Jump to content

JonCorzine

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    22
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About JonCorzine

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Had to look up "inertia selling", isn't that exactly what the BBC does? link
  2. Complaint upheld :: Financial Ombudsman Services I decided to lodge a complaint with the financial ombudsmen a few months ago and this week they honoured my complaint; please note, every complaint raised costs Erudio £550 plus any remuneration for stress and duress. Summary of my case I refused to use their deferment form and sent off the old SLC form. Erudio started to lie saying they couldn't read my bank statements and I needed to use their DAF form. They refused to defer and made up spurious arrears for the sum of ~£1k because of non-deferment. FOS letter
  3. Received another letter today saying I owe ~£1,000 in arrears and it needs to be paid back in 7 days; they ask me to phone and set up a DD of ~£100 per month. Letter states it's "a serious matter and non-payment may affect your ability to obtain credit both now and in the future, as info may be registered with credit reference agencies regarding the conduct of your account".
  4. What if I phone them and explain that I delayed sending the first DAF form because it was too intrusive and ask them to wipe my arrears and then I'll sign the new DAF form? I'm wary of doing it now because as soon as I sign the new form with DD details, they'll take the arrears of ~£1k from my account, even though the delay was only approx 6 weeks. It seems they've come up with an arrears amount to pay off the debt they bought with a small profit and then they'll happily defer it.
  5. Latest reply below. They are now claiming they can remove any right to defer and age limitation expiration. Funnily enough, they claim they may pass it onto an 'external DCA', is that Geoff in the cubicle next to Erudio's Susan handling current claims? Why would a DCA pass the debt onto another DCA @ 10p in the pound? I've sent my original SLC form & three months of bank statements, yet they are ignoring this and have put account in arrears for ~£1,000 saying I need to pay.
  6. Thanks for the update Pluthero. Here's my reply after they sent me Section 11 info from post #6 to justify their DAFt form:
  7. That's why I don't want to fill their DAF form, I don't trust them with my bank details, too many stories of them taking monies from accounts even if you're eligible for deferment. I look forward to your further info, thanks in advance.
  8. I've been battling Erudio for almost a year by only sending them my old SLC forms and three months of bank statements; this was always good enough for SLC who deferred expeditiously, however Erudio seem intent on getting people to sign their new DAF forms. Here's my enquiry: and Their response: Any opinion on the legality of this request/demand?
  9. Here's an email i sent regarding arrears - it's at the end of OP. Edit: Decided to remove email, will re-post once I get a reply.
  10. Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, but why do you have to 'use their form'? Your contractual obligation is with SLC, so as long as you adhere to the original T&C's, they can't impose their own regs, that was one the stipulations for the debt transference.
  11. Yep, it's a numbers game. They buy debt for 10p in the pound and then hope to break-even by inveigling the unaware. If they manage to coerce just 10% into their payment system, they can break-even and continue their harassment towards the other 90% ad infinitum at no cost. It's quite an acerbic biz model; imagine what it will be like when the next generation of £10k p/a loans start defaulting and people with geography degrees end up working in poundland en masse, whilst the parliamentary legislators all got their oxbridge education for free; the irony is palpable.
  12. Introduction I'd like to document the correspondence of my dealings with Erudio, aka Arrow Global / CarVal Investors in the hope it will help others; my student loans are from 92-95. Mission Objective To get written confirmation of deferment, as has been the case since loans were originated via SLC. Salvo #1 First contact was a big wad of paperwork as documented in other threads, asking for bank details, eye colour, inside leg measurement et al....and a signature! I ignored this first contact. They phoned and I requested a
  13. 'They' classify them as supply agreements to negate the umbrella of credit agreement status, 'they' conspired to create their own bill of conduct. Either way, if someone, whovever they are, demands money, you have every right to demand a full statement of account from day dot, detailing every penny of debt. DCA's won't have that info, so they'd prefer to chase the easy prey.
×
×
  • Create New...