Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Zodiac


Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Tolkny

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I imagine that clarifying that the seller does own the goods could be worthwhile but on the reasonableness test, I would presume that if I was buying something and if later it turned out not to be true, I would report the theft to the police, though I do not know how that might help financially as I know the goods would be removed from me because as an inadvertent receiver of stolen goods, I would have no claim on the items. It is not so much overthinking as just the normal complications of life, if you are suspicious in the first place - which I presume you are not - just don't buy the goods. We could both better spend our time - I suggest - these are very high class problems, indeed
  2. I am no expert but presume you are satisfied with the goods as they are now. Surely, as English & Welsh Law (I presume also Scottish & Northern Irish) is based on what is reasonable and is not basically complicated all that is needed is an agreed description of the goods and the amount charged and a receipt of payment - that is a bill of sale. I wonder why anything more sophisticated is needed. If the goods turn out to be not as described presumably a dispute would result and if settlement cannot be agreed between buyer and seller a court of law can be used to determine a resolution. (I suspect I maybe missing the point here and offer apologies)
  3. Yes very strong invitation, best to show up!! If you plead not guilty it is very unlikely the trial will take place on the first day, which is why it is also unlikely that if a person doesn't turn up at the first date that the trial would actually go ahead on that day.
  4. I am out of touch, maybe the thought is that requisition is a more easily understood word, I think the point is that it is more than an invitation to attend but not an order to attend. If a person does not attend and the court is satisfied they should attend then an order from the court will be issued but if one responds to the requisition it demonstrates a willingness to co-operate and means you are there in person to tell the court if you have a difficulty about attending at a particular time on a particular date. If you phone the court and say what you have received they should be able to put you on to the right person, if it is convenient you might go in to the court office in person. I would favour contacting the court rather than, or as well as, the Prosecutor.
  5. I'm not sure what is meant by 'requisition' I would have expected a "Summons" to have been sent to the person who is alleged to have offended, which is an instruction to attend court, so I would direct any queries (after I have taken advice) to that court because it is the court who makes final decisions apart possibly from the Prosecutor, who would have issued the summons who has power to ask court for it to be withdrawn if it has been issued in error. I suspect I am confusing things by thinking of several different possibilities which is the reason I suggest showing exactly what as been sent to someone who is used to seeing the forms, they can be muddled and not easy to understand (although they shouldn't be)!
  6. Seems right NOT to ignore this, Ultimately I suggest the place to contact by phone or in person is the Office of the Clerk to the Justices of the Magistrates Court you have been told to attend ( I am presuming lucky star12 is in England or Wales). It might be best to get specialist advice before you contact the court so you know exactly what you face, as I am not clear from what has been said. The best person is a criminal solicitor, who may well give free initial advice if you say that you have been told to attend court and are not sure if you need to be represented. It may seem worrying to speak to a solicitor, but by speaking to a solicitor on your behalf you should find out "exactly" what is the worse that can happen and what is legally your best course of action. Different firms of solicitors are easier or more difficult to approach (it can be a sign whether they want your business) In my experience people who start a possible court process by getting accurate and precise legal advise get through the situation with the greatest of ease in the long run. If a solicitor cannot be found, good advice can come from Citizens advice bureau or a Law Centre, if there is one near you (if there is and there probably is not - that would be the best place to start because they will refer you direct to a solicitor is that is definitely needed). Don't panic you are one of many thousands If you do a search for "law centres" you will find a lot of information also you can do a search for "magistrates courts" and "citizens advice bureaux" where a lot of reliable information is available.
  • Create New...