Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by cylon

  1. I have a tenancy agreement in a house with a student tenant. Each of us has had a separate tenancy agreement with the landlord, we were paying the council tax.


    I recently went to claim council tax benefit. As I have been off work and I am getting SSP and entitled to CTB. My Benefit office said that the Landlord would be liable to pay Council Tax and since then the Council Tax Office has sent the Landlord a bill.


    It says in our contract with the Landlord that we must pay all bills including Council Tax.

    The landlord wants us to pay him now the money for the council tax as it says that in the contract with him.


    Can I still get Council Tax Benefit as I will have difficulty paying, would the student still be able to get a reduction if the Landlord pays the council Tax and we still have individual tenancy agreements?

  • Create New...