Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. I wonder if anyone can give me any advice. We are private rental tenants in a property we have lived in for the last 10 years. We have contents insurance and our landlords have building insurance. We were sitting in our lounge a few nights ago and a car came off the road at high speed and crashed into our house right through the wall of the lounge. A truly terrifying experience. He was insured, the police think he was unconcious due to diabetes blood sugar issues and this is what caused the accident. We can claim for our damaged items through our contents insurance. My question is should we claim for our other losses through our landlords building insurance. They have offered to pay to rehouse us whilst the building is being made liveable in again or would it be in our better interests to go to an independant insurance assessor as there are more costs involved than just rehousing us? If so how do we know who to use? Has anyone used a company that they could recommend ?
  • Create New...