Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder

mikrt

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About mikrt

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Update, I called citizens advice this morning, and they informed me I should show it to them as proof that the fault was already there. I asked about the opposite, and was told that even if we knew there was a fault before, it was bought in what should have been a faultless condition.
  2. This document was in the folder in the glove-box. I'd say, obviously the dealer wasn't aware it was there as that would potentially (if they'd bother looking!!) put off a customer. So yes it was available, but not pointed out either. I would have thought buying from a dealer you should expect a working car in good condition without looking for faults, but I maybe naive.
  3. My son paid £6k for a car last week, a 2010 golf with 77k miles. He bought it from a motor dealer in London. His wife drove it down to my family in Wales, and on the 2nd day the car wouldn't engage D or R (auto-box) He contacted the dealer, relaying the issue from his wife. Unfortunately the issue has only worsened, and he decided, rightly in my view, that he was rejecting the car under the consumer rights act 2015 as it was less than 30 days old, and informed the dealer of this via email and phone-call. I am driving the car back to the dealer in London on Saturday morning - exactly 7 days since the purchase. Since looking at the paperwork with the car, please see link https://drive.google.com/open?id=19FvkpDbBqEgJe39jH6HFTnSi_Ddvb2XF It seems the previous owner also had a the same fault. My question is, does this piece of paper go in our favour as proof the fault already existed, or against us as he took the car with that paper in the service book, therefore accepting the fault. Basically - Do I wave that under the dealer's nose, or hide it? Thanks in advance.
  4. I will also be taking 1 of the slates off the pallet, and claiming this amount less, so as I can keep some sort of proof that the slates are indeed nothing like each other. There shouldn't be any problem with this, should there? I'm concerned that when the slates have left me, I'll have no proof.
  5. Thanks ericsbrother, In light of advice (from rebel11 also) informing me that cc issuer is wrong in telling me to return item first, I will re-contact them with this knowledge. By any chance, is there a link somebody could point me to, so I could perhaps quote it to them? Many thanks.
  6. Just gone onto palletline.co.uk , as I'm working today & tomorrow, a Saturday pick up is £104.00 so that just takes me over the threshold.
  7. Sorry, one more thing. Would I be best to let paypal refund and then use section 75 just for the returning costs, or cancel the paypal dispute and use section 75 for the whole costs?
  8. Ah, I didn't realise that. That's good to hear. I'll do that and report back. Thanks again, you've been a great help.
  9. Thanks once again, He called me, I have no intention of calling him. As I now see it, I am going to have to pay the cost to return the item to get any money back from paypal or cc issuer. My decision then is how do I go about getting the return cost back. I can see no other way than MCOL, but is it worth the hassle? BTW, I think my £75 mentioned earlier maybe a little too low, nearer £90.
  10. Thanks again, Just to be clear. I think I'm OK about getting my funds back, my real issue is about getting the cost of returning item of at least £75 back. Paypal nor section 75 or chargeback will cover this I believe.
  11. Thanks for replying rebel11, Yes paypal was @ zero, and I used cc. I have actually been in touch with cc already, and they will not carry out section 75 until I've proof that item has been returned (I did not mention chargeback). Have they got it wrong, or should chargeback have been used? What is the difference?
  12. Hi Forum, I brought a slate sample off ebay and decided I liked it. On that basis I ordered £363.00 worth of slates, not ebay, but paid with paypal. It is an established business, not private seller. After signing for delivery (Noting "Uninspected" on receipt) and then uncovering the crate, I find that all the slates are completely different to the sample I was sent (All the ones in crate are the same as each other). I do realise that there are obviously variations in natural slates, but they are completely different in colour and texture. I have filed a paypal dispute, and the seller has not responded to it. He phoned me to tell me to send them back for a refund, but that's going to cost a lot - at least £75, and I don't think paypal will help with return costs. On the phone he got a little stroppy, telling me he was going to make it difficult for me. So I believe he will wait until the very last minute to respond, then I'll have to return it for any chance a refund. I am very very tempted to cancel the paypal dispute, and the use Money Claim OnLine & Sale of goods act 1979 to get my money back. The onus will then be on seller to uplift the items, does this sound right, or would MCOL take a dim view of me cancelling the paypal dispute? The sale of good act 1979 states that I should not lose out when seller breaks the contract, which I believe he has, and that return postage costs are met by buyer only when changing their mind. Thanks for reading, and for any advice, Mike
  13. Thanks for replies so far, To bring you up to date, I've spoken at length to the student who actually did the key handover when the agent did the inventory, and the rep told him that the beds with damaged slats was so old she'd record it as wear & tear. She mentioned that one bedroom could do with a clean, so he gave it a good vacuum while she looked at other rooms and when she re-inspected she said she was happy with that. As far as I'm concerned, anything that's brought up after the inspection is not my/our responsibility, although the problem is there's nothing in writing, but, surely the fact that they've got nothing with a signature on it means they haven't got anything to hold us to any costs?? The last tenant (who did handover) still lives in Cardiff and will be visiting their office tomorrow, although I suspect they wont talk to him as I'm the named rep' - I'm 100 miles away. Any other views welcome, Mike.
  14. Hi, the attached letter arrived this morning, and I'd like some opinions as to how to proceed next. The house was cleaned to a high standard by 2 of the mothers before handover. When handover took place, the agent told the last tenant to leave that everything was in order - although nothing in writing!! The bounced direct debits are not outstanding, but were each paid within a few days of being informed. The letter arrived this morning (21st July), postmarked the 19th, but letter dated 12th. Anyway I'm fuming and would like a few 2nd opinions before I contact them. Thanks in advance for any help, Mike. HouseLet210710010.pdf
×
×
  • Create New...