Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Stressedandfedup

  1. Thanks.


    I can't find him in the Gazette but he is lost of the register and the following is the details of the office involved.:


    Insolvency Service Contact Details

    Insolvency Service Office Cambridge & Ipswich

    Contact Enquiry Desk

    Address PO Box 16653


    United Kingdom

    Post Code B2 2NG - Click Post Code for Map of Office

    (The Insolvency Service is not responsible for the content of external sites.)

    Telephone 01223 324480



    Is this what you meant by OR?

  2. Hi

    I'm posting this for a relative.

    Short version:

    Roofer didn't finish/even half complete job, cost my relative extra as negligence meant roof leaked and a ceiling had to be repaired as well as roof by another roofer. And put them in danger by taking the gas flue pipe thing. And one or two other things that cost more to fix.


    Court awarded in my relative's favour.


    Roofer refused to pay. CEO been to an address but 'nothing to seize'. (He's moved any assets to a storage unit).


    He has very recently gone bankrupt (personal) and has told my relative he'll pay but only what he deems the fair amount (approx £800, while the court ordered £3000-odd).


    There is already a new court date to return, and relative believes the court will order him to pay so much/month. Can anyone confirm this?


    He says it's £800 or nothing as he'll have the CCJ wiped off at the end of the bankruptcy year. Is this true?


    What happens now? Is there anything the courts/my relative do to get the money he owes?


    Thanks in advance.

  3. Hi.

    Over a year ago I upgraded my orange contract over to EE.

    I expected a crossover bill to happen and I paid off the old orange account over the phone and I was told the account was closed.


    I then still got an orange bill for non-DD charge +VAT. Only about £2-£3 so I ignored it thinking it was just a computer error. I had this happen again for a bit and it was adding the non-DD charge +VAT.


    I called orange and they apologised and said the account hadn't been closed properly and the bills were automatic. They assured me that the account had been stopped and zeroed.


    The bills carried on, starting from £2-£3 again. After another 2 months I called again and told them the bills and having to deal with them was very upsetting as I suffer with depression and severe anxiety and I had been assured twice that I would not have anymore.


    I've had many more since and the current balance £21.72, as stated on a 'your service will be disconnected' notice, dated 27/08/15.


    Advice I would like:

    1) who should I write to to end this once and for all? And what should I write?

    2) can I claim compensation for the inconvenience and hassle?

    3) can I charge Orange for processing each letter?


    I'm fed up of unacceptable behaviour from these types of companies and they just say 'sorry, computer bad'.


    Thanks in advance.


  4. Hi guys.

    I'm hoping someone has some solutions.

    I'm posting on behalf of a friend, D.


    They have run up a debt of £2k and they have now shut off their supply this morning.


    D has had a rough year and suffers from various illnesses including mental health illnesses.

    D has had a lot of difficulty even opening their bills let alone sorting them so I have now stepped in to try and sort the situation.


    I spoke to the account manager at Flogas and, although a payment arrangement was initially agreed to,

    they said they would not reconnect unless the debt in full plus £240 reconnection fee.


    D has no way to raise this kind of money and only received benefits.

    They have 4 children and the gas is for central heating and hot water.

    D is not handling the desperation of this situation.

    D cannot change providers as they have an 'estate supply' tank so unless all the properties that use it agree, D can't.


    Is there anything D (or me on their behalf) do to get her supply back?

    Or any other suggestions?


    Thanks -safu

  5. If he owes arrears it's most likely the case will be sent to court to obtain a liability order. Once that is done they may refer case to bailiffs. If you get a letter asking for info, put as much info as you are sure of. For example, if you know he has inheritance coming to him; or if he has a tv that's worth something etc etc.

    The CSA may convince him to make payments to clear the debt.

    When the day the case will be closed, they mean for ongoing liability for regular maintenance. It will still remain open for arrears collection.

    If your children are still qualifying, you will be able to open a new claim with the new child maintenance service. That's the one where it charges.

    There maybe a rule somewhere that says you can challenge to decision to close your current case but I am unaware of it.

  6. Hi. I have an update on this issue.

    CPA cancellation has been enforced so no more debits are being taken. My friend has managed to get a fresh bank account and card.

    However, today she received a letter from Minicredit that is very upsetting. I will type it below:


    Dear ##

    Microcredit ltd (trading name Minicredit.co.uk) has received a chargeback regarding the payments debited from your debit card. We would like to remind you that by signing the loan agreement you have authorised microcredit ltd to debit payments from your bank account using the debit card details registered with us.


    It is considered FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR TO MAKE A CHARGEBACK when you have registered and RECEIVED THE SERVICE regarding which the payment has been taken.


    You have broken the loan agreement and your account will be forwarded to our debt collection partner. They will contact you in due course.


