Jump to content

maplins

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    19
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About maplins

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I think you're probably right, pursuing this with the bank has more chance of success than with Apple.
  2. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, please feel free to move it if not! I had an out-of-warranty iPhone that needed a battery replacement. I paid for the work online with my debit card using Apple's support site. A hold was placed on the money in my account. While I waited for them to send out the pre-paid box to return the phone, the hold on the money was removed, presumably because the work had not been completed and could not yet be charged. I left the money where it was because I knew it would be taken later. I returned the phone and was contacted via e
  3. Don't worry, they aren't getting anything out of me. If it's what I think it is, it's statute barred anyway and isn't on my credit file. If it isn't what I think it is, then they're not getting any reply until something turns up in the post. I'm certainly not going to answer the security questions. I don't have the facility to record my calls, what I said to her was more to rattle her than anything else. It worked
  4. Portfolio Recovery Associates contact me by telephone every few days. Most days it's an abandoned call with up to 45 seconds of silence before the recorded message kicks in (that's been reported to OFCOM) but today I spoke to an actual person, something that happens maybe once a week. Every time I talk to someone there, I do the usual refusal to go through the security questions and advise them to put it in writing. I have as yet, received nothing in the post from them. I asked the caller to have a look at my file on her screen and tell me how many times they've writte
  5. Thanks Andy. So am I right in thinking that if they're claiming not to be the creditor, then they can't pursue the claim and if it turns out they are the creditor then the court can't enforce it because they haven't complied with the CCA request?
  6. So should I write back and say that they should withdraw their claim as, according to them, they aren't lawfully allowed to issue it in the first place?
  7. So we CCAed Arrow (the claimant) and SARed Cap One (the OC). No reply from Cap One yet but it's early days. Arrow replied with the following: "We do not accept that we are the creditor as evisaged by the above statute [CCA]. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course. "We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents." Attached was our postal order for £1. How can Arrow start legal action
  8. So we're going to have to CCA and SAR the OC then? I realise this should have been done before now.
  9. Hi Andy, thanks for your reply. So will the court accept that they will send us this paperwork within 6 weeks and then have 14 days to file the defence? Or do we have 14 days after the original 28 days?
  10. The missus has received a claim form from Northampton CCBC for an old Capital One debt. The debt is a couple of months from being statute barred but is full of charges she hasn't yet claimed. She immediately sent the CPR 31.14 letter for the CCA, default notice and NOA. WC's reply states it'll take up to six weeks to get the documents and they'll agree to an extension of 14 days after they send the documents to file the defence. Will WC tell the court that there's an extension? I thought it could only be extended for 28 days. Is this just a sneaky way to get a judgement? Surely they
  11. Eventually, yes. Once trading standards and the OFT were mentioned they decided that they weren't going to pursue this. We agreed that I pay a nominal amount for the time listed in their directory and my account would be closed.
×
×
  • Create New...