Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Site Team
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


stu007 last won the day on October 16 2019

stu007 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,512 Excellent

About stu007

  • Rank
    Site Team

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Type into your search engine '1.0 EcoBoost Ford Focus 2013 recalls' and see what pops up. from what I seen their was a recall on certain models 1.0-litre petrol engine vehicles that there was a risk of the coolant hose failing at high temperatures on cars built between October 2011 and October 2013. To check if your vehicle was one of those on the recall look at this link: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do Check the above link to see if your vehicle was on a recall for the coolant pipe issue. Also have a good look at the service history documentation that you were provided to see if any mention of this and whether the work was carried out if it was on the recall. Please be patient I am sure other will be along to offer there wisdom
  2. Hi Thanks for the update and your kind comments. With the social housing side don't just wait have a look at what different housing associations, council housing etc are in your area and get an application form from each one and fill it in and send it back to them this way you are at least on their housing list until you get the further information you are waiting on to provide to them to get you further up their waiting lists. Remember if you move after applying to them and you are on their waiting list to notify them of a change of address.
  3. Hi You mention you got a cavity installer out to to redo the walls and they stated they couldn't do it as you already had the cavity insulation. Do you have a written report from this company that states there is cavity installation? Then you contacted the EPC Assessor directly and they stated an error had been made as none had been done. I assume you have a copy of the original EPC so I would (if you are in England or Wales) have a look at this link and enter certificate reference number to see if this EPC Assessor has actually amemded it to state none: https://www.epcregister.com/searchReport.html I can understand your furstration but IMO with the EPC if you have a copy of the original and the Assessor has stated the error and they will amend the certificate IMO I would wait till the Assessor has amended/updated the EPC error (gives you more evidence of Maladministration by this Assessor) Which Company was the Assessor employed by? Ofgem link: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/key-term-explained/energy-performance-certificate-epc This link may help explain an EPC a bit better: https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/home-energy-efficiency/energy-performance-certificates Do you know when the bungalow was actually built/how old it is? When you were purchasing the property did you get employ your own surveyor to get a report on the property at all? Their is going to be no fast resolution to this sadly but you need to gather evidence to be able to challenge the Estate Agent/Previous Property Owner.
  4. Hi Further to dx100uk post above I would also suggest sending the Property Management Company a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking them for 'ALL DATA' this covers whatever format they hold that data in whether it be written, emails, telephone calls, digital etc, they then have 30 Calendar days to respond on acknowledging receipt of your SAR Request and no issue with them verifying your identity. Under the Data Protection Act 2018 which includes the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) a Subject Access Request (SAR) is now free.
  5. Hi You have not stated if they have given the leaseholder notice that they wish to inspect the property. IMO as long as they are qualified and hold the relevant qualifications checked beforehand they can supply a report but what they cannot do is state that it is breaches of the leasehold agreement as that is for the freeholder to deal with who should be fully aware how to approach an issue like this and what insurance do they have in place for this and does it have legal cover (for advice)
  6. Latest News Article on this Company READ MORE HERE: https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18239711.customers-hit-items-storage-caledonian-moving-storage-go-missing/
  7. The Trade Centre Group PLC Euro Centre Neath Abbey Business Park Neath Abbey SA10 7DR Company Number: 04921555 Directors: Mark Thomas Raymond Bailey, Nathan Mark Bailey, Timothy James Carr, Andrew Paul Coulthurst, Stephen Richards, Mark David Sainsbury, Andrew Charles Wildy Previous Names: The Trade Centre Group Limited, The Trade Centre Wales Ltd, TCW (2003) Limited Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04921555 Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04921555-the-trade-centre-group-plc Bizdb link: https://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/the-trade-centre-wales-ltd-04921555/ FCA Registration Number: 689365 https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000nynPWAAY Note: Directors: Mark Thomas Raymond Bailey, Timothy James Carr, Stephen Richards, Andrew Charles Wildy, Andrew Paul Coulthurst are linked in to: Bailey Family Investments Plc Company Number: 04313694 Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04313694 Endole Link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04313694-bailey-family-investments-plc Car Finance Limited Company Number: 05128743 Company House Link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05128743 Endole Link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/05128743-car-finance-limited Can Can Car Finance Limited Company Number: 08175834 Company House Link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08175834 Endole Link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/08175834-can-can-car-finance-limited (Note: the address for all those linked is Euro Centre)
  8. Hi That is good news that you now have the deposit back and well do to you for preserving with this and hte help provided you are more than welcome. Remember to have a wee look through our CAG Private Renting area have a good read especially post#4 & 5 with the PDFs that will be of help in future: Again well done and your update is appreciated as it may help others
  9. H Why is this only being raised after they moved out 2 years ago? What type of Tenancy Agreement did they have? Could you clarify that it was a deposit and not a holding deposit? Do they have the copy of the prescribed terms of the tenancy deposit scheme the deposit is protected in? Have they contacted the Tenancy Deposit Scheme to request return of their Deposit? Do they have it in writing that the letting agent is refusing to refund the deposit and the reason being they need landlords consent? Again it would be better if that individual came on here to give us this information rather than a third party
  10. Hi You should be fully aware as it has been mentioned before on your other threads that it would be better for the individuals you are trying to assist would be better to come on here themselves and tells us what it happening rather than you a third party as your first post gives little information for us to go on to assist. What does the Lease Agreement say about repairs? Are there any Covenants in the Agreement about Repairs? What Right of Access for Inspection is in the Agreement? (have they given any notice to the leaseholder that they wish to inspect the property) When you say dilapidation/Repairs how are they aware of this and exactly what? What is the surveyor need for external/internal or both and reason why? https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-guide/understanding-lease/ https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-guide/section-20-consultation-private-landlords-resident-management-companies-agents/
  11. Hi Who is the Property Management Company? Are there any Clauses in your Leasehold Agreement for the property Management Companies claim in your point 9)? Do you have the details of the Freeholder or have they given you that information? Do you have it in writing from the Property Management Company that they own this refund and how they will refund it? I would recommend sending the Property Management Company a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA' this covers whatever format they may hold that data in whether it be written, email, recorded phone calls, digital etc, they then have 30 Calendar days to respond on acknowledging your SAR Request if there are no issues verify your identity. (note a SAR if now free under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) which includes the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR))
  12. Biometrics Commissioner on the police use of live facial recognition READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/biometrics-commissioner-on-the-police-use-of-live-facial-recognition
  13. Coronavirus: Health Secretary's statement to Parliament READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/coronavirus-health-secretarys-statement-to-parliament
  14. Hi I am so sorry to her of your daughters health and do hope she is improving. The difficulty is proving that her present medical condition was impacted/caused by the chemicals used in the salon and whether the Medical Professionals she is under would be willing to put something in writing to the fact (which I doubt they will) I see you have contacted the Council it is also how they approach this now. (have they been out yet or made contact with you?)
  15. Hi That is good news that your are getting your deposit back but wait till you have actually got it back just to be sure. For future with an Landlord/Letting Agency when you move into a property it is always advisable to take photographs of every little thing not just the obvious damage/faults and the exact same when you move out. As for the Deposit this should have been protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme and you should have been given a copy of the prescribed terms of that scheme by the Landlord/Letting Agent. Yes the Landlord/Letting Agent on move out will claim via the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for damage but you should also have contacted that specific scheme yourself requesting your deposit back/complaining to them/refuting the Landlord/Letting Agents as well as complaining to them only. .
  • Create New...