Jump to content

Mr Government

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr Government

  1. Hi, I have just renewed my car insurance and the provider is requesting copies of both mine and my partners driving licences!! Is this law? can I refuse? Im not hiding anything, I just dont like it when businesses start making my life more difficult with all this crap. Now I have to dig out these items, photo copy them and post them. Why dont they just deal with this direct with DVLA instead of making it my problem!! Anyway, can I just say No. Ta
  2. Hello, A friend of mine has approached with their PCN they have received from NCP for not correctly parking within the lines of the space. This is new to me. In my mind how can they make any claim for this, espcially having suffered no loss. Also the car park is poorly maintained and the white lines are in fact just very small T bar at the start of the bay. Can they claim for not parking correctly in a bay? surely this is something to be appealed like all other pcn I cant upload a copy of the PCN at moment, but it is a standard one stating £50 or £100. The car park is the NCP at Haywards Heath Harlands Road. The ticket has a code F2 written on it for the contravention with date and time. The PCN number is REDACTED and the vehicle reg is REDACTED you can log onto their website to see the photos www.ncp.co.uk/pcn
  3. I need more than that. The moment this relationship ends, he stops paying. She needs to know what is the least expensive way out of this? Can anybody advise any way of terminating this agreement that does not result in a £4000 fee
  4. Hello, I have a friend (female) who is in a bad relationship and wants very much to walk away from it. Unfortunately, as a single mother of 2 young children, she struggles financially. Last year when her car became to uneconomic to repair, her partner pursuaded her to take on a HPA for a new car. All the legal side of things are in her name, but he pays the monthly installaments. She feels like this HPA is a huge anchor keeping her in a relationships that she hates. She cannot afford the monthly payments on her own, and is desperate to find out if there is anything she can do. I know nothing about HPA contracts, but i did know about a great forum to ask. I have attached 2 photos of the front page of the HPA, 1 is a close up. Can anyone please advise if their is any way out of this that isnt going to cost a lot? or, is she essentially stuck with this contact and monthly commitment?
  5. Dont forget they are trying to demonstrate breach of contract for parking on private land. They do NOT have any photographic evidence of your vehicle 'Parked'. If they cant prove you parked your car, they cant prove breach of contract. Not that there was a contract in the first place. But still, you can just say you drove around in circles for 3 hours. If they have used the word 'Parked or Parking' on their court papers then they have sunk themselves, if they want a contract then they must stick to the wording of it. if they have specifically said on the court papers that breach of contract was due to parking on private land and overstaying alloted time, then they have to provide evidence that you parked your car, not just entered the property and then left again
  6. Remember to never admit in writing that you parked in the car park. You are being taken to court for breach of contract with regard to parking on Private lane. Contract law is very specific, and the wording on the court paper clearly says 'Parking' However the claiment has yet to provide any evidence at all that you actually parked your car. All they have is a pretty picture of you driving in and then out of the car park. That is not evidence of a breach of contract. As far as you are concerned you spent all your time driving laps around the car park in an attempt to work out your average MPG
  7. Hello, I just wanted to get clarification over something relating to ANPR tickets from private car parks. Most parking signs state that you get xxx amount of time free parking then after that you are charged xxx amount. So if you overstay your parking your are alleged to be in breach of contract. Now if the only evidence that Parkingeye or whoever has of your time in the car park is 2 photographs 1) entering 2) exiting car park. How on earth does this represent evidence of a breach of contract? Sure the alleged breach of contract is about the time you overstayed your parking, and therefore they must provide evidence of your parked vehicle. Showing 2 pictures of you entering and exiting a car park 6 hours apart shows nothing. Surely you could claim that you just drove around in circles for 6 hours, or you left the car park by other means, and came back the same way. If you receive court papers based upon these 2 photos, isnt your defence a simply statement of - No evidence has been provided of a parked vehicle? job done? yes or no? would love to hear your thoughts on this
  8. arr, yes one must be very precise with wording. People driving of the footway without a crossover is a prolific problem, thousands of residents in every town are doing it. Its a tricky one, because it only takes 1 smart fellow who gets bollards outside his house, to then kick up a stink to the council that they have to enforce it everywhere and not to vitimise him. most highway authorities cannot be bothered to tackle the issue.
