Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by slgsue

  1. As I said the relationship ended on bad terms and this included violence. The arrears arose after the break up. I want to appeal it as I fear for my safety it's really that simple. The amount owed is £499 from last year and £1400 from this year including charges. I informed the council of the separation when arrears started but he is still apparently named on the account.
  2. I am in desperate need of some advice please. Up until Christmas my debt was in control but over Christmas I split with my husband and things have become hard. Today I received 2 attachment of earnings orders from the council applied to my estranged husband. This is going to cause me a whole load of issues with him and none pleasant. Can I appeal this or even have this attached to my earnings. He gets paid in 3 weeks so I don't have long to sort this out. I am petrified as the relationship ended on bad terms.
  3. My husband had a debt which was taken to court a CCJ given and an attachment of earnings put in force. The first payment has been taken from his salary BUT he cleared this debt 3 weeks ago in a full and final settlement with the solicitor. How do we get this money back as it is not owed and stop further payments being taken? Solicitors have said courts have been informed but not sent anything to us confirming any of this as of yet
  4. Also will I be informed if they apply to tell courts to have the possession order enforced and will I be able to fight it. What really annoys me apart from getting into this situation again is that I can clear all arrears and payments which will become due in 29 days!
  5. Looking back I believe it was June 2010. My arrears were cleared for quite some time in 2012 until the last 18 months where things have been difficult.
  6. Sorry I have been inundated with getting the kids back to school but will be talking to my mum on Saturday so will start the fossil complaint. I now have my own issues with them so any help on my other thread as well would be great
  7. I have been so busy trying to help my parents that I forgot my own mortgage. I am currently in arrears by £1095. I will be making a payment of £700 tomorrow bringing arrears to under 1 month. Today I have received a notice of change of legal representation from the courts with a case number. Am I being taken to court for repossession. This is all I have received and I am worried. On 1st October my arrears will be £795 and I can pay this off on 15th so I know I can sort this out in the next 4 weeks. I have not called them but am panicking that they have
  8. Thanks for your reply, they have advised her that their solicitors have now issued court proceedings and that the paperwork should be with them within the next few days, this is the first time she has been told this and has asked on many occasions. As far as I am aware there have never been any court proceedings issued at least I know she has never been to court for anything ever! I have told her that she should continue to make payments towards the arrears as well as maintain current payments, but not to kill herself doing so, she has gone from 37.5 hour weeks to 62 hour weeks and at 62
  9. I am writing for some advice on behalf of my mother. She has been struggling to reduce her mortgage arrears down to a level where Acenden would make an arrangement. Her arrears were initially at the beginning of August around £5,300 and now stand at £3500 approx. Her mortgage payment per month is £863. When she first started talking to them they advised her that she would have to pay £2200 plus her monthly payment in order for them to consider an arrangement. Now she has paid her monthly instalment plus around £1800 and she called them to see if they would come to an agreement an
  10. Thank you all. I will certainly be checking when I receive my wage slip. If I am right and they have paid over the odds from the 2nd order which knowing my luck I will not see again, how does this order get stopped? Do the council notify my employer that only 1 order now needs paying or do I have to do anything? I suppose looking at it in a positive way at least by April the whole thing will be done
  11. Thank you I had a feeling that it was the 2nd one causing the issue. I should have my wage slip tomorrow and am guessing that the 2nd aoe has been paid in full now plus some! If this is the case can I apply to get this overpayment back and the 2nd aoe stopped as it is now clear? Would I contact the LA for this? Thanks again your replies have given me some hope!
  12. Thanks Andy I read the thread first but couldn't see the answer to my question. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you see it I know how much they are going to take as they have done so. I had based my budget on all the info I could gather and just about found a way to get by but with the extra they seem to have taken I literally feel sick which is why I want to know if I can appeal or do anything about the amount as it is far greater than 17%
  13. I have just received 2 attachments of earnings for old council tax debt. One is for £1070 the other £72.50. My monthly take home pay is usually around £1800 and this month I have been paid £1300. I have been on an online calculator and found out that they should have had £317 for the first order so with this takeb off I would have been paid £1483, even if the entire amount of the second order was deducted I would have been paid £1411.50. I called them and they even said that I shouldn't have paid this much but in a word tough! Is there anything I can do. I was expecting maybe £300 and
  14. Hi Nicki, I have pm'd you.
  15. Hi Nikki, are you still claiming? If so, I would suggest you ring them and tell them you need to cancel your single claim as you are aware that your circumstances would mean you need to do a joint claim. They will ask if you want to do a joint claim and then if you do will need OH's details and a new claim can be done. I agree you need to send what has been requested, as for him being on the mortgage I think they will understand that this is normal as many separated/divorced people still have joint mortgages. The worst case scenario from how I see it is you will need to pay back all the y
  16. I have been unfortunate enough to have a secured loan with these muppets and my account is with their collection people (inhouse) and my payments have been more or less on time for just over a year now. My credit file shows it as defaulted so I am not concerned with that, we have about 2 years left with them and then I will have a great big party to celebrate!!! My problem is I have found out today that the Inland Rev has messed up my tax which is another story but in the meantime have changed my tax code to pay a penalty until the mess is sorted so as you can imagine today has not gone
  17. I have to say I disagree with the majority. It is now 10:30 in the evening and I made a call to the AA at 8:15 this evening in relation to a leaking all over the floor, toilet. AA had no engineers in the area and said we should get a call in the hour. We were called by Mitie after 45 mins who again said might be a no go for tonight, but I persisted as it is the only loo,we have 3 kids, and cannot be in tomorrow. Not only that the stuff leaking was waste!! About half an hour ago a plumber shows up, took a look at the problem and told me he is only meant to do a temporary fix
  18. How do I get one removed??? Thanks to the excellant and priceless advice I received from the posters on this forum 2 years ago, particularly Ell, I am now arrears free and have been since August 2012, so I want to get that order off my property, but have no idea how to go about this. Could someone please advise as I know a lot of people might want to know and I shall be sharing with a few friends. thanks again
  19. Another email from them - this time just put into their "special file" and no response given! "We write in reference to your recent correspondence regarding an account you hold with our client, Student Loans Company. Please note that we have requested documentation from our client and are awaiting their response; however in the meantime we must continue with collection as this is a grant overpayment and is owed for reasons we have previously mentioned to you. We request that you provide us with details of communication with our client and any other crucial details pertaining to
  20. "We write in reference to your recent correspondence regarding an account you hold with our client, Student Loans Company. We can confirm that a copy of the credit agreement can be obtained for a fee of £1.00 from our client. We note that you have been in contact with our client regarding this issue but have not yet passed on any details of this dispute to us in order to be able to assist you further. We politely request that you provide all details of your dispute including any copies of correspondence that may exist so that we may pass this onto our client for their
  21. I have been pursued by Advantis since November for an over payment of a grant to the sum of £11,600.00!!! This is the full amount of the grant I was awarded nearly 5 years ago. I dropped out of my course 4 months before its end date due to various personal reasons so can appreciate I amy owe a percentage of my grant but not all of it!!! My student loan that I had is being paid back via my salary so that is not a problem (I say with baited breath) though I have not had a statement in sometime. I have been requesting via email since this began proof that the full
  22. Thank you thats brilliant! They have now come back with a very kind email stating that he can ignor the additional £190 that the bailiff added in charges, very kind of them haha!!! I will get him to do that
  • Create New...