    We also report your illegitimate actions to relevant national register what may severely reduce your ability to receive credit or other services in the future. We advise you to immediately contact your bank and WITHDRAW THE CHARGEBACK to avoid further escalation of the matter.


    Kind regards





    Is any of what Minicredit is threatening within the law? (Debt collection obviously are).

    My friend is planning on going to CAB for advice for all her debts but I wanted to know we she'd stand and what she (or I on her behalf) can do about this.

  7. I'm posting on behalf of a friend.

    She took a payday loan out with Minicredit in February this year for £100. She received £80 after having £20 deducted for a draw-down fee.

    She was due to pay the total loan +interest of £130 mid march but due to unforeseen circumstances, there was not enough funds in her bank for the d-card transaction to take place.

    She thought about extending the time on the loan online but they wanted £50 just to look at it.

    Minicredit then attempted to take money from her bank on a few occasions without success but they added charges onto the loan.

    Because my friend is on a low income, is a single parent with 4 children, she was worried they'd try to take the full amount of debt (on a continuous payment authority) so she asked her bank for advice. They said there was no point cancelling her d-card as they will be able to take funds straight from the bank account (is this true??).

    Since then Mini credit has taken £50 about 2 weeks ago and then 3 amounts totalling £150 in the early hours of 25th April. This meant she was unable to buy her groceries for the family and is now very stressed over this situation. (She sufferes with anxiety/depression/other conditions which has been made worse because of the stress).

    Her bank has now confirmed that they have cancelled the continuous payment and said they'd refund any payments that Minicredit may take in the future.

    My questions are:

    1) is there anything else she can do to make sure Minicredit can't take anymore funds?

    2) what can she do about the excessive charges?

    3) should she be able to get some funds back from Minicredit?

  8. I am in receipt of DLA for the same reasons. My local CAB helped me with the income/expenditure form and basically made sure there was no excess.

    If you feel you can get to your cab then make an appointment or see if they'll help over the phone. If you have a HM worker, ask them to help you to do the forms. CAB can 'authorise' the DRO application.

  9. The nan can have both parents paying for the child. Doesn't make any difference to either parent what the other is paying. How can the nan be getting 'too much'? Both parents contributing sounds fair and right to me. The nan may have come to a private arrangement with the mum which is fine. Nan May not be confident in your commitment to regular payments and regular amounts.

    Indeed she may reconsider if you clear your debt and ensure you make your CSA payments on time all the time. When the charging starts she may be happy that you will keep making the payments directly to her.

    You can get a template agreement form from 'Child Maintenance Options' site if you both want to make it more official.

    Hope this helps.

  10. Firstly- check to make sure your bank had paid the money and get exact date and any ref No's. And inform the CSA if it still isn't showing as they can fish the funds from the big money pot. Probably they have put an incorrect digit on the transaction (should use your NINo). Please note that sometimes the banks take a while to appear on your case.


    Secondly the PWC cannot demand a DEO (decuction of earnings order) as it is the decision of the CSA. Although a PWC can nag.

    Thirdly the csa's accepted methods of payment are DD or DEO. You can ask them for a DEO yourself if you find it more convenient.

    Set up a DD. They can't moan at you then. Also you are protected by the DD guarantee.

  11. "Ive signed it as i split from my missus as she cheated on me. I love my kids, but i am being penalised for her actions. Where blame is on the femael party for a breakdown of a relationship, there should be a % reduction.............."


    So would that mean when it's the male's fault there should be an extra % added? Maybe males make it too difficult for females to stay with them. Please grow up.


    Csa is not being scrapped, only changed. I'm against parents (both of them) having to pay for a service that's already paid by us taxpayers. I for one couldn't afford to pay them to get money from my ex but I would need the CSA to do so as he'd never keep to a private arrangement. (£5/w btw)(better than nothing).


    The CSA was so much better under labour. It had great plans for its future application and education projects.


    The formula the OP is on was created to make calculations simpler for people. It was based on the data of 'old formula' cases therefore making it technically consider housing costs etc but without having to need proof of rent/mortgage etc. only income and number of children.

  12. Call/write to CSA and tell them if he alone owns his house (but if jointly they can't do much). (They can check the Land Registry for ownership). Even if he is on benefits they should still be pursuing his debt. Find out what kind of team the case is held with and insist that they pursue the debt.

    For debt enforcement to be able to use bailiffs/charging order on house, they will have to get a liability order from the mags court. They can only get one if the debt was accrued after 12th(?)July 2000 due to a non-consumer barred statute.

    If they are not able to do this they should still keep contacting him for payment. There is also a way for them to apply to his bank to take money as long as it's not a joint account.

    Hope this helps.

  • Create New...