Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Maz01

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I have been trying to get my deposit back from a letting agents since vacating the property on 19th October 2012. I was a sole tenant and had an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. The contract states that the deposit would be protected by "the Deposit Protection Service" depositprotection.com, however I was never issued with a certificate or any reference number. I received a letter from the letting agency stating I would be deduced £30 for holes in the walls due to pictures etc. - to which I agreed. I have been trying to get the reminder of my deposit back ever since - the excuse given has been that they are waiting for the landlord to sign the cheque. Is my understanding correct that if it was in a proper scheme that it is all done on-line and therefore no need to issue a cheque? This leads me to believe that it is / was not ever in a proper scheme? If so could I make a claim at the County Court? Could I claim for a breach of the regulations (which I believe they can award between 1 and 3 times the original amount plus the deposit). The amount is £450 - £30 charge (also I was never given an inventory so could I now dispute the £30 charge and claim the full amount back) Any advice would be gratefully recieved as its now been 8 months!
  • Create New...