Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About wezc4

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi steampowered, I do not recall agreeing to the agreement (holding the funds until property split agreed) and I'm still waiting for an update. Either way though it sounds like it's in place and this is this situation I'm in. Here's are some extracts from the solicitors TOB letter (I've taken out relevant names): It was good to speak with you a few days ago by telephone and may I take this opportunity to thank you for instructing XXX to advise and assist you in relation to this matter. In order to formalise the basis upon which you instruct this firm I write to provide
  2. Hi steampowered, Thank you, you are clearly very knowledgeable on this matter. I am trying to clarify this' agreement' with the solicitor as we speak, I don't yet understand the reasoning behind it... was it in my interests and to protect me? Or to ensure the solicitors would be guaranteed more work further down the line... I am trying to agree the 50/50 and have stated this several time with the ex-partner. Does he have any grounds at all, on any basis, to raise a claim or the Part-8 against me?
  3. Hi Steampowered, thanks for your post. He is not named on the mortgage or anything else. At the beginning we both invested the same amount of money to buy the property and furnish it and it was agreed we would split the property 50/50. I wanted us to put a declaration of trust in place but he didn't see this as necessary. All there is therefore are various emails about the property and what we both put in and that we said we'd split it at the end. Nothing is in writing or signed though. Here's the email I got back yesterday from the solicitors: "The money cannot be r
  4. Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it - I have emailed the solicitor and said exactly that. Will update when I get a response
  5. I keep asking them this on email and I keep getting the same response - the proceeds are being held on account until the split is agreed. (I believe this is in relation to a previous legal matter, which went to court, although he didn't turn up, where he wanted access to records / accounts relating to the property). I will go back and ask again. I can never get the solicitor on the phone and so have to send emails and worry that each email is going to cost £30 odd quid. Can they charge before your have officially signed the terms and 'instructed' them?
  6. Yes, completely - he has a history of doing this type of thing
  7. Hi King1234 and Old Cogger, Thanks for your posts, agreed, a settlement clause is a must. I think both my ex and I are in agreement that we wish to avoid solicitors and extra costs. At the moment I'm saying 50/50 and he's saying he wants 100% so we're in quite different positions..
  8. Hi all, I bought a property with an ex partner many years ago. I managed the property for the first few years before handing it over to a managing agent. The property was in my name as he was out of the country as the time of signing the mortgage. No declaration of trust was put in place but it was always agreed to split it 50/50 and there is an email showing this (and that intent). The property was sold 2.5 years ago and following a previous legal matter, where the ex wanted access to the property's accounts, my solicitor at the time, who sold the property, agreed to hold
  9. Hi everyone, Just to give you all an update, I had a final offer to pay a goodwill payment of £200 a couple of months back. They they wanted £150 interest if I agreed! I have ignored their messages and have not heard back... A big thank you to everyone for your input!
  10. Thank you for all the replies. The deposit was put down by me and my immediate family. Currently she is still living in the house while paying bills only.
  11. Hi, I am currently splitting up from my partner who I have a child with and we are not married. I personally have a mortgage on the property which we are living in and it is in my name. While living in the property for the last 5 years I paid the mortgage and my other half paid the bills such as electric, gas etc. My partner also has a property of their own which I have no interest in. Currently we are trying to work out how to move forwards, she is telling me I should sell the house as she wants 50% of the sale of the property. Where do I stand here? How long can she live
  12. Hi guys, So we have gone back and forth a bit, me requesting a breakdown and them just sending screenshots of the booking system. I have just received this email. DEAR ALL In the next 5 days there is going to be a major audit. If there appears to be any non payment issue whether bookings made without payment or cancelations without notification these bookings will be all charged at £50 per hour. To avoid these high costs please check your bookings to make sure you are up to date and won't incur these extra costs. Thank you in advance for your time. What would yo
  13. They are set up as a company, I believe they went limited a few years back to be above board with the tax man but I'm not sure of the status of the house. The owner and his colleague often sleep in part of the building.
  14. The business was set up by the owner of the property. They then converted the rooms within their house to be used for therapy. The issue is with the booking system, it allows users to book rooms without paying immediately, allows users to mark them as 'paid' and allows you to re-arrange. These are all things they are trying to impose fines for.
  • Create New...