Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About FredBasset

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks to all for your help. Saturday: I have sent copies of previous letters stating again that I am defending the case. In addition, today I sent more copies of the same letters, all with Proof of Posting. I will update as and when I have a response. Thanks again.
  2. Well, I thought there might be some information which I could use? This is all new to me.
  3. That's interesting! Is the information on how to do that on this site? Maybe I'll just do a search? Thanks
  4. No that's fine. They were Q's about procedure eg fee I might have to pay to proceed, possibility of time extension to prepare defence, etc. They have handed it over to DCAs already - incredible! I sent a copy of my latest complaint letter which had been sent to NBCC, to the DCA. I feel fairly confident about getting it resolved, especially with the advice from this site, which has made a huge difference. Fingers crossed!
  5. Daniella I will try to get the RM signature informaton and then get back to you. I will read up on "set aside" procedure. Gany I will try to briefly explain. On the acknowledgement I sent an accompanying letter asking about court procedure and fee remission etc. On the response form I sent an accompanying letter asking that my questions be answered. I ticked "I dispute the full amount". I enclosed a statement headed up DEFENCE. All sent by RD plus extra copies by proof of posting. Thank you both for your replies.
  6. Yes, I'll try to do that. I have around 10 receipts (some RD, some proof of posting) so I don't think they can petend they haven't received my paperwork. They clearly have read none of it. Thank you for your help. I'll follow your advice. It's a real weight off my mind having your clear advice.
  7. I really appreciate your answers. I wll try to answer the Q's I sent the ack. on 19.2 and the Defence within the time limit. Sent by RD with addtiona copies proof of posting. I don't live or work near the court am in receipt of benefits). I did ask for it to be moved to a nearer court. They have now sent a reply but state that is is classed as a full admission. However, in every letter I have made it very clear I am defending it. Text is jumping about. Have to stop posting for now. I think that's all for now. Thank you for the advice.
  8. After numerous attempts to post, I hope this one will work. Thank you to all who have responded. I am very, very suspicious about email and phone calls. I need all to be done through the postal "system", as it is very slightly less suspect than other methods! I simply cannot cope with calling these people and being fobbed off, as I will undoubtebly be. I really cannot cope with this. They have 3 sets of paperwork very clearly showing that I am defending this, and will never, ever admit owing this money.
  9. Thank you so much for your reply. This is to do with SE Water bill. I have requested that I be allowed to have a water distiller. There is legislation allowing this. Communications all ignored. Sent all correspondence to the "court". All sent by Rd. No acknowledgement,or response to any letters. Today, after my post here, I received another "communication" from the "court" stating that it was a "full admission". All paperwork 100% contradicts this. They have no paperwork that suggest admission of "guilt". Any help would be very much appreciated.
  10. I have send 3 separate sets of paperwork to NBCC all by RD and they have been ignored. I have now received a Judgement for Claimant. I am worried sick. How do I get these people to answer me and acknowledge that I have put in a defence. Thank you in advance.
  11. I just joined a few days ago with a post about impending court action from my water company. Someone then told me they'd moved it from the section I posted it in, and put it in the utilities section. Another poster suggested moving it, and then another said I should start a new post, as I had put it in with another post of similar subject matter. I'm new to all this and really would appreciate some help on where to post, and sorry if I am in the wrong secton now. Thanks for your help.
  12. Hi guys and thanks. I have received a claim form from NCCBC which I have acknowledged South East Water are taking me to court for non-payment, although I have been making regular small payments for some time. I have requested that I get a distiller installed which the Dept of Health will cover the cost of under current regulations. No response from SE Water re. this, just more threats. The amount owing is about £250. If there is any more information you need, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any help.
  13. Hi Conniff, thaks for moving my post. I wasn't sure if this was the right place or not. The claim is for non-payment (around £250), altough I have been making regular small payments. I have also made several attempts to get South East Water to agree to me having a water distiller installed, and understad the Dept of Health will cover the costs under their legislation. SE Water have ignored my requests and continued to send aggressive letters. Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be useful as I have no knowledge of court procedure and would prefer it if the water co would just le
  14. This is my first post and I am wondering if someone can give me advice. I have checked through several threads and made notes but am now confused as to how to proceed. Just a brief explanation so far: I have received a claim form from Northampton Bulk Centre regarding impending action. I am searching through my paperwork and am panicking. I only received it on 13.2.13 and the date of issue is 13.2.13, so I only have a short time to reply. I am sending back my acknowledgement stating that I am going to be contesting the claim. I requested my water company allow me to install a
  • Create New...