Jump to content

RingoC

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About RingoC

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I updated the Finance Company Thursday last week - not heard anything back yet
  2. That's what the correspondance from the finance company states in a letter to us "With a view to clarifying matters, we telephone the supplying dealers, X, who confirmed that the vehicle had been extensively tested throughout the whole day on Wednesday 18th..." As I say though, I waited nearly 2 hours for the car to be seen for 15 minutes. I have informed them of this
  3. Hey, We brought it back to the dealer who spent 15 minutes with the car and added a little bit of lubrication to the belt and stated that they could find no faults. They have then told the finance company that they extensively examined the car throughout the whole day... I'm at wits end with it really and so asked another independant to take a look. They have identified the same engine noise that I have been complaining of but cannot investigate further without doing an internal investigation. They think it may be a noisy tappet but also identified problems with the injectors, timing
  4. Update 13/01 Well - we brought the car to the garage today and done the 80 mile round trip. When we got the the garage they took it for a test drive with us and heard some engine noise that they thought may be due to bad design of the engine cover causing it to vibrate. Then the mechanic made mention that he thinks a spring has gone at the back too We've been told to bring it back next week on the 17th early hours so that they can look at it again while-we-wait
  5. Thanks for that We did reject the car in writing and have not made any payments as the rejection was made after 2 weeks. The car has not been used and we have invited them to collect the car. The finance company have not responded in writing but called asking for the car to go to the garage - so we have arranged to do that on Friday We have not even paid the first payment as we did not want to accept the car - is this correct? The finance company have issued a notice about non-payment etc which appears to be a standard 'default' letter. We have since contacted them back and its been
  6. No worries. As per your signature it's always worth people getting professional clarification. These forums and advice given in them gives people a general direction to be looking in and that's exactly what I have taken from the posts in this thread. The garage have agreed to check the car over on the 13/01 so I guess I'll know their stance come then
  7. I can confirm that I have not been given 'false hope' and that the advice given was my thoughts on this too. Thankyou for everybody's input, particular Sam Thanks for everybody's advice
  8. Thankyou for your continued assistance on this matter, Sam. Where would I stand if he refuses to replace the cam belt? Do we have any backing due to being told the car would be quieter?
  9. Not as of yet, no. We assume that from the receipts that we have that only the auxillary belt was changed last year but no other belts including the alternator belt and cam belt
  10. Hi Sam, Thankyou for your reply It has service history in the form of receipts as opposed to a service log/book. It has done 87,000 so not particularly high for its age The dealer pointed out that it requires a new alternator belt and suggested that it has a new cam belt as that was due to have been replaced at least 60k
  11. Hi, My partner purchased a 05 Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTI for £4295 from a garage (not dealer) in November 2011. When she purchased it she noticed that it was a little noisy but was informed by the salesperson that as it was a diesel it would get quieter. She purchased the vehicle by part-exchanging a 03 Ford Ka £1500 p/ex and the rest on finance (HP agreement). She has since rejected the car to the finance company (within 2 weeks) on the grounds that it was not as described but they state that the car must be faulty to be rejected and that the garage should be given opportunity to
  12. Well we attended the store yesterday where the store told us that they think that it was half their fault, half ours. They said that they are prepared to meet us halfway on materials to do the rest of the room based on that. However, they state that they can't do anything about the fitters fee (who have already been paid £40 for laying just the kitchen - which was meant to be for the whole room including the kitchen) which is £99 and an additional fee for the glue to stick the vinyl down (which we already paid for originally). They got back to us this morning to state that they cannot do
  13. Hey all, Just wanted some advice having today prepared my open-plan living room/kitchen for the Fitters to come fit my brand new vinyl at £24.99 a square metre from Carpet Right. I was given a quote 2 weeks ago having provided my own measurements for the space needing covering. I bet you can guess where this led to... The measurements I gave in store were calculated in the salespersons magic calculator and gave a price - that was accepted a few days later having got permission from our landlord. The fitters arrived today with a nice roll of vinyl.. that was only large enough for
×
×
  • Create New...