Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Thanks It's a company called Hyper Construction of Doncaster. As I speak, they're probably doing the same thing in the Swindon area, that's where the guys who lived in my flat said they were going next. I know its not a lot of money, I'm more fed up that they'll get away with not paying their bills, I'm sure if it was the other way round, a fleet of new Range Rovers would be outside with a gaggle of builders threatening me! I'm sure any assets will be hidden, I'd hope that a CCJ may slow them down?
  2. I took a year off to travel. Let my flat to a building company as a company let, who used it to house employees. Contract was for a year, they asked to stay longer, I agreed because I was enjoying myself. However, rent payments became unreliable. The company has now left the flat, unfortunately owing me £571. Looking at the company records at Company House, no accounts have been filed for a few years, the registered company address is a house in Doncaster and every time I managed to speak to someone on the phone, it was a different person. If I take this to small claims court, then win a judgement, how likely am I to see any money? At least I can now live in my flat again, sleeping on a friends sofa isn't great! If I've put this in the wrong forum section, please move. Thanks
  3. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum, I'm a new poster and couldn't really see a forum title that matched my problem! CCJ because of domestic violence. Back in 2008 I fled my marital home after years of abuse. All of the bills were in my sole name except Southern Water and although I cancelled these bills, it was done in a hurry with a quick phone call. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to check that this was effective and Southern Water didn't cancel my name from the joint bill. I went into a “safe” house and my ex-husband went to jail on firearms charges. As part of my divorce, my name was changed. I have now rebuilt my life in a new town, but my ex, who still lives in our old home, hasn't been paying the Southern Water bills. About 4 years ago Southern Water obtained a CCJ and are now sending me bills at my new “safe” address and have passed this address to debt collectors. Luckily, the bills are in my old name and the account is still joint. I have two concerns, the first is that my ex may find my present address and the second being how do I get Southern Water to stop charging me for something I'm not using? Not too worried about the CCJ, I can't afford credit and I own nothing! But if I could get it to go away, that would be a nice bonus.I'm worried that by writing to Southern Water to explain the situation, I may just be confirming my address and then be “doorstepped” or even that my ex will find my new address. I'm also surprised that after changing my name via deed poll on police advice, debt collectors have still linked my old name with my new address, which is in my new name, perhaps the solicitor didn't perform the change correctly? Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
  4. Friend left her marital home in mid-2008, a victim of domestic violence. Her name was changed by the court, (to protect her) at the same time as her divorce was finalized. She is now trying to get a small mortgage, but has been refused on several occasions. On checking her credit rating, we've found that a CCJ has been applied against her previous name and that this is now linked to her new name. This was a bit of a surprise, considering that the court changed her name on all official/government documents! I think she has a good case to overturn the CCJ, because she wasn't at the address given in the CCJ, (even Callcredit have her at a different address before the CCJ was issued!), but how can she (if she can!) unlink the addresses? She is worried that her ex-husband may now be able to discover her new name, he is very violent with convictions for fire-arms offences. Thanks in advance for advice.
  5. Not bothered about my credit rating, been only cash for 3 years now and I like it! So I won't worry till I get a letter with court stamp on it, then I'll be back with more questions! Thanks everyone for the advice and moral support. Andy
  6. Here are both pages as a PDF (thanks for the explanation!) Thanks Andy files unzip and merged - dx tr i.pdf
  7. Have tried posting links, but my post rate isn't high enough. Andy
  8. Sorry and what's a phishing list? The debt dates from Jan 2007 and the last payment was sent around Oct 2009. And how do I attach readable scans? Thanks Andy
  9. This is an on-going debt demand and now Cabot have got involved. They claim to have bought the debt from Sainsburys, I was under the impression that Sainsburys had already passed the debt to Westcot (among others).I haven't received a NOA from Cabot just demanding letters, I've sent a CCA letter and then the follow up letter after Cabot failed to return a valid agreement in time, when a copy of the CCA turned up, it was late and hasn't get a signature on it. I also sent the “stop processing my data” letter. I've received this reply: [ATTACH=CONFIG]28196[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28197[/ATTACH] I must admit to being baffled, where do I go now? Thanks Andy
  10. That's my gut feeling too, Robinson & Way unloaded the debt onto Westcot after I asked for a DCA and Westcot have just sent me the same info (even later!), that didn't work for Robinson & Way! Still a bit scary though!
  11. Need some advice about this please, about 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Westcot offering " the opportunity to make a reduced settlement"! I've ignored this letter, think it may be an attempt to get me admit that I owe them money. However a few days ago a copy of my CCA tuned up, it's exactly the same one that Robinson & Way sent. (see here) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221487-newbie-needs-advice-dca.html Is this a valid stand up in court CCA? What should I do? Try for a reduced settlement? I believe that the CCA isn't valid, that's why Robinson passed it over to Westcot. Advice and moral support please!
  12. Each insurance company has different ways of handling this situation. Some will allow you to carry on driving, some won't. A few companies will transfer what's left of the policies term to you. Best to ring the company, ask for the "personal support team", don't speak to an ordinary customer agent, they may not know all the ins and outs of this situation! Hope this helps. Andy
  13. Thanks, 12+2 from the original letter? Seems I'm is slowly falling down the DCI food chain!
  14. Robinson Way seem to have gone away, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221487-newbie-needs-advice-dca.html for the thread. Have now got Westcot onto me! Had the standard notice of debt collection from Westcot, so set them a CCA request, they've just replied " We are not the creditor for this account but instructed on behalf of the above client (Sainsburys)" and they have returned my £1.00, stating that it needs to be payable to Sainsburys and have placed my account on hold for 14 days. What next? Do I take their word that they have Sainsburys authority to collect this debt, or should I contact Robinson Way, in case Westcot is stealing their business? Should I resend the CCA with the correct payee (Sainsburys)? or a go away letter? Thanks for your help and I must say that after all the times people like Westcot and Robinson Way have scared friends and family, it's fun biting back a little!
  • Create New...