Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi All, No the stepson did not let them in, he phoned me whilst they were at the door because we have an autistic child in the house and get very upset if things are not of a routine or strangers at the door. I have tried phoning Northampton bulk but could not get through and have since emailed them, will try again on Monday. I did tell the bailiff's when they initial came on the phone that the debt was statue barred but as expected they ignored the information that I conveyed, even after this email correspondence i sent them below on the 2nd May 2022. To Whom it May concern. Enforcement Agent Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxxx You have contacted me about a sum of money owed to Southern Water Services Ltd to which you claim I owe. I have taken advice from the CAB and a Debt advisor and I do not admit any liability for your claim, unless it can proved otherwise then I have no problem in paying any outstanding money owed and would be more than happy to set up a payment plan. This debt was actually in dispute from 2011 to 2013 due to myself being unlawfully overcharged for a water leak outside of a previous property that I lived at and is actually statue barred and has been for a long time, I was evicted from XXXXXXXXXr in January 2014 where this bill originally stems from, to which I then moved to the XXXXXXXXX From: February 2014 to August 2014. Under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5: “An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.” Also, the Financial Conduct Authority's Consumer Credit sourcebook states the following. "...a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." 7.15.4 "A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred." 7.15.8 ‘Unless you can prove otherwise’. Freedom of information request 2000 Within this email I am requesting to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from Southern Water Services Ltd & yourselves Court Enforcement Services.. Please may you provide me with: All Account information relating to this and any other accounts in my name. The address that the ccj paperwork was sent to in 2020 so as to clarify that it was sent to the wrong address, which means that I had no way of defending myself legally in this matter and the judgement could have been set aside. Please provide this information in the form of an email. If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request. If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance. If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request. Unless you can provide evidence that you own the aforementioned alleged debt that I owe or evidence of payment or a written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the amount you allege I owe. If any representative from Court Enforcement Services or associated companies arrives at my girlfriends property without a prior appointment made with myself it will be taken in a vexatious noncompliant manner on your part. This email has been cc’d to The Trading Standards, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Financial Ombudsman and The Legal Ombudsman Please confirm in writing within the statutory 21 days Which is from the 2nd May 2022. Yours faithfully
  2. Hi All, I have looked at totally money, equifax and experian and its not on those but it is on the clear score credit file, I have asked for another copy of the high court writ, it seems to of disappeared of my email server. The only thing i am worried about is that they have a writ that i would assume gives them powers of entry etc, i had asked them prior to there visit by email to CES not to just come and turn up without a prior appointment but yes they did just turn up. The Mrs is really worried that if i don't make the payment next Friday or if I make a set aside claim that they will be back with vengeance. Regards
  3. Hi, I wonder if any one can help or if someone could take this on for me. Southern Water Services Ltd had a leak under a private rented property that I used to live in, from around 2003 up until March 2014, I disputed the charges that they were trying to charge me for when I did not even cause the leak, it was an old clay pipe that was broke. Since moving out of the property in March 2014 I did not hear any more about it I Had a Letter from Court Enforcement Services, I stated to them in an email that the debt is statue barred as its been over six years since I left the property and refused to pay the water company, I asked under the FOI act for all the information regarding the debt and all they could give me was a copy of a High Court Writ dated August 2020 and low and behold two days later I had a High Court Enforcement officer turn up on my door step (my step son was at the property, I was at work) they phoned me and demand that I pay the full amount of £2,000 but now the debt has risen to £3,000 and was threatening to seize my car unless I paid the £3,000 owed to the water company there and then, I stated that I did not have that kind of money and ask if I could pay £100.00 per month until I can resolve this matter, they kindly phoned me back 30 minutes later and said that I had to pay £600.00 when I get paid at the end of the month and then £250.00 a month thereafter, I did say that would be a bit of a struggle and they would not budge at all, I do find it a bit excessive considering that neither the HCEO no the water company have asked for a financial breakdown of my income and outgoings. Any help would very much appreciated in this matter.
  4. Hi, She works part time 18 hours per week so I dont know if she is getting any help with the council tax benefit.
  5. Hi all. I moved in with my ex in august 2015 in to a council property that she already had with her daughter, I have never been put on the tenancy at all but she registered me as living there, our agreement was that she would pay the council tax and I would pay the rent. As from June 2017 she failed to keep up with the payments on the council tax and now the council are taken it direct from my wages even though we have split up the 7th December 2017. Can the council still take the money and make me liable for the money even though I have never ever been on the tenancy agreement? Tia
  • Create New...