Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About apc01

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I will certainly keep this thread updated. Really appreciate this forum - thanks to all involved.
  2. I sent the CCA to Cabot. Wont bother notifying Mortimer Clark in view of the new 30 day situation, will see if Cabot respond. Thanks again.
  3. Thanks Andy, I will. Can they argue that as their letter was dated 20 September - although obviously posted yesterday - no postmark with date - that the 14 days expires tomorrow? I could send an email to them?
  4. Thanks I will. Should I copy it to Mortimer Clarke?
  5. Thanks Andy. The letter was dated 20 September but received yesterday. What should I do about the CCA request.
  6. I have received documentation from Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf or Cabot relating to an old Halifax credit card. They are giving me 14 days to contact them before threatening to take court action. Would the appropriate course of action be to send a CCA request to Cabot with a copy to Mortimer Clarke? Also, does sending a CCA to Cabot constitute a communication that would reset the statute barred date? Thanks very much.
  7. The court has accepted the N245 forms and sent copies to the claimant to accept or request a variation hearing. Question: Am I correct in assuming that the claimant cannot instigate any enforcement action against us pending the outcome of the N245 filings, hearings etc? Thanks.
  8. He lives at home so his food and accommodation is taken care of.
  9. Re-submitted the N245 forms and because my son has zero income, he made an offer of zero per month as suggested earlier in the thread. The court returned the form stating he MUST make an offer to pay otherwise he will be liable for the whole amount - which is ludicrous. So does he make a nominal offer of £1 per month?
  10. I Will - thanks again DX.
  11. Thanks DX. I assume this has been on my CRA file for years - I have never checked. I have about 8 CC related debts altogether. Usually I do treat them all the same and as mentioned, never been anywhere close yet to being collected on in 10 years Will just continue to ignore them.
  12. 1st Credit recently bought an £12K M & S loan I took out about 9 years ago, and have not paid anything towards for what I believe is at least 6 years and could well be Statute Barred. I have received numerous phone calls from them - none of which I have answered - I have caller display and never answer calls from any number that could be a DCA. Also received a series of increasingly threatening boilerplate letters which I have filed in the waste bin. I have a lot of experience with DCA's with several CC debts going back 10 years - never been collected on ye
  13. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the court returned our N245's stating they could not be processed as "the judgement had not yet been set down in court" whatever that means. Also we have not received any notification by post.
  14. It seems that way unfortunately. Thank you both for all your help. I am still waiting the notification of the judgement in the post. I am assuming our 14 days to pay or submit N245's begins from the date the official judgement entry and not when it was handed down 2 weeks ago, otherwise the claimant could try to enforce it and we cannot submit N245's to vary and stop it until it is entered and made official.
  15. Thanks - I am sure you are correct. Makes no sense though in that if there is just one judgement and one of the defendants applied to vary, it would surely apply to the whole judgement unless they divided it in to two. Does the same apply for an N245 suspension of warrant if there are two defendants? Surely if one defendant applied to suspend a warrant it would be suspended for both unless it can only be suspended for one defendant and executed on the other.
  • Create New...