  9. again my main point is being missed. Of course a council can stick barriers up to protect the fabric of the footway, of course they can fine £20 for not having a crossover, (note that its not for driving over footway in a car) But, again, their is NO LAW that states you cannot drive a vehicle over a footway to access a carriageway, that does not have a vehicle crossover. So I ask again find me the legislation that states you cannot drive a motor vehicle over a footway. Section 184 section 1 or 17 purely relates to the vehicle crossover, and not the act of driving a vehicle across a footway.
  10. Alas my friend your wrong. Please provide the relevant legislation that clearly states you cannot take a motor vehicle over a public highway to access a public highway. You cant provide it because it does not exist. fotget aside damage to highway, which is a separate issue, we are purely talking about right of way, and obstruction
  11. Dont get tied up with the issue over dropped kerbs, its irrelevant. Section 184 Highways relating to this is purely about getting permission to undertake works to reconstruct the footway so that it does not get damaged when you drive over it. If you drive over the footway to access the carriageway, without a drop kerb its a small £20 penalty. There's nothing to stop you driving over a footway from your property. You have a right of access to the carriageway, anyone causing an obstruction is subject to Section 137 Highways Act. write to the council asking for details on their complaints proceedure. Then write a formal complaint about their lack of response in dealing with a criminal offence.
  12. Hello All, I am a Toastmaster, and tomorrow I am going to give a speech about these bogus parking charges etc. Is there anybody out there that can provide me with a copy of one of those lovely bright red letters "Pending Court Action" that they usually send 3 of before giving up. redacted of course. I really need a copy of a letter to help my presentation. Many thanks.
  13. You find that TfL are the 'Traffic Authority' for the first 20m inside many of the side roads from the TLRN
  14. Hi, I have just renewed my car insurance with the same company for the 2nd year. They are now asking me to provide copies front/back of my paper licence and photo id to validate my insurance. I find this request disturbing, espcially allowing them to have my 'photo' on file. I cannot see how they can justify having my picture id. Surely the paper licence is sufficient, and that the only additional information on the photo id is the photo. I have asked them to explain why it is necessary to have my photo id, but so far no answer. Are they able to ask for this kind of personal data? can I redact the photo image but give them the rest? Thanks
  15. I didnt say I had a ticket. I dont, and I certainly know how to fight one. Im asking about legal requirements to identify a driver of a vehicle.
  16. Hello, general question for you. Quite often more than 1 person in a household will drive a vehicle. So if a person other than the registered keeper happens to overstay there wellcome in a car park, and the regiersted keeper of the vehicle recevies one of those BS letters, are they obliged to notify who was driving the car? I was under the impression that only the Police/The Highways Authority/The courts had the powers to instruct a registered keeper to identify a driver. I saw this under the FOI - Conditions that must be met for purposes of paragraph 4 5(1)The first condition is that the creditor— (a)has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but (b)is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver. We all know that there are ways around the FOI, so can any flimsy car parking company force a registered keeper to identifiy a driver? and if you cannot identify a driver of a vehicle, then surely you have no case for claim?
  17. If the water company were to repair a leak on the public highway, they are obliged to reinstate to previous standard. I fail to see how this does not apply upon your property. I would write and complain to the Water authority demanding that they make good your drive. Also I am surprised that the water company fixed the leak, as is occured on private property, and is the sole responsibility of the homeowner to repair. So your neighbour must have paid the water company to fix the leak. alternatively you can make a claim from your neightbours building insurance policy, but as your not on speaking terms, im guessing that this is not so appealing.
  18. Lol, I was with Talk Talk for 6 years, and I got fed up with the poor customer services, and foreign call centres. Im now with o2, and i couldnt be happier. My average download speed is 10mb, and their customer services is excellent and english.
