Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About LastViking

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks for this thread, it has been interesting reading and I agree with you that other people should resist these unprincipled and un-contracted additional charges. LV
  2. I have to reply to Restons letter soon. However I checked my credit references with Experion and Equifax today. None of my old debts are recorded on either report as owed. Is that significant? I am wondering if I should make this court action go away by making an F & F offer to Cabot. I can't pay off everyone, but no one else is chasing yet. if I settle with Cabot, maybe no one else will bother. If I make a F & F Offer will there then be an entry on the credit report? I am really struggling to know which way to go. LV
  3. Sorry to be a pain but I need to react to Restons/Cabot I was thinking that as neither has produced either the original signed agreement or a copy of the assignment of the debt from CITI to Cabot that they must be on thin grounds. How do I push them to accept that they have no case? Does the fact that I was writing to Cabot in 2006 disputing their involvement and the amount owed make the position for me better or worse? LV
  4. I have now received a letter from Reston which I have attached. They also sent copies of letters from Marlin dated 14 June 2014 and a contact letter from Cabot dated 7th June 2014 but nothing in the way of evidence of the legal assignment of the debt from Citifinancial to Cabot which appears to suggest that they don't have anything. When I was first contacted by Cabot I wrote denying any right that they had to the debt without proof which they never provided. I also have the copy letters disputing charges made to the account after the 'claimed' transfer to Cabot and be
  5. Thanks Dx Yes, neither agreement is signed or dated by me or CITI, except for the a reference at the top which implies one was in 01.01.2001 and the second 01.05.2006. Does this mean that they have failed to comply with the CCA request and should I do anything further at this stage? LV
  6. I have now received a response from Cabot to my CCA letter but all they have sent are copies of reconstituted CITI Consumer Credit Act agreements, together with a statement of amounts paid according to their records. No signed forms of any sort or proof of the transfer of the debt to them. Do I need to do anything now or wait for the court?
  7. Well I have to go now so I will submit the Defence as it stands and hope for the best.
  8. Just a further thought, should I include in my defence that I dispute the amount shown as owed to Citifinancial in any event. There was correspondence in 2007 regarding this but they never adjusted the account for the disputed amounts. It was only £ 250 though so maybe not worth mentioning???
  9. OK this is now my attempt at a Defence. Please comment/amend as needed. In the Northampton County Court Business Centre Claim Number Between: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - Claimant and xxx – Defendant Defence 1. I, xxxx, am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my Defence to the claim made by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. 2. The Claimant's Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Claimant fail to disclose any cause of action, they appear to be an abuse of the pro
  10. Hi Flembo45 , I am in the same position, trying to decide what it is the appropriate defence when they haven't supplied anything.
  11. I sent the CCA request by Recorded delivery to Cabot on 1st August. They received it on 4th August. I believe therefore I should have received a response by today 21st August but nothing has been received. Restons responded to my request under CPR31.14 on 18th August but provided no documents arguing that Paragraph 5.2A of Practice Direction 7E means that they do not need to provide documents and that the POC are sufficient information. Reading through the forum it appears that I have no way of filing a complete defence and I wondered therefore if I should file
  12. I have just logged into the money claim site and it shows the message on the claim. 'A bar has been put in place on this claim. You cannot respond to the claim at this time' I need to file the defence today so can someone explain what this means and how I can file the defence? I am getting very worried now.
  • Create New...