Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by bl10

  1. Thanks for the replies.


    The account's in dispute, so are there no strongly-worded letters I'm entitled to send to both B/C and P2C or are they quite within their rights?


    Don't know anything about P2C. When I phoned the P2C worker who'd left a card on my doorstep to tell him about the dispute, he said they have no prior knowledge of any accounts - their job is just to turn up at a door, call B/C, then hand the phone over to the person they want to talk to......:rolleyes:


    Any advice or anybody got any similar experience?



  2. Hi,


    Need advice, please.


    Had letters / calls from Mercers. Also received a letter from Power2 Connect?? threatening a doorstep visit. I actually spoke to Mercers, told them I was waiting on my CCA (from June) and therefore hadn't made a payment.


    They said I was entitled to it, couldn't understand why I hadn't received it, then bizarrely said I didn't need to make a payment just now and that they're putting the account on hold for 7 days.


    I've then received a card from P2C - they'd been to the door. When I called them back, he said it had been a mistake as B/C had now cancelled the visit, apologised, and said I was to ignore the card on the door.


    So, what letters (if any) can I fire off to this P2C mob and B/C?


    Thanks in advance.

  3. Thanks for that....


    I haven't read (in the Scottish sections) anybody taking BC to Court up here let alone any success stories so I'm guessing option 1's out...


    The charges amount to over 800, so if they pay back as quickly as they did on the other account, then it's a start...............but it still leaves a hefty amount to try and pay off........anyway, I'll have a think......



  4. Hi (again) Slick...


    Yeah, my other account with BC.....I've CCA'd & SAR'd it & sent them a Formal Complaint letter. I've been reading loads of threads and, in truth, Ive no idea where to go next:-|


    One minute I want to try the interest route then I read noomill060's thread where he went to Court in NI and won (brilliant thread, that).


    If I fire off an Account In Dispute letter, what then? How long does it go on for? They won't take any notice and continue as before via Mercers etc.


    I don't know the legal side of things here in Scotland in relation to asking for the agreement; I was told this CPR thing is a non-excistant resolution via a Sheriff Court up here? Or can I use an English one anyway?


    More than baffled, as you can tell.......any advice on what to do greatly appreciated.

  5. Thanks for the reply....


    Possibly worded my question in the wrong way....


    I've already claimed charges (plus interset) on another BC account. I used the spreadsheet / interest calculator via the Martin Lewis site (sorry, couldn't get to grips with the one on here) and BC paid me in full (well over a grand, £200+ of which was interest).....one SAR then a reclaim charges letter direct to BC....


    Anyway, any links available that I can have a look at regarding this compound interest, please?.....how it works....how to add it up etc etc....


    Many thanks.

  6. Hi,


    Am I right in thinking to claim charges with compound interest, I'd need to file in Court as it's only the standard interest they're paying back voluntarily?


    Also, can I still claim for charges even tho' I've fired off a Formal Complaint / In Dispute letter to their responses (I've already CCA'd & SAR'd).....or have I boobed?



  7. Thanks again for the support...


    Slick, I started a thread in the relevant forum but nothing doing response wise....I realise this is the wrong place but is this letter ok to send in response to their pitiful offer? Can you advise, please? (it's just that I want to get it away asap....sorry if I'm out of order posting it here...I'll delete / edit it as soon as...)


    Response to settlement offer.


    Account Number.


    Dear Sir


    Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxx. I respectfully decline your offer of £xxxxx as Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxxxx


    I wrote to you on xxxxx making the original request for a payment in full settlement of my claim. As I have not received a satisfactory response, I am writing to inform you I intend to claim the full amount claimed together with interest up to the date of judgment and court fees in the proceedings through the court.


    This is based on the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, as I believe these default charges are unfair and not proportionate to your costs, and therefore the court will rule in my favour. As I am sure you are aware, the Office of Fair Trading also stated in its April 2006 statement into credit card charges that it considers charges are at a higher level than is legally fair.


    I have, again, attached a full schedule of the charges with this document.


    I would also bring to your attention that you have admitted in your letter dated xxxxxxx that you were unable to find a true copy of the original agreement. I find it difficult to believe that you have mislaid such an important document as the copy of the credit agreement.


    It would appear that you have failed in your obligations to comply with the various anti money laundering regulations in not keeping such documents. This, as I’m sure you are aware, is a very serious offence.


    I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days, otherwise I will commence court proceedings to reclaim my money.


    For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.


    I trust this clarifies my position.


    Yours faithfully

  8. Hi,


    Received a paltry offer from RBoS in reply to my Prelim letter (I'd already SAR and sent them the Spreadsheet etc). The balance is only a few hundred and the Charges etc in a refund would wipe it out...


    I was looking at the Template letter but I was wondering if anybody can link me to any rejection letters that they can remember seeing on any of the threads, please?....I've read a few crackers over the past few months but can't remember where....


    Thanks in advance....

  9. Hello again,


    Chuffed to bits coz they've paid in full what I'd asked for (well over a grand). Really can't believe it was that easy. Genuine thanks to everyone on here for their input and walking me though it. I would've stumbled on for evermore paying / struggling and getting nowhere. Still fighting them on another, but I'll be making a donation for this one with sincere gratitude...


    Now that I've had my eyes opened (and whilst I was waiting on Barclaycard) I went after another Card Company. I asked for a SAR and then a Spreadsheet etc ..


    They've offered me a tenth of what I've asked for so is there a standard / template rejection letter? or any letters on the site that people have used, please?....they've admitted in writing they don't have my CCA, but it's only for a few hundred and the charges would wipe it out completely...


    Again, any info / advice greatly appreciated....

  10. Hello again.


    Just to update....I've received my 6 years worth of statements today....I'm making the minimum payment and it goes without saying they've never sent me the CCA.....I haven't sent them the Account In Dispute letter as I wanted to see if they'd repay the late fees first....


    Is there a template letter I can send off in reply claiming all the late fees? and is it a flat 8% I've to add on to the total?...or have I read that completely wrong via other threads?


    The letter also states...''This information (the statements) we have enclosed relating to this account is all that we hold''...is that a standard reply or an admission of sorts that they don't have my CCA?


    As always, appreciate any replies, please.

  11. OK,


    This thread has two letters on it that could be useful to you.


    One post is about a letter to send if, when you get your agreement, it turns out to be the usual T&Cs, and the other is if you haven't received anything within the 12+2 days.


    Hope it helps.




    Thanks for doing that. Great reading.

  12. Hi,


    Found this fantastic site via Google. I've read loads of threads / pages over the past few nights but was still wondering if anybody could help with basic info (apologies if it's staring me in the face.)


    I've had a CC with (originally) Goldfish (now Barclaycard) since the late 90's. I was laid off last November and I've asked them repeatedly if they could help with / freeze the interest payments till I'm financially back on my feet / in work. They haven't, and the interest is crippling. I'm making basic monthly re-payments so it's going nowhere.


    I'm completely knew to CCA requests or full & final payment letters etc etc....so first up, is it worth sending them a CCA? I'm in Scotland.


    Appreciate any replies.

  • Create New...