Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About lelu19uk

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi all, I have had many issues with MBNA, but most have been resolved in my favour. However this one is proving a little more difficult to deal with. I had an MBNA credit card from 1999 to 2003 all was ok until I was signed of sick, I continued to pay MBNA while i was off sick for the first year as i get paid for this and then I tried to activate the PPI that they sold me. I was told that because they didn't see clinical depression as a reason they would not activate the PPI (I have successfully claimed the PPI back). My problem is after I informed them of the financial hardship (ie not getting paid anymore other than SSP) they then added £2800ish in charges and fees which wouldn't have occurred had they not of missold me PPI (they have admitted this already). They would not freeze interest or charges and added all this interest and charges in the 6 months before they sent it to debt collection agents. (I have all the charges and already obtained a SAR and sent the charges sheet into them with the first letter). I lodged a formal complaint with them as soon as they upheld my PPI claim and they have responded stating they will not repay charges as they have no record of me trying to activate the PPI. they upheld my PPI claim on the basis that due to them not activating it for newly diagnosed clinical depression i had been missold it. Can someone give me some advice, on where to go next. How can MBNA state they never had a record of me trying to activate the PPI when they paid a misselling PPI claim solely on this basis. Do i have a good chance of reclaiming the penalty fees they issued after I tried to activate their missold PPI? (please note that this has been fully paid now including all charges and interest) I am happy to issue through court if this is the route to go. Thanks in advance L
  2. Thank you, I have already wrote a letter of complaint to Hospital 'A' about them failing to tell me that they found something on the scan. This was sent on 15/02/2014 after I recieved the letter. It was recieved by them and signed for on the 18/02/14. I am awaiting their reply. Who would I send the SAR to? Hospital 'A' or Hospital 'B'. I forgot to say that the condition they found causes Chronic Fatigue and this has caused me to take in excess for 40+ days of work since Feb 2014. Of course I was placed of staged sickness at work and the only things I could say to my boss was I was tired and I ached all the time. Which doesn't look good at all on my part. I am lucky that I have an understanding boss otherwise I don't think I would have a job left. Regards Lx
  3. Hi, I am looking for some advice for the situation i now find myself in. I will try and be as brief as possible but including all the facts. In Feb 2013 I was sent to A&E at hospital 'A'. They thought I was having TIA's and told me I would be contacted for an emergency brain scan. A week later I see the consultant at the TIA clinic who sent me for an MRI scan. I went back to hospital 'A' and was told everything was fine and the scan was clear. They didnt know what was causing my symptoms and did no further tests to find out. They put everything down to me already having Graves Disease. Fast forward to Nov 2013 and I received a letter from Hospital 'B' saying that I have to attend an appointment on Jan 2014. 4 days before I was due to attend this appointment i received a phone call from hospital 'B' asking me if I had had an up to date brain scan. I said no as I had not received a letter to do so. Whilst on the phone I asked the secretary why I had been referred to hospital 'B' when hospital 'A' had told me my scan was clear. She went panicky on the other end of the phone and told me she would get a nurse to phone me. The nurse phoned me to tell me they had found something on my brain scan after all and all she could tell me was it was not a tumor and that I would have to wait until I see them after the brain scan to find out what is was. As you can understand I was very scared. So when i saw my Graves consultant I informed her about them finding something on my brain scan as i wasn't sure whether it would affect the way she treated me. She tried her best to find pout what was wrong but when she phoned hospital 'A' they refused to give her any information stating 'they would post it to her'. Fast forward again to the 14th Feb 2014 and I received a standard letter from my Graves disease consultant outlining what had happened in our session and low and behold on the top of that letter under the diagnoses heading it had the condition listed that Hospital 'B' wouldn't tell me I had. I was very upset that I had to find out what is wrong with me this was and I had to google the condition as it is a rare condition. Now my graves disease consultant wont progress with my treatment because hospital 'A' wouldn't provide her with the diagnoses of my MRI scan. I hope what I have wrote is clear enough. If not feel free to ask me questions. Lx
  4. FYI They never acknowledged the CPA only over the phone but no payments were made to the company in August 11 - so i assumed all was ok. I have only had 2 letters from them since I started chasing this in Dec 12. - One refused my first SAR attempt due to the cheque being in my partners name. The second SAR request the postal order was cashed but I have recieved no paperwork. This was part of my complaint and they replied stating this would be dealt with asap and I would receive my SAR reply in due course. Lx
  5. They have failed to send me a SAR request as of yet but have acknowledged that I sent one (6 months after I sent the SAR into them). They said they will deal with it asap. - Their excuse was that I had sent it to the wrong department. I have a letter which states that I cancelled direct debits over the phone but doesn't say how many or which ones (I cancelled them all). I have all the letters I sent them dating back to 2011 when I first sent the CPA.
