Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About gibster1957

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I did say to the mediator that i didnt have all the paperwork however the mediator stated that they only had to prove that i had the debt!.
  2. Hi all, Back in July last year i decided to go to mediation after taking advice from this forum and taking the risk of getting a cjj on my now very good credit score. The date and time were set up and the phonecall duly came from the mediator. The mediator asked if i knew about the debt which i acknowledged and set out my position that all the paperwork wasnt forthcoming from the debt recovery company ie the default notice. The mediator said to me that they only needed to prove i had the debt to enforce it and that she would now speak to the company to see wha
  3. Thanks dx, much appreciated, will get it off to them.
  4. Hi Guys, Today I have received the N180 from the court plus a EX730 mediation form. I now have to decide which way I want to go with this. My gut feeling is that they don't have the full cca and default notice however I don't want a ccj on the chance that I lose. Lowells have agreed to mediation I would like to know ( if someone has been through this) what questions you are asked by the mediator . It also states on the N149A ( Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claimes Track) that I have to serve a copies of the N180 to all other parties so
  5. Ah ok, thanks Andy. As of yet i have heard nothing from the court since i received the N180 from lowells.
  6. Thanks for that dx/Andy, so to get this going do i write to Lowells offering a Tomlin order ( minus the interest that was added during the period the account was live) and a sum that is affordable to me. Thanks
  7. They aren't knocking anything off dx, its just the directions questionnaire agreeing to the small claims mediation service.
  8. I take your point Andy, they are not offering anything really. So as im reading this my options are to wait for the N180 to arrive from the court and agree to mediation OR to write to lowells offering a payment plan. Looking at the paperwork they sent me regarding transactions, there is over £ 1000 in interest.
  9. Hi all, After receiving notification from the court that my defence has been acknowledged, I have just received a letter from lowells offering settlement/ mediation. Would they do this if they were sure that they had a cast iron case?. If I just ignore this, is the next step just to wait to hear from the court, or should I contact them to offer a token payment and stop this going any further. As my credit is very good now and I do believe they don't have all the documentation ie original cca/ original default notice, I really don't want a ccj if it went against me. Thanks guys.
  10. Submitting defence this week, would appreciate any comments/ alterations before i do (Andyorch). Many Thanks
  11. Ok, thanks dx. When would be the best time to file it?
  12. Thank you dx, will replace with Hbos. Will get on mcol this week to submit.
  13. 1) The Defendant entered into an agreement for a Halifax (credit card) account under ref ******* ( the agreement) 2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service was terminated. 3) The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on **/**/2018 by and notice given to the defendant. 4) Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £3283 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims a) The said sum of £3283 b) Costs Hi Guys, the following is the defence i intend to submit. I would be grateful of any suggestions comments
  14. Many Thanks dx. I will get the defence put together.
  • Create New...