Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About driller

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 09 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Are you not terrified of having to go to court........I know it's our money they owe us but I was nervous just going in the court office to file the claim. Think I will need some support with this one - god knows why I'm behaving like this, normally quite a strong person.
  3. Thanks Sazz, Starting to get paranoid about the whole thing. Am convinced that the Halifax will pick me to 'make an example' of and I'm going to end up in court! Am off now to find out more about this 'set aside' stuff.
  4. Hi, Just a quick query. I filed my papers in court last Friday so I dont expect to hear anything until next week but my husband was talking to guys at work and it seems there's more people doing this than I realised. One of the guys said that he had taken bank to court (Halifax) and they didn't show on the day, the judge re-set the date (weeks away) and the day before the new date they settled. Sounds like the bank were just buying time. Is this common or is it just in Northern Ireland? I thought that if a representative from the bank didn't turn up they wouldn't get a 2nd chance and woul
  5. Hi there, I was recently in the same position as you....got a phone call offering an insult! as a gesture of goodwill. I argued for a while, they ran circles round me with the company blurb but, in the end, was offered a little more. It was something like £290 (and I'm looking for £2k) so I said I would accept the offer as part payment and would carry on through the courts for the difference. As soon as I said that the Halifax withdrew the offer of £290! - which apparently they are entitled to do. My court papers for the full amount are going in tomorrow. My only advise at this stag
  6. Hi Cariad, How's your fight going with the evil greedy ones. I've arranged a lift in to town tomorrow so I can take court papers in......watch this space. (Things not good so I need money to get a small holiday) x
  7. Hello - to all of you watching my thread to see if I've won yet....sorry for delay, instead of getting to court when I said I ended up in hospital. Am hoping to get to court this week and hope the result puts a smile on my face. Thanks for all your supportive messages, hope I'm as lucky as others. Fingers crossed.
  8. Time Is Up. Am Taking Court Papers In Tomorrow. Will Let You All Know How It Goes.
  9. Thanks Cariad.....at least I know I'm not going slowly insane now. Baby due end Nov - it's my 4th! (what you might call a little slip up, but also a blessing). I'll let you know when it's sorted.
  10. Can't wait to put my details in the litigation section - settled in full! Fingers crossed. Once (see how positive I'm being) I get my money I'm going to buy a new TV - cos the old one is going to get thrown out of the lounge window if I see another bloody annoying Halifax advert!!!!! Sorry, had to get it off my chest. Time is ticking til the 17th. Have my court form all ready and filled in - yee haa.
  11. My only advise would be to not speak to them on the phone. I learnt the hard way - only this morning! They just keep repeating, repeating, repeating themselves. They are like robots and start to confuse you. Us hard done by women need to stick together.
  12. Thanks for the support, starting to lose my nerve. I'm determined to hold out and go to court if I have to (need the money for new baby on the way!). Will keep you posted.
  13. Hi, This is my first time, so please forgive me if I say or do something wrong. I have been following other members who are trying to claim back from the Halifax for weeks and weeks. I have read and re-read all the FAQ's and loads of cases to make sure I'm doing it all correctly. I have followed all procedures to claim back nearly £2k, under 2 separate accounts. Have issues LBA's now for both accounts, they have until 17th May to pay up or else! My question is this.......I've had usual response offering partial repayment of £298. I e-mailed Deborah Sargent yesterday to accept this a
  • Create New...