Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

1 Follower

  1. Hi there and thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me. My husband and my daughter were involved in a RTA on Christmas Eve on the A1, the car in front of my husband (young driver only been driving 3 months) braked and braked harder than planned (emergency stop to be precise) my husband broke but was not able to stop in time and drove into the back of him, his car was badly damaged ( expected to be written off) the car he hit was not much evidence of damage. he did the right thing called police, off duty paramedic attended (just happen to be in traffic behind him) he called green flag and he spoke to emergency insurance claims, car was taken to a secure pound by them and my husband and daughter were left at a service station (i had to travel the 70 miles to fetch them) so we spoke to the insurance company covea on boxing day, they told us they needed to recover the vehicle and would take 48 hours to decide if written off (but the initial reports from where it was is that it was definitely going to be unrepairable) in view of this and in view of the fact it was an own fault claim we could not have a hire car. they said after the decision is made it would take up to 10 working days to issue the money (car was financed so would go to them). My husband works 35 miles from home so has had to take annual leave since as we do not have a spare car to use. we have spoken to covea last Friday who then said, the car hadnt been seen by them yet so not written off but initial indications and reports said it will be and that we still had the ten working days to wait (taking us till 9th Jan with Christmas / new year weekends etc) so we still have no car (finance company will refinance as soon as received payment) so we are in limbo. we have lost all the call out pay my husband would have got for new year working, we are still none the wiser about what is happening with the car, I am just about to call them (again) so wanted advice on 1, if they offer us a silly amount what can I do, we need enough to pay off the previous finance. I have priced up an equivalent car on line and it is between 4,000 - 5,500 we owe 3,800. 2, if they delay things can we claim for loss of earnings ? 3, is there any way they should be giving us a hire car until this is sorted ? any advice on how I fight my corner would be great.
  2. Hi there i am currently in battle with advantage as well and they are refusing to give me their bank account details do you still have them ?
  3. wow that takes some reading and the attachments i cant find or open so im struggling with it i will print off the SAR now and post to them and then will come back for help please. thanks Michelle
  4. sorry for sounding thick but how do i do it ? some months i have had up to £100 in charges. I have asked them not to call me and told my husband to never answer the phone to them so they dont change us so they then send me letters which they charge me for instead ! If possible send me the links to anything ill need or just tell me what i need to do please. Thank you so much for your help x
  5. Hi there I wonder if i can ask a couple of questions after reading other posts on here I would like some help too now. I have a secured loan with welcome, this loan was initially taken out about 2004 for a caravan, over the years we stupidly got talked into increasing the loan and re starting it. In 2008 i went to university and struggled financially during those three years and reduced the payments to welcome. I recently received a statement from them saying the original credit was £17409.65 for a duration of 240 months in feb 2008 the outstanding balance is currently £163.6.54 we have hardly missed any payments and theres a capitalisation fee on there every month of £153.34 which i am guessing is charges ? the monthly payments should be £185 so we have always paid a little extra but this loan does not seem to be going anywhere fast. Please can anyone help me with what is the best way to deal with this? if i stopped paying it would they sell it on (as ive read they have in other posts) and then would this capitalisation fee continue ? i really dont want to be paying this off forever as i am trying now to sort all my finances out as now in a job and stable. Any help appreciated Thanks Michelle
  6. Hi there I am looking for some advice with Advantage car Finance. I have a car that is due to be finished in the next 6 months have had the finance over the past three years. My questions are is there any rules that state what companies can charge you for phone calls letters texts unpaid direct debit charges etc ? Advantages charges are very high i was wondering if i could claim any back as unfair? they charge unpaid direct debit- £12 telephone call £7.50 text message 50p arrears management fee £12 (per week) letter £7.50 are these charges legal or anything i can claim back if so how? My second question is regarding the insurance i was mis sold when i purchased my car. I was sold GAP, MOT and mechanical insurance at the time i was not sure whether to take these but was told they could be cancelled at any time, i went ahead with them . some time later i called them when we were struggling financially and asked for them to be taken off. at that point i was told i had paid for them and they were in the finance and were £2000 even if i cancelled them i would still have to pay for them whether i wanted them now or not. my second question is can i claim for the mis selling of these insurance pollicies? and if so how do i do it ? Thank you in advance for any replies i receive. Michelle
  7. the address I have on one of their letters is trinity court 2-4 west street Fareham po16 0bh do I post everything to that address or to the address on your SAR letter ? Welcome Financial Services KINGSTON HOUSE CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK WOODHEAD ROAD BIRSTALL BATLEY WF17 9TD
  8. thank you so much for your reply yes I think it may have been restarted at one stage when they payments were too much for us. I have printed off both letters and will post today. do I just wait for their reply then ? how do I go about claiming back anything I am owed ?
