Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About 14Steve14

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Dont forget that in most cases an arrangement total made by the utility company will include the current usage and the debt.
  2. I come across this situation frequently in my job. The meters belong to the meter operators as already stated, but you as a bill payer have a right to choose how you pay for your gas and electric, so if you want pre pay meters then you can change them. Your landlord cannot tell you not to have the meters changed as he can always have them changed back after you leave. If you find it easier to budget weekly, have PPms fitted and to hell with the landlord. its you that has to pay the bills mot him.
  3. I found this on the OFT website and thought it may be of interest to some. I hope i have posted in the correct place, if not i am sure a moderator wil move it to the best place. The OFT have issued the following statement see it here
  4. As previous posters have said, yes npower can legally enter your property once they have a warrant. Npower are one of the strictest companies when it comes to enforcing residential warrants. Several checks take place, and a lot of calls to npower befoe any supply is terminated, and as is usuall in most cases a pre payment meter is fitted. If you had been with another supplier checks would have been carried out prior to the warrant being executed, and on the day of the execution. The moral to this story is ensure that you notify any supplier when you move into a new property.
  5. I know i may have left this a bit late as its now near the court date, but here goes. The human rights letter that gives the court and date includes information to help you. You do have the right to turn up to the court, and you may get your chance to speak to the magistrates. it depends on your reasons for not allowing access to the utility companies equipment. if you are planning to go to court, ensure that you arrive early and make your self known to the court usher. They will put you in contact with the person applying for the warrant. At this stage the chances are the util
  6. He does not say he will visit your place of work. What he does say is Which is totally different
  7. As Nottslad says if you cant pay the full balance ask to have prepayment meter fitted. They will arrange a time and date to fit it, and i think in most cases it is free.
  8. Just to put your mond at ease, the process for obtaining a warrant can take a while. A letter has to be sent to you giving a minimum of 14 days notice that legal proceeding are gonig to take place. This letter will notify you of the court and the time of the hearing. You should really go to court and have your say. Paying a sum to your utility supplier may not stop action, but it may help. CSL are not bailiffs just debt collectors. A warrant of entry must be obtained before they can touch your supply.
  9. If its in the terms of the original contract then i would have thought that yes they can.
  10. Is this only applicable to students or can any person just pay there share.
  11. I said it was reasonable because you are paying the £5-00 that you originally offered because that is all you can afford to pay, plus a figure for your current usage. I take it that you can now either not pay the original offer to repay arrears, or you cant afford to pay for current usage. Contact your local benefits office, as you are out of work, and ask about water direct. According to the welsh water website this will reduce your bill by a further 25 pounds.
  12. I would say that this is totally reasonable for arrears and current usage.
  13. Everybody is given notifation of the court date and time, and indeed more should turn up. As a person who applies for warrants i personally hate it when someone turns up. I always try to resolve the matter prior to the court hearing, and will always contact the utility company whilst with the customer. If there is a genuine dispute on the case then it will get postponed, or indeed cancelled. People have to turn up first though.
  14. As mentioned bt NOTTSLAD suppliers can stop you from leaving if you owe money.
  15. Not always correct, as several courts that i visit for warrant applications will postpone the hearing. A time is booked usually 1 to 2 weeks later when more time is given so that both parties can put their side.
  • Create New...