Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Vana

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hello, I am asking this on behalf of a friend who is staying with us at the moment. A bit of background : He has children from a previous relationship and the CSA have been in touch to say he owes them 4 months arrears. He notified them of a new temping job in June and they said the would re-assess him (he had been unemployed previously). He called them again end of July and they said they were still trying to assess him. So this week gone he got a letter from the CSA saying he owes arrears and must pay immediately - he does not dispute this at all. BUT they have assessed him until 2011. He is going to be leaving his job in 1 week and returning to college Full time, he has already given notice to his temp job. He has been saving from the job he had to see him through until the college holidays at which point he will try and get another job. He will be living with myself and partner rent free as the college is only 10 minutes away. So my question is : After he pays off the arrears which he has set aside anyway, will he have to continue paying the rate they assesed him at until 2011 ? This will leave him with no means to go to college. He is returning to FT education to retrain so he can earn a decent wage to support his children.
  2. Hi Pinky69, I have just recieved documents from DG solicitors on behalf of HSBC. There is nothing signed by me, there is a hand filled in credit card request form which has no signature or even date on it and is not in my hand writing. They have enclosed : Current Terms & Conditions Notice of Variation of Terms Historic Terms and Conditions Blank Copy Agreement Form Copy of Statements For my next letter should I use the template that you advised the OP to use ?
  3. Okay does that mean that using a template on this thread would be better ? Sorry to sound a bit dim.
  4. I have been trying to read this thread and am now a bit confused about which letter I should send to DK (Egg Debt Collecters). I was going to go with a CCA and I'm not sure if the version on PAge 1 of this thread is the correct one. Could someone please advise
  5. I think it may be unenforacble because it was taken out in 2004, and they are avoiding sending me the agreement. Thank you for the link I will have a look at it. I really appreciate everyones help .
  6. Thank you. I'll wait it out then as HSBC letter was only 4 weeks ago. Is it legal for DG to take court action against me whilst I am waiting on a response from HSBC ?
  7. Yes I did send one to HSBC but DG say that the reason I have not heard back is that HSBC do not have my account anymore. They basically said it's too late to raise a complaint - is this true ?! Shouldn I go ahead and send another request to both DG and HSBC dated the same and postal orders included as before ?
  8. Hello Not sure if I am posting in the right place. HSBC have passed one of my credit cards to DG solicitors, I rang them and said that I had written to HSBC asking for a copy of the contract (as I think it is unenforcable), they told me that the account is no longer with HSBC and that they do not have those details so I need to complain to the Financial Obudsman. The lady said she would put my account on hold for 7 days. I have printed out the forms for the financial Obudsman but not sure what to put ? I am really annoyed that I am not getting a copy of my contract which by rights I should be allowed to request. DG are saying they will take me to court within 2 weeks. Please advise
  9. Hi I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a beauty product junkie and used to spend a silly amount on them. Here are some tips for the girls (and the metro-sexuals) to save money. 1) Exfoliate with a mixture of sugar and oil (any cooking oil will do but olive oil smells quite nice). It moisturises at the same time as getting rid of dry skin. 2) If you have bananas that are on the turn - mash them up with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, Fill a mixing bowl with warm water, place a towel in the water, spread the mixture on your face and neck, cover with paper or tissue, and top with the damp warm towel, relax for 20-30 minutes and shower with warm water to remove ! Feel free to add more !
  • Create New...