  9. Hi there im hoping someone can give me a little bit of advice on the best way to deal with the pleasure that is welcome finance. we have a secured loan that was taken out about 8 years ago, we currently pay £200 a month for it, my husband was diagnosed with hemochromatosis with insulin diabetes and cirrhosis of the liver ten months ago and restrictions were put on him at work which led to our income being reduced by £490 a month, we have missed oct and nov payments to them, I have had a few nasty phone calls from them I had planned to pay them half payment in November but after a call yesterday to them to pay this where the man I spoke to got very annoyed with me on the phone and refused to take a reduced payment I just put the phone down. I had spoken to them last week and was told our account is actually £25.40 in arrears, as we have been paying extra each month, they told me yesterday that our interest each month is £159 which means I don't know how long this is going to take to pay off. I don't have any paperwork from them that I can find. can anyone give me some advice on what I need to be doing to either make smaller payments which will only be short term but also how I go about seeing if there's anything extra im paying for that I shouldn't be or if there's any way of finding out exactly what I owe and what I have paid I have asked them for account details three times now which I haven't received and they have said they have posted it twice so wont post another. Is there a way of getting the interest stopped ? or any advice on what to do would be great. thanks
  10. Thank your for all your replies and help unclebulgaria67 i have accepted that i have to pay for this i know someone else in a similar situation with same university and they have had to pay in full so i simply want to delay any sort of baliff visit and for them to accept a reasonable payment offer. ploddertom yes these are the only seats we have we have three settees (2 2 seater 1 three seater and the tv is flat screen but has damage to the screen (area of blurring in one corner) so wouldn't be worth much As for my son he is 15 but is a big 15 so doesn't look his age which is why i am concerned they will turn up when im at work.
  11. Yes he let them in and yes they made a levy which included two leather settees 1 tv, printer desk microwave and a table and 4 chairs, everything else is either financed or not mine he did take registration numbers for both of our cars but he also documented that these are both on hp arrangements. I have spoken to the national debtline who informed me to speak to the bailiffs on Monday morning and to complete a N244 form and take this into my local court and they would hopefully be able to put an urgent/ temporary stop on this for me to make further arrangements. My concern was that the letter they have sent me says they are coming Wednesday and my teenage son will be here alone that day as I work 8-6 tomtubby if I make a Variation Order would I be able to email or fax this to the court tomorrow as the court is Northampton which is not somewhere I can get to tomorrow? which am I best doing the N245 or the N244 ? Thank you again for all your help with this
  12. I am very confused is this a CCJ or a high court writ and can someone tell me what the difference is I do not want to send the wrong form in to them? and where I find the fees to the court to send the form in as I cant find them on the site ?
  13. Hi there I have found the court paperwork that was2/7/2013 it lists the amount I need to pay and the address for payment which is a solicitors in Buckingham. the forms the bailiff left me says I have received a high court writ that is enforceable at this address with a notice of seizure form he told me I had to email them proof of everything by the Monday and that they would contact me to either accept of decline my offer which was included with all the documents I emailed to them. ive checked out the court information at the citizens advice site and do I need a N244 form ? as the link doesn't work If the court order was for a lump sum (the most usual order in the High Court), and you wish to pay by instalments, you can apply for the order to be suspended. This is called applying for a stay of execution. You apply by filling in an application form N244. or is it aN245 form I need ? To apply for a county court warrant to be suspended, you fill in court form N245 thank you in advance for any information im just trying to check my credit file now to see if its on there
  • Create New...