Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About EnergyIndustryInsider

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. If they received a reading in July 2009 and didn't use it or investigate further, you might be able to get them to knock the first couple of months of your supply with them due to the billing code, or you may be able to get a good will discount if you complain hard enough. They will probably have made some mention on the bill that it is estimated. If you feel it doesn't make the consequences clear on your bills, this is the grounds to use to make a complaint - rather than let it escalate too far, they will likely offer some sort of discount. I wouldn't focus on their estimates being 'inc
  2. What Surfer and Siany say isn't quite correct. The important reference number for gas is known as an MPRN, sometimes just MPR. MPAN refers solely to electricity. What you need to ascertain is who the registered supplier is for the MPRN for your flat. Exactly how you do this can differ depending on a couple of things. Initially, check to see if the MPRN is printed on your meter/pipe, or on a tag on the pipe into your flat. This is very rare, but if it is, that's the MPRN you should be billed on. Find out who the registered supplier is, and see below for next steps. Firstly, conta
  3. Some companies will charge to do this, or require a deposit. Some will do it free of charge. Call and ask them, and if you decide to go with one company that will do it free of charge, take the full name and extension number of the person that advised you it's free, and make a note of the time of the call. Once you've switched, use this person as a point of contact (unless they're in a sales department and unable to arrange meter exchanges, for example), and be certain to complain if the company changes their mind later and won't do it for free.
  4. Unfortunately the electricity situation for you isn't brilliant. Whilst you have been misinformed by your letting agent regarding the electricity supplier, it remains your responsibility as the person responsible for the electricity to find and pay the correct supplier (especially since nPower themselve advised you they're not the supplier, and BG have been sending you bills). They are unlikely to accept monthly payments, though you can certainly attempt to negotiate and explain the situation. The likelihood is that you'll need to get a prepayment meter installed with the debt loaded, or they'
  5. An energy company needs to splash out £600 every time a complaint reaches ombudsman stage, so even if the ombudsman might be likely to rule in their favour, most will avoid it for bills that aren't significantly higher than this amount, as once man hours are added in, it becomes more economical to write off balances.
  6. The first thing you need to do is ensure you are being billed on the right meter. There is an easy, quick 100% reliable test you can do yourself. Switch off all gas in your property. Check the meters. If only one of them is not moving, it is probably yours. Return to your property and switch on several gas appliances, return to the meters and check to see which meter has started moving. Repeat if you wish. The meter that responds is the meter that is yours. Ensure this is the meter you're being billed on, and ask your supplier where they got their readings from for this meter. The th
  • Create New...