Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About windswept19

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks for all the responses. It also turns out that he is making a single claim even though he lives with his new partner and has done so for months. Surely that cannot be right? Apparently as far as my friend knows the wife is very well off and ovbiously he is not declaring her income. Lavish holidays, fancy restaurants etc all the while he claims to be single.
  2. Yes that's right. They both have the child exactly the same number of nights. I'm not sure whether or not tax credits split claims, I'll get her to check - I think she assumed they would be like CHB and not split. Thanks for your help
  3. Yes they have joint custody. But he refuses to share the benefits - he claims he has the child full time when he doesn't but they take his word for it.
  4. She had already tried to make a claim but has been told they can only pay it to one party - the ex - and the information they have received from him is what they believe even though he has been dishonest. They said their decision is final. He has also managed to be awarded the child benefit and he won't half that with her either.
  5. Thank you renegade. I am tired hearing about people who are genuinely struggling and cannot get the help they need and then there's people of this who abuse the system.
  6. thanks a million for your help, much appreciated.
  7. Thanks for the replies. He's the ex of a close friend of mine. He makes her life a misery and lords it over her and refuses to give her a penny towards the child. She is struggling financially and he keeps the full benefit entitlement and refuses to share even though he only has the child half the week. I am lucky enough not to need to claim benefits and never have - I thought if someone earned good wage they wouldn't get tax credits?
  8. Hi Someone I know of is, I believe, claiming tax credits that they are not entitled to. They have substantial income from various places including rental income and the sale of another of their property. The child they are claiming for is with this individual half the week so 50/50 with the other parent, however they are claiming the child is with them 100% of the time. They refuse to share the money and ignore all requests to do so. He is self employed and is known to the CMS for hiding his income, it took them two years to get arrears off him. Any thoughts?
  9. Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to all I know this is probably a really stupid question so please don't shout at me (I'm not well at the moment) ... I am wanting to get my PPI reclaims underway and I wondered if making a claim would resurrect any old debts? If that even makes sense? Is it better to do myself or through the "Resolver" reclaiming tool from the Money Saving Expert website - it's free but there's no mention of doing as SAR? Thanks in advance
  10. Hi, thank you for your reply. No, it's not on my credit file. I would have taken it out years ago, at least 8 I would say from memory (which isn't great due to PTSD but that's another story). It's probably closer to 10 years actually. It may have defaulted and dropped off? Regards D
  11. Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just received a Notice of Assignment from Hoist Finance U Holdings 2 Limited. It is regarding Capital One (original creditor). The balance is £830.74. It says they have been appointed to manage all matters related to the account etc. Where do I start please? SAR to Capital One? Regards D
  12. Hello, any help would be appreciated. In brief: I used the Dartford crossing in August. I tried to pay the £2.50 but their system was down for hours and I was unable to do so until the following day. I received a £35 fine. I made a representation and they have rejected it and said "our investigations show that thre were no known problems with our website at the time you stated you attempted to pay". The fine has gone up to £72.50 now. I am wondering what the best option is (a) just pay the charge and forget about it; or (b) appeal it. I am worried that
  13. Hello again, I have received a letter from the court as follows: "I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen. Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim wil be stayed. Th
  • Create New...