Jump to content

andyb78

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    87
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About andyb78

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Shoos have written. I'll send a CCA to Arrow and advise Shoos that I have done so. Thanks a lot for your help.
  2. In post #49, you advised me to CCA Shoos, which I did back then. Also CCA'd Arrow at the same time. Sent the long letter above to Shoo's too, but have never received a response to any of the three communications.
  3. It may well be, but it was supplied by one of your colleagues on here who was trying to help and be constructive! And since I did not receive any correspondence up until now, I guess that it had some kind of effect three years ago? So, to recap and be clear, your advice is to ignore the people that have written to me, but reply to the DCA whom I haven't heard from with a CCA request again?
  4. Dear Sirs, Reference: 123456789 Thank you for your letter of the xx/xx/xxxx, which for the avoidance of doubt is being treated as a formal letter before actionicon. I refer you to the Practice Direction-Pre-Action Conduct (“PD-PAC”). In particular I refer you to paragraph 1 of PD-PAC which states that its purpose is to “enable the parties to settle the issues between them” and to encourage the parties to “exchange information”. Compliance with the PD-PAC will mean that proceedings will be avoided if possible and cases that proceed to trial are dealt with efficiently. The co
  5. I will send the aforementioned letter with my new address included. Can I refer to the previous letter I sent, which was essentially 'I have no knowledge of the debt', with a CCA request included, or should I start a fresh? Should I CCA the DCA as well as Shoos again too?
  6. I haven't heard from any other DCA's since I moved, only these guys. I was always under the impression that they pull the data from your credit file anyway. I have drafted a letter that basically outlines the previous CCA requests that have not been met. I was then going to include the old CCA's in the envelope with the letter.
  7. Should add that the letters are getting to me via Royal Mail forwarding service, as I moved approx two years ago.
  8. Received the same letter today, advising that the 50% discount date is approaching. I forgot to mention in earlier post that there is a paragraph at the bottom of the letter stating that 'after revving my credit file, they will refer my account to their client for Warrant of Control. Basically, I will be sent a letter by an enforcement agent and within 15 days some chap will turn up on my doorstep to asses what can be sold to meet the debt. This is a step I most certainly do not want to happen. I have a very young family, last thing I need is my wife being harassed when I'm at work.
  9. Okay, thanks DX. It's always tempting to remind them of their obligations, as have found that silence sometimes makes them think of weakness.
  10. Sorry, my error, maths is terrible! Lol Ignoring the statute bit for another few months, how should I proceed? Big bold writing tempting 50% offer, then smaller text paragraph at the bottom stating that Arrow MAY proceed to a CCJ. They gave me 6 weeks to reply too, which is nice!
  11. Resurrecting an old thread here! Received another letter from Shoos as before, stating court action if I don't agree to a reduced full and final settlement. Shall I just send a letter with copies of the letters I sent back in 2015 to Arrow and Shoos stating that I do not know of the debt and do not acknowledge it. I asked for CCA's from both before and nothing materialised. Should add, I stopped paying all of my creditors back in May 2013, so technically, that should make this statute barred now by three months. If I go statute barred route, is that putting my hands up t
  12. That's a good point actually. I will wait out the 30 days and see what comes next. I'll update as and when I hear more. Thanks all again for your help, always appreciated and your time.
  13. Please don't think I was being standoffish, was not the intention, I just want to be careful as such. Getting close to statute on a couple of bits, last thing I want to do is stir the hornets nest. So best ignore, rather than highlight the error? I'm assuming that it's an intentional error as such, hoping that I wouldn't notice.
×
×
  • Create New...