Jump to content

hobbes67

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    15
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About hobbes67

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. At this point, I have CCA'd MBNA and have received no reply (it's been over a month). If they sell the debt to a DCA, what happens then? Would I need to CCA the DCA, and would they then shift it back to MBNA? Or would MBNA no longer be responsible for the CCA, full stop? Does having your debt sold to a DCA destory your CCA trump card?
  2. At this point, I have CCA'd MBNA and have received no reply (it's been over a month). If they sell the debt to a DCA, what happens then? Would I need to CCA the DCA, and would they then shift it back to MBNA? Or would MBNA no longer be responsible for the CCA, full stop? Does having your debt sold to a DCA destory your CCA trump card?
  3. Thanks for that clarification, SB100. I've CCA'd them long ago and still no response. In terms of the CCA, what would happen if MBNA sold the debt on to a collector? Would the unanswered CCA have any impact on the collector?
  4. Anyone have any idea on what MBNA means when they say they may write off my accounts as bad debt?
  5. After further consideration, I may just rock the boat. I still haven't had any response from my CCA requests, but did just receive an interesting letter which I'm not sure how to interpret. It states: "Unless you call to make payment arrangements, your MBNA accounts (MBNA and Abbey) will be written-off as bad debt. This will not release you from your obligation to repay your total debt of £££. "In addition to a Default being registered on your credit file, you should consider the consequences if we seek a CCJ, which may include a charging order or an attachment of earnings
  6. Any advice on how best to proceed? By the way, Abbey has also come through with a request for my budget spreadsheet, as did MBNA.
  7. Hi folks. I had this posted in another section and they suggested I post it here for your sage advice. First of all, I'm new to all this, so please forgive me if my questions are naive. In sum, I'm having financial difficulties and have been unable to meet the required payments for my MBNA and Abbey CCs. I CCA'ed them both after getting adivce from this site, using the recommended template, etc. It's now been 21 days since they received my requests and they have not sent any documentation. However, after also sending them an offer of a reduced monthly payment of £10 each
  8. Thanks for the advice, as always. As you suggest, I'll post this over on the General Debt Issues board and see what they have to say. Still have not received the CCAs from MBNA and Abbey and it's been 21 days since they received my requests.
  9. Do you folks think I should send MBNA a list of all my creditors and the balances owed, as they are requesting with my budget info? I'm pretty uneasy about that.
  10. Well, the MBNA and Abbey CCAs have not yet turned up, but there are still two days to go to make the 14-day mark. However, after also sending them an offer of a reduced monthly payment, MBNA has written back to me stating: 1) They appreciate my situation and are willing to discuss a level of repayment that would be acceptable to them -- and that their reduced payment programme would be recorded on my credit file for the life of the account and 6 years afterwards. 2) I should phone their debt management team with details of income, expenditures and the names of all my other credi
  11. Phew, that's a major relief! I didn't think that a bank holding an unsecured loan could force the sale of property, but after reading through various threads around the CAG website I wasn't so sure. It seems like there are instances where a bank can get a court order to make you sell your property or at least guarantee them a piece of the action when/if the property is sold in order to recover an unsecured debt. I've seen it described as a "charge against the home". Maybe I just got confused and muddled up the info I read. I just got confirmation that my CCA letters were received by MBNA
  12. I own my house and pay a mortgage -- I do not rent. Even though I am making token payments to MBNA and Abbey while waiting for the CCAs (£10 each per month), is it possible that they could take me to court and force me to sell my home? Could they do it even though I am faithfully paying them my token payments every month? Sorry for my ignorance here.
  13. Many thanks. I'm waiting to hear back now and will go from there. Has anyone had luck in getting debt written off from MBNA or Abbey? Do they usually respond with valid CCAs to requests? I opened my accounts with them back in 2004.
  14. Hi everyone. I've just joined this forum and have been reading through all the posts on CCAs. I've recently fallen into financial hardship due to redundancy and have taken a lesser job to make ends meet. Unfortunately I have a large credit card debt (about £20k) and I am no longer able to pay the monthly payments, but have been making token payments instead. It doesn't look like my job/financial situation will be changing any time in the near future. Based on the recommendations of this forum, I've just sent off two letters based on the recommended template requesting CCA info to my
×
×
  • Create New...