  19. As your road in not adopted and is not maintainable at public expense the Highways authority wouldnt place a disabled bay outside your house, not that you would qualify for one anyway as you clearly have a physically intensive job. Also your road may not be adopted, but it is still a public highway, and as such people have the right of way over it. This have been establised under the 20 year rule of access. Your only solution is to build a driveway to prevent your neighbours from parking outside your house.
  20. I have previously spent 13 years working with autism in adults as well as having a 9 year old son with it. Every person with austism has different aspects to their personalities, and you cannot set standard rules for how to care for them. I personally had a terrible experience with the so called professionals at my local hospital. In the end I gave up using all their ideas and stopped going. My son is in main strean school and doing very well A/B grade student. The only issus he has is concentration, where he needs constant prodding to get on with his work. You are the only person who knows your childrens behaviour, and what is likely to be good or bad for them. Standard methods cannot be applied, and I am appalled that hospitals try and practise them with autism. Remember autism is mainly about how a persons brain processes information. You cannot forget that as a young child you will also get the usual bad behaviour, which is a normal part of growing up and testing the boundaries to see what happens. The main way a young child learns anything is by experience. Therefore if you mistake bad behaviour for autism, you could be creating more problems for yourself. The main thing about dealing with your childs autism is how you communicate with him. Think about how he does things, ie repetitive operations, structured methods etc. I personally found that if I clearly explained everything in advance to my son then things went a lot better, ie what we were going to do and when. or why we were shopping. One of the most important things I did not do is maintain routine with the exception of bedtime, and even then I often had him sleeping in different houses just to change that. Routing is extremely difficult to maintain, therefore it is easier to constantly change things, but always remeber to clearly communicate in advance the change. Sudden change is always bad. We were always very strict with our son, bad behaviour was never tolerated, therefore he never had a chance to develop into very bad behaviour. We did not allow autism to excuse bad behaviour, he spent plenty of time on the naughty step thats for sure. Bad behaviour caused by autism is usually triggered by something, and ive no doubt that you know what those triggers are, and you probably already work on diverting his attention before it becomes an issue. As for sleeping in your bed, i gurantee you that its not an autism problem. You should explain to them that they are from now on going to be sleeping in their own beds. Remember to always remain calm, because this is going to be a battle. I have no doubt that when you put them in their own beds, that they will get up lots of times. For the first time they get up, just calmly say no, and put them back into their own bed. Every time they get up after that, do not say a word, just take them back to their beds, no speaking. You may have have to do this 20 times for 2/3 nights, but i promise you it will work. Remain CALM at all times. Always be consistent, if you give a warning about something, always, always follow through. This is espcially important with autism, otherwise he will get confusing messages from you about what he can / cannot do. Remember he is always listening and learning, he just may not show it. Remember you know your children best, not the doctors or specialist. Consistency/Love and patience will win through. Best of luck.
  21. I have recently had the same issue with TalkTalk who claimed that I had a 2 year verbal contract. I emailed them with a clear statement that I dispute any contracts and any charges, I also stated that they were to take no further action against my account until they had settled the dispute, this included any additional charges or passing my information to a third party. You need to google - Distance selling contract regulations. A distance selling contract is only enforceable if both parties fully understand all terms of the contract, i.e charges. If they had not clearly identified any penalties for this alleged verbal contract then they do not have valid contract. As too there comments about sending you this information in the post and via email, you obviously never received such things, and as they failed to follow up to confirm your receipt of these documents then they have no prove that have fullfilled the distance selling regulation guidelines. Dont take any crap from them. Stand your ground and ask them to provide you with evidence that they have a valid contract. Also start sending daily follow up email to them and also send your emails to the CEO of the company, which you can probably get from google. Once the CEO starts getting your emails im sure this will rapidly speed things up. I did this and TalkTalk dropped all charges and closed my account.
  22. I find it very amusing that as soon as I post the name Dido Harding on several threads, all of a sudden a talk talk rep appears. Its nice to see them checking the forum, but it would be better if is was not to deflect attention away from Dido Harding, if everyone started contacting the CEO direct, then they might take action to improve the whole customer service experience.
  23. I emailed Dido Harding with my complaints against talk talk, you can google the name to get the email. This worked for me and my dispute was settled within 12 hours
  • Create New...