Jump to content

BackinCharge

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About BackinCharge

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks Ida, sorry for not getting back to you sooner but i'm not keeping too well at the moment, got myself in a bit of a state with this cropping up again and with no regular access to a computer got a bit down witrh it all. anyhow i'll definately be sending the letter tomorrow and i'll let you know what they say - hopefully they'll pass the debt back, but as they've 'purchased' the debt i doubt it'll be that easy for them.
  2. Hi, I wonder if Ida could let me know if her suggested letter is suitable given my comments in my post no #20. I'd appreciate it if someone could give her a shout for me. thanks
  3. if Ida is about i'd appreciate her views on my post #20. I've prepared the letter as suggested but i'm not sure if i should send it as it is given that Cabot's letter indicates that they are aware that XXXX had previously taken legal action against me. I just want to make sure that i'm sending the letter to them in the hope that they will go away!!
  4. Yes the card was taken out years ago, well before 2007
  5. Thanks Ida sorry for the delay in replying but I don't have a PC at home and can only get on one at the library or when i'm at friends or visiting family, i'll get this done though and i'll send this off to them today/tomorrow. Just one further question, I'm not sure if it makes any difference at this stage, but i've just re read the letter from cabot and it does say that they are aware that XXXX had previously taken legal action against me.......and i should contact their solicitors to discuss the options for repaying...... does this make any difference to what i need to say in the letter to them? i'm sorry i did'nt mention this earlier but i've only just re read the letter again.
  6. Hi Ida i was wondering if you had had any further thoughts on a possible letter i could send? I know you said you were busy at the moment and i appreciate your help, but i'm just a bit concerned about what action Cabot might consider taking if i appear to be ignoring their letter.
  7. Thanks again Ida, that sounds geat i appreciate your help with this. Anything that will help me out will be really appreciated. i'm no too good at letters so anything you can suggest would be a great help to me.
  8. Hi Ida, thanks for looking at this for me, the last payment was early 2008. Can you help me?
  9. Thanks maroondevo52, it was a credit card debt for £9,000
  10. okay, i'll ask why i've not been sent a notice and i'll send a CCA request to cabot i've been looking at the library for a suitable letter and i've come across one called " A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency" do you think this would be a better one to send - would it resolve the matter quicker - or is it better to request the CCA from Cabot and details of why i was not sent a notice of assignment? You guys are the experts and i'll trust your judgement on this it's just that i'm just so stressed with things at the moment that i want this sorted in the quickest way
  11. Thanks Rebel11 i've not received a letter of assignment from the bank and i've not made a CCA request to Cabot as i did all this with the bank and their solicitors at the time i was served with a papers for court. They did not reply to my requests for a CCA but they had the court case 'sisted' while they looked for it. The case was then withdrawn by the bank, i assumed it was because they could not locate a copy of a CCA. Do you think it is worthwhile writing to Cabot for one as i thought the bank could.not enforce things without one and why do you think the bank have sold a debt they know they have no CCA for? Unfortunately your link takes me to a suggested letter called letter to be used when a DCA refuses to comply with a CCA request i'm not sure if this would be the correct letter to send.
  12. Hi folks i'm looking for a bit of help here. Bank pursued me for a cc debt in 2009 and raised an ordinary cause action in the local court, however they could not provide me with a copy of the cca and withdrew their action on the back of this - the case was not heard in the courts, just withdrawn by their solicitors. I've heard nothing since however, i've now got a letter from Cabot asking for me to get in touch as they now own the debt and clearly want me to pay it. Can someone help me with a letter or guide me in what i should be doing? If there is no agreement how can the bank sell the debt and how can cabot expect to collect on it - more importantly i'm up to my eyes in it just now and the last thing i need is another DCA hassling me for money, when i'm just about managing to keep my head above water how do i put a stop to this now, can anyone help me!
  13. thanks AA, ill send the template letter off to them on monday.
  14. i'm looking for some help with the next stage following my SAR request. The 40 days have past and i've not received any documents from BH. What do i do now? Do i send them a letter reminding them they only had 40 days in which to reply to my SAR or do i give them a bit longer? If i need to write to them again, can anyone help me compose or suggest a suitable letter to send them? I'd appreciate any help as i'm keen to reclaim the PPI and get back what i'm entitled. thanks
×
×
  • Create New...