Jump to content

Grub Granny

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Grub Granny

  1. I did think that. So I guess I do nothing and wait for them to reply to my request last December.
  2. After advice from dx I resubmitted my request for documentation back in December 2020. I have eventually received a letter today from Arrow which just looks like a statement, in fact it’s headed Periodic Statement detailing how much I owe them. How much has been paid to them - zero. Date of original debt 1997. They ask me to get in touch with Drydens to arrange me paying the debt off or come to an agreement to pay it monthly. That’s all, no threats, most odd. What do you advice I do?
  3. Drydensfairfax letter today. First para: this is a letter of claim sent to you in accordance with the Pre action protocol for debt claims. It encloses info sheet which sets out the basis for sending me the letter, a reply form to be returned if I wish to respond and a financial questionnaire so their client can consider my financial situation when considering my offer. What do I do now?
  4. Dx - I don’t know what you mean by “why”? brassnecked - apart from I was paying £20 per month up until April last year?
  5. That may be so but do you have any suggestions as to how I proceed with this?
  6. After the cca request Last year and many updates saying they were still working on it I received a letter this morning from drydensfaifax saying “unfortunately our client has been unable to provide a copy of the Credit Agreement at present. Despite the above the balance remains due and owing and it is importance that the matter is addressed” then follows “for completeness” the original creditor ref account opening date date of default balance outstanding last payment amount and date. it finishes with “if the above clarifies matters, we would ask that you now contact us to arrange payment”
  7. I have received letters from Hsbc saying my account is being referred to Wescot. Letters from Wescot saying they have been instructed by their client Hsbc, another which says they have made inquiries and I do live where I say I do and finally account is on hold until they hear from Hsbc and await further instructions from Hsbc. I have not received any Notice of Assignment.
  8. Well a reply at last! I have received a without prejudice letter from HSBC giving me info on when I opened the account, 1994, the payment due date each month, the last payment amount, the current balance and the account status. They say "we advise that regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a statement due to the age of the account. Please note that in accordance with Reg 3 of the Consulter Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulation 1983 we provide a reconstituted copy of the executed agreement that does not include info which it is permitted to exclude such as the signatures and signature box. I can confirm the above account was opened in 1994 and is held in your name. In addition, HSBC Uk holds personal details which were supplied by you upon application, such as date of birth and employment details". It goes on and concludes with "it is reasonable to conclude that you have acknowledged this debt and you have conducted the above account in a way that suggests you have a relationship with the bank". They have sent a photocopy of a priority application for an AA Membership Card, completely blank of course as I have never been a member of the AA or applied for an AA membership card! Also a blank copy of Terms and Conditions of a GM Card which has my name and date of birth written on it not by me. No signatures or dates of signatures. Also In 1994 my surname isn't the surname I have now!
  9. Thanks for your reply. Yes I did keep the receipt. I've today sent off the letter to HSBC and to Wescot informing them of the CCA request. I know I didn't have to inform Wescot but it will stop the calls and texts, hopefully! I'll update when I get an update
  10. An update but a strange one. I have received a letter from HSBC stating my account is being transferred to Wescot and they will be contacting me. I received a letter from Wescot asking me to contact them to put in place a repayment plan which is acceptable to both of us, blah, blah, etc. I have had loads of texts and voice messages asking me to contact them which I have ignored. The CCA request last June seems to have disappeared! They cashed my postal order and credited it against my account but I've heard nothing else. I've not been paying them anything. What should I do next?
  11. Interesting. What do you suggest I do next. Do I write to HSBC asking them when they are going to reply or to Restons telling them this is subject to a CCA request or something else?
  12. Update: no update apart from Reston’s asking me very politely would I mind contacting them. They also asked me to pay them and not HSBC as £1 has been credited to my account which should have been send via them. This is postal order I sent with my CCA request to HSBC back in June! Not even an acknowledgement from HSBC. Should I do anything? Is there any time limit on them acknowledging CCA requests, I’m coming up 6 months on this
  13. Update. No update. Still waiting for anything from anyone with regard to cca request. With regard to the ppi I have received acknowledgement that ppi did exist on this account. A couple of letters saying they needed more time and today a letter from mbna saying they currently don't have enough info to fully assess my circumstances at the time of the sale and could I just fill in an 8 page questionnaire so they can complete their investigations quickly. Now are they trying to trip me up and wriggle out of paying or should I complete and return. They ask questions such as my income at the time which I wouldn't have thought was relevant to ppi. Thoughts please?
  14. An update. There is still no update. I've not even had an acknowledgment from hsbc for my cca request dated 29th June. Is this normal to have to wait this long? I've had 1 call from Restons asking me to ring them which I haven't but otherwise deathly quiet!
  15. Just a thought. If I did write to Restons saying this account is subject to a CCA request to HSBC wouldn't that stop them writing to me saying I'm behind with my payments. I don't want to antagonize them unnecessarily. I don't know how long it will take HSBC to inform them of this. I expect them to ramp up the letters saying I'm behind with payments especially if they don't know about the CCA. I still haven't had an acknowledgement from HSBC after them receiving my request over 7 weeks ago!
  16. Still no reply with regards to this. I've also just realised I was mis sold a PPI on this credit card between approx. 2001 and 2006, before the account defaulted. Can't remember the actual dates but I did get a call from them asking if I wanted to take out the protection insurance. At the time I was self employed and I did ask if it was possible to do this being self employed the guy I spoke to said yes. I believe this isn't correct. I paid the monthly payments and after about 18 months I cancelled them because of the extra cost. Is it possible to request the premiums back even if this account is subject to CCA and SAR. What's your advice?
  17. How long do HSBC have to reply to my CCA request. It will be 7 weeks on Monday when they received it. Do I have to write to them again requesting a response?
  18. Well got a reply from Restons this morning. Saying their records indicate that I am in arrears with the installments on my account. £20.00 is now overdue. I have had no response at all from HSBC after sending my CCA request dated 20th June. Should I write back to Restons and tell them this is subject to a CCA request and I'm surprised they haven't been informed?
  19. Yes payments stopped. I was too late to stop last months but the next is due on the 25th July so I won't pay it.
  20. An update. No update! Since getting a letter from Drydensfairfax acknowledging receipt of the PAP letter, in fact I had that letter twice, dated 29th May and 13th June. Also a letter from Arrow Global dated 3rd June saying Drydens Fairfax are dealing with this on their behalf. I've received nothing. The original CCA was dated 16th May. Do I do anything or sit back and wait? My original paperwork must be at the back of a very large filing cabinet!
  21. An update. Well there isn't any! Sent off CAA to HSBC, Canada Square, with regard to my GM Credit Card on the 20th June and I haven't had anything back not even an acknowledgement they received the letter. Restons tried to ring me a couple of times which I didn't pick up and wrote to me on the 24th June asking me to ring them as they haven't had sight of my income and expenditure. (this seems totally separate from the CCA). They wanted this back by the 3rd July, I've ignored that as well. Should I do anything or just wait and see what happens next?
  22. Ok thanks. Off to Coventry it goes. Hope I'm not opening up a hornets nest being an HSBC customer! I'll update as and when
  23. Many thanks Dx. Do I need to send the SAR to the Data Protection Officer for HSBC at Coventry or to HSBC's headquarters in Canada Square, london. I've just looked up the Data Protection Register for HSBC and both addresses are shown
  • Create New...