This is my letter
Dear Mr jones,*
Please accept this communication as my formal appeal. Please see the points below with reference to my appeal.
I note the content of your letter dated 23/12/16.
I dispute your CEO's statement for the following reasons:
1. I do not smoke
2. Nobody apart from me drives my car
3. The ceo claims of having had clear and unobstructed view when in fact I gather from his picture that it was raining and his wipers were not operating thus impairing his view. If he had paid the same level of detail and attention when writing the ticket, see point below
4. You have offered no evidence of this alleged offence apart from your CEO's statement and a picture of my car bearing no date and/or time.
5. Your fpn shows the date of issue as 22 october/2016, and the offence date as 22 December /2016. I fail to understand how your ceo predicted in October that two months later I would have committed an offence and he would have been driving behind me.
6. When it rains I keep my windows shut so I don't get wet, therefore I couldn't have thrown anything out of my window.
7. The ceo at no point attempted to gain my attention. Being stationary in traffic he could have approached me, flash his headlights or do anything else to stop me and obtain my details for the purpose of reporting the offence.
8. You state that the "fine" is £75. I do not recollect being summoned to court where a fine would be imposed. Are you acting on behalf of HMCS and found me guilty without a fair trial? I find this disturbing and I will enquire with HMCS about your authority to act on their behalf.
I suggest you speak to your CEO again to understand what really occurred.
Should you decide to take this matter further and proceed with a court case, I will defend my position robustly and invoice you for all my expenses and losses.
I will copy this communication and any subsequent one to our local MP (name here) to find out what he/she thinks about a non smoker being wrongly accused of littering and abruptly asked to pay money to your local authority.
If you have any further evidence about the alleged offence could you kindly please email it to me as possible, I would also politely request you send me the section of video that shows me throwing something out of my window. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Very Best Regards