Just a note to give details of my case.
I wrote asking for copies of all my bank statements on 31/5/06.
I received a response dated 12/6/06 stating that I would receive the copies by 10/7/06.
I received nothing so I telephoned on 14/7/06.
I finally got the copies on 20/7/06. My charges total £538 - I thought this was a lot until I saw some of the other claims on here!
I wrote my initial letter requesting repayment on 20/7/06.
I received a standard response offering £40 in settlement today 12/8/06.
I have written back today 12/8/06 rejecting this offer, demanding repayment and warning of proceedings being issued if I do not receive a cheque for the full amount within 14 days.
I shall probably be back to ask for advice if I don't get what I want!