  6. I would be prepared to take this as far as I can. I was laughed at by their customer service department when I first made the complaint. I was lied to on more than one occasion. They have contradicted themselves in letters. Was told by one representative that they don't record phone calls but the person that is dealing with my complaint has listened to the call. They have passed judgement on my tone in the call. They wont give me a transcript of it. They keep ringing me,despite repeatedly telling them i only deal in writing. All the above is how I have been treated by Lloyds and believe me I could go on and on. Do I go to the FOS ,reply to Lloyds, or go straight to small claims? Lx
  7. Thank you, I am assuming I can also claim back the money they let go out because they didnt cancel the CPA. The default happened because they failed to cancel the direct debits that I asked them to cancel. Can I also claim compensation for the fact it has taken 7 months and 6 letters to get a reply from them. I have had numerous debt collection companies demanding payment. Continuous phone calls etc. Despite the fact the debt was in dispute Lloyds passed it on to debt collection anyway. If I can what sort of figure is normal to claim? Would I bee looking to claim interest on the £1145 for the failed CPA cancellation? Thank you again
  8. Thank you for your advice. I did refer to that in my first letter, they stated because I didn't provide them with proof of payment of the payday loan they are not interested. Do you know if i can still cash the cheque or do i send it back? Lx
  9. Hi all, In August 2011 I cancelled a CPA from a payday lender. I did this in writing to Lloyds (I still have a copy of the letter). No payment was taken in August 11, but in Sept 11 Lloyds let the company take £1140 from my account in 7 transactions. I made a complaint over the phone at the end of Sept 11. They refused to so a chargeback or solve the problem at all. Instead they demanded proof I had paid the payday lender in full. I didnt have this at the time and didnt no what to do. So I did nothing. Recently I submitted a claim for this money under the fact they had failed to keep to the CPA. They have declined any liability and stated because I continued to to use the account there is nothing they can do. In July 2012 they defaulted my account because I refused to pay £300 in charges when they failed to cancel several direct debits. I also made a claim for this. In the letter they sent they ackowledged that i tried to cancel the direct debits over the phone.Surely this makes them liable for the default that was registered and the charges. I recieved a letter stating that they will not removed the default and they are offering me £220. £100 off the outstanding balance. £100 compensation. £20 to cover my postal costs and the failed SAR that I requested. They have agreed to fullfil the SAR request asap. My problem is I feel they are liable for the full amount as the failure to cancel was their fault. Can someone advice me on what letter to send next. Also am I legally allowed to cash the cheque for £220 and still take this further? Regards Lx
  10. Phone your bank and get a charge back as you paid under duress. Insist they do this as u were forced to make the payment. Someone will be along to advise you what to do next. Lx
  11. If you have never acknowledged this debt. Surely it will b statue barred now. I wudnt reply or contact them at all. Sounds like a spoof really. Someone with more knowledge shud b along later.
  12. I thought this would be of interest to people. Yesterday I recieved an email on an old Paypal account. I have been disputing the charges on this account for 3 years. IQOR have tried and sent it back to Paypal. Some history. Ebay did a chargeback on an item that someone collected and then told me a month later that it didnt work. In all the pictures it worked. I refused to give refund and cancelled my bank card. They have been chasing me ever since. So fast forward to yesterday. I received an email stating that I had sent money to a' Lucy Atzintok' on the 7th June. A total of £60.23 (funny enough the amount of money they have been chasing me for). Email stated if I hadnt sent the payment to log onto my account. Out of curiousity I tried to log on to be met with the official PayPal page stating they wanted to confirm my identity. Funny enough they wanted my card details. What a joke of a company!
  13. Hi guys, I had 2 loans with provident and one of there cards. The balances total over £2000. I haven't paid anything for over 2 years now and recently started getting letter from ck edrupt (their in house collection people). They show on my Credit report as 6 late payments but no default. They sent a few letters. So I CCA'd them. Credit agreements are fine, but then they sent me a letter offering me 50% discount. Is there something wrong with the debt? I was tempted to write back and offer them 10% f and f after receiving their discount letter. Should I do this?
  14. Can i jump in here. I too have done the same as u and also got nothing back. Am interested in the advice u get sorry i cant offer any. I have sent many letters to chase this. Even had a text message saying they had dealt withy request but recieved nothing.
  • Create New...