Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About magickat

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I am seeking some advice regarding an outstanding council tax bill. Last year I was in a house share that went bad financially owing to people not paying etc. The council tax bill was in my name and that of one other, as we were the original tenants. She moved out in January this year and I moved out in March. Since then she was chased for what turned out to be an unpaid water bill and is dealing with that as I was unable to. Now, she has received letters from Rundles regarding council tax. I have agreed to deal with this and have contacted both Rundles and t
  2. My husband's business has received similar phonecalls from this company so we can totally relate to your frustration Claire2k1! We have told them many times to stop and did block their number, but they must use several different numbers as they are still coming through.
  3. I hope someone can help please. I ordered some glue from a website (shop4glue.com) and paid online with my debit card. The money has gone from my account but no product received over a week later. I tried phoning the number on the site but no answer. So I then checked the company details on the page which are Starloc Adhesives. Having checked the company online I see they are listed as non-trading! What should I do now and is there any way I could get my money back? Many thanks
  4. My brother rents a house from a private landlord with two friends. A months deposit was paid as well as a months rent in advance when they moved in at the end of last year. Unfortunately, due to one friend losing his job there was an issue with his share of the second months rent but the landlord was very good about it and gave extra time to pay etc. An agreement was reached whereby they paid an extra couple of weeks rent when able to extend the official rent due date each month and so from the third month they started afresh and paid that month in full. However, it was only at this point that
  5. My housemate has received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors this morning: "We have been instructed by Fredrickson International Limited Limited on behalf of EE Limited to issue court proceedings on 23 September 2013 if payment of this debt is not received by us by that date." The debt is for just over £400. My housemate is a student and therefore living on a very tight budget anyway and was forced to drop out of uni last year owing to financial and related hardships so is retaking the year starting in a couple of weeks. She has been panicked by this letter so I was hoping I
  6. There is a clause in the landlord's mortgage that states they cannot rent the property to anyone on benefits so we could not apply until we knew we were leaving the property and as I'm sure you are aware these claims take ages, especially with Christmas falling in the middle of everything! I am really seeking some advice with regard to the section 8, with regard to the fact that I will be vacating before the date on the section 21, so will there be any further repercussions? Obviously i will have to try to come to some arrangement regarding the arrears, but will I have to go to court etc?
  7. Sounds worryingly like my lodger who I am in the process of evicting....keeps a jug of his own pee by his bedroom door
  8. My tenancy expired at the end of December 2012, at the end of November 2012 I was issued a section 21 with a view to vacating by the end of January 2013. I informed the landlord that I would leave on or before that date. They are also aware that I currently have no income and am in the process of applying for benefits. However, today I received a section 8 notice via a solicitor so I am a little confused. I understand that I am over 2 months in arrears and this relates to the section 8, but it is also worded in such a way as though I am refusing to vacate the property which is definitely not t
  9. A couple of months ago I received a letter from Rundles with regard to an outstanding Council Tax account. I made a small payment online to Rundles as it was all I could afford at the time, then heard nothing. Yesterday upon checking my post box I found another letter from them saying it was "hand delivered today" but with no specific date and as I hadn't emptied my post box for a few days I don't know exactly what date it was delivered. I have a few queries with the letter: "Your debt remains outstanding despite previous applications for payment" - as stated above, I have received o
  10. Today I received this e-mail: "We write to advise you that Judgement has been issued against you in the Northampton County Court on the 3rd August 2011 . The Court sent the claim form to you by first class post on the 3rd August 2011 and it will be deemed to be served on the 8th August 2011. You have until the 22nd August 2011 to reply. The County Court Judgement Claim Number is xxxxx, which can be confirmed by Northampton County Court by calling them on (0845) 6015935. What options are available to you? Repayment of the County Court Judgement balance
  11. Daniels Silverman have sent me a letter with regard to an outstanding loan with Capital Finance One stating that as I have not responded to their communications they will begin bankruptcy proceedings! Firstly I have been in contact with them and CFO trying to make a payment arrangement (on a £350 loan which now stands at over £1200!) and secondly can they really do that (with regard to bankruptcy) or is it just an idle threat?
  12. I was asked for I&E and bank statment, only sent I&E and explained I was paying all bills in cash so statement would not provide any useful info to support. After this they agreed to payment proposal and provided details to set up a standing order. So stick to your guns and hopefully you will be successful.
  13. Most I am dealing with say they will accept a minimum of £50 a month on a repayment plan so you should be OK. Email them all and explain your situation, detail your offer and request that they do not call you at work. Good luck!
  14. I believe they are part of Tower Credit. I have been dealing with Tower Capital who are also part of the group and they have been one of the easiest companies to set up a payment plan with. Hope this helps....
  • Create New...