Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


alistair.long last won the day on February 18 2011

alistair.long had the most liked content!


  1. Its good to see you are going to the estate agent. If the landlord is saving costs you need to let the agent know. There are cases I have sat in were the landlord has not fixed a house and the tenant has then refused to pay the rent, this was accepted in a few cases as the repairs were needed, e.g boiler, central heating lights. There has been 1 case I have seen were the tenant has got a estimate and then refused to pay the rent, and got the work done with the builder. I donot want you to do this as I was suprised to see the person get paid. I rent myself and I have had problems, I called a builder to have a look and then another. I got 2 guotes and sometimes 3 and then got the landlord to repair it or I pay and then payless with the consent of the landlord. e.g. broken window, washing machine(ordered a new 1 from the shop with warranty), garden door (got 2 low estimates and then fixed it myself with a secondhand reinforced door). I do know some landlords are stingy but you do need to let them know that they need to do the repairs. If he is not doing the job properly then you need to let the agent know and ask for a discount in rent if its causing you problems. The simple reason for a discount is that it is not as described.
  2. If you havent done so already you need to let tesco know which solicitor is dealing with it for you so that they can forward any docs.
  3. If this problem has not been sorted contact the Financial Services Authority, Or the Ombudsman. They can't make it 0 if you miss a payment as you havent made a claim. You need to call that company and get the no claims bonus for the year before (missing a payment means you cannot get a full year) and if they cannot do that then you need to make a complaint.
  4. As its a CAT B then you cannot drive the car as it must be bent. £1200 is what they will pay you. and they usually give you the car back. if £1200 is not a price you are happy with then you should check on autotrader and send them to your solicitors. I didnt know insurance companies worry about aftermarket spoilers. normally what they do is make you pay the extra for it or tell you to remove it. If I was you I would remove the spoiler and contact your insurance company. Sometimes insurance companies cancel your insurance because they think your going to claim from them, (e.g ecar, read the reviews)
  5. Dito with the unclebulgaria67. You should have some bonus left phone the company and find out. It is your fault so you cant realy argue. If there is fraud happening and you have evidence. e.g you took photo's and there was only 1 person there but they are claiming 4 then you can forward this to the fraud squad. I assume theyve alrady got paid the 30k so you cannot realy do anything, as once its closed it closed.
  6. Have you had a claim this year? If you have had a accident it would make sence that they want you to pay the remainder. and then starting you up with a new policy that does not consider the points or accident. If not then it makes no sense and you need to know why there is a £750 charge (maybe credit agreement penalty which can be carried on) If you cannot get anywere then you need to speek to the underwriters. Budget ellephant and ecar are a headache.
  7. If I was you I would write a letter to the employer and state that you want to know the discilinary proceedure used, date of disciplinary and reason why it was gross misconduct. The procedure needs to be followed if it was in place, otherwise why have them. 1 big rule - A INDEPENDANT PERSON MUST BE PRESENT TO DETERMINE THAT YOUR DESCIPLINARY WAS JUSTIFIABLE. As you can be hated for a unknown reason and be part of a conspiracy and removed by fellow employees.
  8. Hi you have mensioned a estate agent, as you are contracted by the agent you should let the agent know. it is then his problem to sort it out for you. You can help him out with giving him some info on what will help. It seems that the landlord is trying to help you but its just not working. Maybe get a builder to give you a quote and ideas on what he/she will do, most builders wont charge for a quote, then you can refer the builder or ideas to the landlord who will have a guide. When you are wasting time, and your property is getting damged then the agent may give you a discount.
  9. Hi, Did you have no bonus and then had a policy for less then 1 year? if so then you will not be intitled to a years bonus. or did you have 1 year or more bonus and got a policy and then canceled half way, if so you can contact your previous insurance and request a second copy for your new insurance. Because you cancelled half way they can not give you 1 years bonus, its against the rules.
  10. Hi This info will help. If you share some info I request it will help me in your best methods to go about it. Firstly you say you had an accident, the AA should have done some kind of report when they pickup up the other persons car. Also your pics will help with the senario. In accidents you are to mitigate your loss so if your car is in a garage and incuring storage you will have to remove that asap. make sure your car is not sold or destroyed untill after a independant engineer has had a look at it. (personally I would pay £60 for a independant engineer to have a look at it, you need to notify the third party about the engineer you are going to use, min 7 days). How much is your car repairs worth? If your repairs are less then £5000 then you can issue a claim in the county court and if you loose you pay only £80 to other side +court costs, make sure its small claims and NOT fast track. You will need advise but a Solicitor is not worth it if your repairs are less then £5k. What you are intitled to Cash in loo of repairs (repair costs) Cash in loo of hire- as you never hired a car. and maybe interest depending on judges discretion. Some rent and storage- you need to inform the third party of what you are doing (never talk to them as you will regret it, best to write a letter recorded delivery). loss of earnings if you missed any days as a result of the accident. anything else that may be related to the accident. People on this forum will help.
  11. If you have a Solicitor with no win no free then the Solicitor will make it that you dont pay. If you loose at court your Solicitor should have bought a insurance policy for you, so the third party gets paid. If you win the Solicitor does take some money from you, but if it goes court, then takes it off the defendant(third party). If you have a Solicitor and send them on a wild goose chase (your fault and your lieing) they will send you bills to pay. They dont bother chasing you realy but can if they want to. Thats basicaly the CFA agreement
  • Create New...