Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

1 Follower

  1. Well done. What on earth were they counter claiming for? Have I missed something in the thread? Flyingdr
  2. HI Tal Yes, an Ip camera will allow a pc to monitor it, so long as a network exists. The internet is just an extension of that nework to the greater world outside. There are many places to get a camera. I know of a company in Edgware Road, London called Henrys. Google them and I am sure they will come up. There are many companies. I think some of the larger DIY stores do home CCTV kits as well. There are alse specialist suppliers, just serch for CCTV in you location via Google. Hope that helps
  3. Aren't most business owners.!! You have to be these days. There are very practical reasons for most decisions. I had to impose ban on holiday periods for certain times of the year Mid Feb to Easter (March or April) Mid Sept to Mid Nov. The odd day off was not a problem subject to work loads during these periods. Also we had a clause that said three days of your holiday entitlement must be reserved for the the three days between Christmas and new year when the company did not operate apart from emergency cover. It is best to get these clear and up front. These were all detailed at interview stage and in the offer letter along with the mains terms and conditions of employment.
  4. They don't have to honour it unless they have agreed out the outset. Some companies have a policy of no holidays longer than 2 weeks in one go without prior arrangement / consent. You really should tell them of your prior arrangement and let them decide how to handle it. Best be clear upfront
  5. I'm not religious but 'there but for the grace of god go I" Should that be a capital G in god?! I wish I hadn't done silly things in the past. All the best for your good an honourable intentions though
  6. There is no reason why they should not have paid you what is due. If an employer is not given a P45 then you'll be asked to sign a P46 making a declaration that this is your only job. This gets sent to the tax office of the employer who will then receive a tax code for you. At worst you'll be taxed on emergency code or Basic rate in the short term. This means for every pound you earn you'll pay tax on it without any allowances. This will sort itself out when the employer receives notice from the tax office as to your correct tax code. You could call your tax office and ask for a new tax code to be sent.
  7. Taking it as holiday is better than taking it as unpaid leave. If you were an employer would you want to have to pay someone for not turning up? I know it wasn't your fault but it was not the employers either. If the situation was reversed:- If the employer had to close the business for a few days, for whatever reason, and said don't come in would you still expect to be paid? Rightly so, it's not your fault you cannot work.
  8. Hi Mighty mouse. Agreed it is still theft but - it is proving it. We all know it was wrong what the driver did and he should be brought to 'book' but it just isn't going to happen unless he admits it. He took more than he was supposed to so why would he admit it, even if you could trace him. I think a lot of cash machines have cameras these days. You could ask the police to request an image from the bank/ cash machine owner.
  9. Cancel the card with the bank and ask for a new card and new pin. Tell the police but do not expect to get anything other than a crime reference number. It would be your word against his. You did give him the card and number after all didn't you!!!! Lesson learnt!!
  10. In the circumstances you describe I think you'll be p***ing in the wind in bringing any action against the seller. If I was you I would write this off to a lesson learnt. It will cost you £ 30 odd for an action, then an allocation fee, he /she won't attend court or it will be ignored. You'll then have to pay for a warrant of execution to enforce any judgement you may get. They will have moved or be in rented and nothing to take. It will have cost you about £ 160 in fees and a lot of time. Sorry for no better ideas or suggestions
  11. I would try a slightly different approach. Perhaps write to all parties concerned. Hotel Owner, Security company (if outsourced) hotel management. Some hotels are managed by a large company but they do not 'own' the hotel. Ask them if they are prepared to do anything. Is / was the door faulty, have they done any remedial work to the door following the incident, i.e repair a faulty close. Or go on the attack and accuse them of negligence, they will defend but you could try the small claims track if the claim is below £ 5000, or if the watch was worth more, limit your claim to £ 5000. They may settle or give you an ex gratia payment or a further free stay. Not sure how big the chain is your talking about. If it's large copy the the chairman. Might be worth a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  12. No Having the terms and conditions to hand makes it a little difficult to know what your rights are. Ask for a copy from the finance company. There should be someone here that can help as to your normal rights.
  13. Interesting comments. I purchased a bed through them ( Sleepright) The interesting thing is they said they would need to be paid in full before they would place the order with the supplier. I used their interest free credit facility. They said they would not place the order until the payment had been received from the finance company!! I assume the finance company would not release funds until they had supplied and delivered the bed. I paid a 10% deposit with payments to start after delivery. Is there something going on at Carpret right. Media - Read the Latest News | Carpetright PLC Lord Harris of Peckham, Chairman and Chief Executive, said: “UK market conditions have continued to be difficult. Since our last trading update on 23 March, sales have been slightly below our expectations and we anticipate the year ahead to remain challenging. “Our businesses in The Netherlands and Belgium continue to trade well and have now returned to like-for-like growth.” Carpetright will make its results announcement for the financial year 2009/10 on Tuesday 29 June 2010.
  14. In either telephone (make a note of when and who you spoke to) and follow up in writing. Or Send a letter detailing what and why you dispute. Send a letter to the address you know them at or to the registered address if a company.
  15. Hi DJ67 There is a duty to consult with all people affected. Employers have to be seen (and should actually do) consider all possible options (short time working, part time working, job share, etc. ) before making redundancy. Just because you're pregnant does not exclude you from being part of the consultation and any meeting can be part of the Keep in touch days (where you get paid) I am no great expert or banana in all this. A pregnant employee can still face compulsory redundancy -Yes. The employer would need to tread very very carefully as their are certain rights all over the place. There would have to a genuine need and reason.
  • Create New...