Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About sarhoff76

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Many thanks for your advice, I will contact each company that is doing this and if I get no joy I will then contact the Information Commissioner. I did dispute the information held by the Credit Reference Agency, but they rejected my dispute, but failed to tell me why, which wasn't very helpful. Again thank you for your advice. Sarah
  2. Hi Some advice needed please. I declared myself Bankrupt in June 2010 and was discharged from this in June 2011. Most of my creditors who were included in the Bankruptcy then gave a default date of June 2011, however some of them have continued giving my defaults for every month on my credit report right up to todays date, and they have stated that the amount I owe them is the same as when I went bankrupt. I know that the amount should not be the same as before I was bankrupt I was involved in an IVA and had paid four years of money towards this which was then divided up between all my creditors when I went bankrupt. My question really is should they still be actively defaulting me every month and stating that I still owe that amount to them? Any help much appreciated. Sarah
  3. Hi Not sure if it was a Debt Collector, but the postcard had Anglian Water printed in the corner. He left only the name Denholm and a mobile number with hand written message detailing what i owe in arrears and what my full bill is for this year he added my account number as well. I have complained via email to Anglian Water but i think a formal letter would be more appropriate. Is there some other people i should be informing of a breach of data protection? Thank you again to all that are helping its much appreciated. Sarah
  4. Hi Thanks for your reply. Only witness would be my husband who was there when i found it. The writing is the same as the writing used for the name and number of the person i need to contact. I really don't want to ring this person as he seems very unprofessional, and Anglian water haven't responded, so not sure what to do? sarah
  5. Hi Im not sure if this is the correct place for this but couldn't find anywhere else to put it. We are currently £240 in arrears with Anglian Water, however i got my new bill and on this is states that i have until the 2 April to pay £336 which will be the arrears plus the first half of the years payment. I have set up a DD for this and i thought all was fine. I came home from work yesterday to a postcard that had been left in my letterbox, stating that someone called Denholm had come regarding Anglian Water account and that i was to phone a mobile number to sort payment out. What i am really angry about is the fact that this person has also handwritten my account number on the card and the amount i am in arrears and the amount of my full years bill, there was no need for him to write any of this on the card and indeed there was only spaces available for him to put his name and number. He did NOT put this in a sealed envelope addressed to the occupier, but left it half in and half out of the postbox, i have written a complaint to Anglian water. My question is "is this allowed"? Is this breaching the Data Protection Act, do i have a leg to stand on if i make a formal complaint? As i say it was purely a calling card and i don't believe he should have handwritten my details all over the card, but i would like to know if i am correct in this before i go any further with it. Many thanks for any help you can give.
  6. Hi I went Bankrupt in June 2010 included in this bankruptcy was my Uncle Buck Payday Loan. Uncle Buck were informed of this and were sent a copy of my Bankruptcy Order. However after a year or so i was continually harrassed by Uncle Buck demanding payment etc. I emailed them and told them of my Bankruptcy gave them my Bankruptcy number and sent another Bankruptcy order to them. All emails from them stopped until early February when i went to visit my parents i opened a letter addressed to me from Motor Mile Finance saying that Uncle Buck had sold my debt to them and i wass to make a payment immediately, they have also sent me quitre a few emails to my old email account which i have just found threatening to send doorstop collectors. I immediatley phoned them and informed them that i had been made Bankrupt and the Uncle Buck were informed of this on numerous occasions, the lady asked me to provide the bankruptcy Ref, which i did. She then said she will look it up and if i didn't hear anuything within 24 hours then it would mean its all sorted. About 2 weeks later i recieved a phone call from my mum saying that she had opened a letter by accident that was addressed to me and it was from Motor Mile Finance stating that they were going to send out Door Stop Collection Agents unless immediate payment of my debt was made. I phoned them immediately and said i had told them that i was banrupt etc. She then informed me i was not on the register and would have to provide proof that i was made bankrupt, i have now provided this via email attachment and still they are sending me emails. I though that when you were made bankrupt that the companies could not contact or harrass you, and i would have thought that they would not be able to sell the debt on either. Is there anything else i can do to stop them contacting me and sending letters to my parents? Any advice greatly appreciated. Sarah
  7. Hi Thank you for all your advice, its much appreciated. I am going to send Santander a letter offering them 141 per month and hopefully they will accept that although i doubt it very much as they have been very unhelpful up to now. Fingers crossed though as i really don't want my husband to go through legal action as i don't think he will be able to handle it. Again many thanks for all your advice and sorry i didn't thank you all sooner, i have been ill and only just logged back in.
  8. Hi Thank you for your reply, he cancelled the PPI not long after he took the loan out as i told him it wasn't worth paying for. Have read the Lending Code and Santander do seem to be unreasonable and un-moving in the negotiations. I can't understand why. I have done a I&E and their payment per month would be £141. Do i send them my I&E and just pay the 141 per month into their bank account for the time being even though they are asking for £408? At least i would be paying something, which i assume would go in my favour if they start legal proceedings, it just scares me to death when they start talking about taking my husband to court etc, as he really cant deal very well with stuff like this so its left to me to try and sort out. Sarah
  9. Hi Am very new to this, although i have read a few things and took advice to try and sort out our Debt problems. I have managed to sort out repayment plans with most of our creditors. The only one we are having problems with is Santander, who will only agree to a 6 month period for us to catch up on our arrears in the Loan my Husband took out in 2009, we have £3712 left on this loan. We have had problems since July 2011 when my job was made into a job share due to cuts at work therefore i became part time and my salary went down. We fell behind with our debts after a while. As i said we have sorted our other debts out, but santander are saying they will only accept £408 per month for 6 months to pay arrears and keep up to date with further installments (£240). Because we couldn't keep to this they then passed the account to Credit Style Limited. I have tried to deal with Credit Style and given them all the information they then came back with the exact same off Santander had because they are working on behalf of them and are governed by what Santander say. If i cannot agree and commit to paying £408 then Credit Style will pass the account back to Santander, and the lady i dealt with said they will do one of the following: If you are a home owner it could be a County Court Matter as Santander will look to secure the £3712.50 balance you still owe on the agreement against your property. I f you are employed it could be Court again to apply for an attachment of earnings or as you state, they may sell your balance to a 3rd party as they do adopt this procedure too. I am afraid I cannot guarantee which approach they will take as they have a department that deals with cases like yours but I can advise they will give you the chance to pay monthly / weekly and suspend all action unless you default with payment. My question is does anyone know what they are likely to do? We do not own our own home, my husband works but we don't have enough money coming in for them to receive the amount they want through an attachment of earnings order, and if it gets sold on are the other companies more likely to agree to a more suitable agreement plan? Am getting really worried as we are slightly behind with Council Tax and Gas/Electric at the moment and i need to pay these debts first. They are the only company that just wont budge on their timescale. Any advice would be really appreciated. Sorry if i've gone on for too long, its my first time doing this. Sarah
  • Create New...