Jump to content

boggler

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About boggler

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks. The latest is that I was promised that a named person would call me back on Tuesday afternoon. I never received the call. So I called around 4:30 and was told that unfortunately she had to go home early. However, she would definitely be in on Wednesday and that she would call me with an update. Her manager had even been cced in. Wednesday came and went without a call. So, I called this morning. Apparently she was on another call but would call me back within the hour. This time I did get a call back. Not from the rep as she had to go home as she was unwell again but a specialist who said he had taken personal charge of the case to get it resolved adn he will be back in touch with me by the end of the day. I also mentioned to him that in the meantime I had had a reply from Sir Adrian Montague's office who said that he had asked for the relevant department to look into this as a matter of urgency! ( I emailed both him and Andy Briggs late on Monday) Hopefully, this will get the wheels moving. I will take your advice though and record the phone call. I am fearing though that it will be another holding message i.e. "thsi will take 10=15 days to resolve etc, etc." I will update though!
  2. Thanks. Yes, I made one complaint but I am guessing they marked it as resolved when they paid me the £100 compensation after they thought the policy encashment money had been sent out earlier this month. I have put in another complaint since the encashment money went missing though.
  3. I have an ex Friends Life with profits investment bond now under the ownership of Aviva. This was transferred to me by my mother. Over the past three years I have made a number of successful partial withdrawals on the policy without issue. This all changed when in early September of this year, I submitted another partial encashment for £3000. After not receiving the money within 10 days I contacted Aviva and was told that due to a technical issue sufficient units could not be cancelled to action a payout. Therefore, the process was delayed. To exacerbate, the issue, I had a building project which was underway and tradesman and materials need to be covered. Towards the end of September I decided to encash and cancel the whole policy. I was reliably assured that this would not be hindered by ‘the technical issue as it was a full encashment. I submitted a claim for a full encashment for £28000. Once again, after 10 days I still had not received my funds I contacted Aviva. This time it was claimed that I needed to submit certified copies of my passport and bank statement despite Aviva having paid out in the past from the policy to my bank account, Aviva suddenly needed to check my documents. I had these stamped by the bank on Friday 12th October and sent them off. On Friday 19th October, I was assured that all was fine and that the payment was on the way. Having not heard further I again phoned on Wednesday 24th October only to be told that actually the payment was delayed again as they needed on the verification documents, the contact details of the person at the bank who stamped the documents. I would therefore have to resubmit new verification documents again. Even at that stage I felt that the handling of the matter was unacceptable especially with different customer agents giving confusing and contradictory assurances and information. However, I resubmitted new verification documents this time stamped with contact details of the person verifying them. On Wednesday 31st October, I was informed that the documents had now been verified and payment would now be authorised the next day and sent out. On Tuesday 6th November I phoned Aviva again to check on the progress of this payment. I was told that the payment had just been authorised but it would be with me in “3-5 working days” By Tuesday 13th November I still had not received any money I contact Aviva, yet again. I was informed that the payment was definitely on the way and I should contact my bank to see if it was coming through. On Friday 16th November, Aviva finally admitted that there may be a problem and that my money could be missing. My bank told me not to worry and that they could trace it if given a payment reference number. Despite requesting this on both Friday and today, the Aviva/Friends Life call centre have been extremely reluctant to furnish me with this simple information which would help Barclays easily trace the money. Today it is Monday 19th November and a payment that I was due to originally receive on September 15th is still delayed with no one seemingly knowing where it is. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I have lost all faith in the ex-Friends life branch of Aviva and am starting to suspect there has been a misappropriation of funds. Two weeks ago, I was offered and given £100 compensation for the stress and inconvenience caused by the initial delays but I think any objective person would agree that in the circumstances, £100 is extremely paltry compensation. In short, you have to remember that the original request was submitted in early September. We are now in late November and I still have not received any of the money from the policy (apart from the £100 compensation!) Also, I needed that money to pay bills and tradesmen as soon as possible. The two-month payment delay has led to me having to resort instead to credit cards to pay for my £50000 renovation project as the builders became fed up with my excuses as to why their labour and materials had still not been paid for. The cost of this interest has been astronomical. This has been so stressful, but I believe I can’t take this to the financial ombudsman until Aviva close the matter (?) so any suggestions would be very much welcome.
  4. Hi, Thanks for the advice above. The insurance company (Sun Alliance it turns out AA are just the broker) have confirmed that the independent investigator concluded that there was no damage on my car and the scratches on their car could not have been caused by me. He also has digital photos to prove this. However, they have been in touch with the 3rd party's insurer again and apparently the claimant has sent in a USB stick with other evidence purporting to show their damage was caused by me. However, Directline have not looked at the USB stick yet! From SA's point of view unless they have CCTV evidence it would never override that of an independent investigator. However, until they look at the USB stick my file unfortunately has to remain open and I have to renew at the increased rate. Any further advice would be most welcome as they renewal date is 28th May!
  5. Thanks, I will follow your advice and update you!
  6. Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help. Last August, I was rung by The AA my insurance company and informed that a 3rd party had alleged that I had driven into their parked car in our cul-de-sac and then driven off having caused damage to their car. The 3rd party also had an independent witness to the incident. After they mentioned the car in question, I knew the house that had made the claim and also realised that the 3rd party and the independent witness were at the same address! I knew that this incident had not occurred and that essentially they were trying to find a cheap way to replace their battered old car (which incidentally has not been replaced and is still full of dents and scratches all over it) I told the insurance company that no such incident had taken place. They sent out an independent investigator who looked at my car and verbally agreed he could see no damage. I then heard nothing more until I received my astronomical renewal quote. I then contacted The AA and they said it was because the claim was still outstanding on my file. They woman I spoke to assured me that they would do their best to get it closed asap. My question is essentially: What can I do? The insurance is due for renewal at the end of this month and unless this is resolved by then, I guess I could be held to ransom to renew at this eyewatering figure? It all seems very unfair and as I hear nothing more since last August, I thought the matter had been resolved and the AA had realised that this was a [problem]. Any advice would be most welcome Thanks
  7. The reason given is that some of our activity is not aligned to the future targets of the company and also some activities are not meeting the organisation's KPIs. We are in a Union but it is not very effective!
  8. Thanks for the replies, Yes, I was more concerned about the indirect consequences. It is interesting Becky that you say there is no protection against poor treatment. Surely, the employee would be protected fro many direct consequences such as being treated inferiorly to someone who did not sign the petition?
  9. Hi, I work in a large organisation of 500 employees where management is planning to reduce activity in our section and half the work force of our section from 20 members to 10. As a result, someone has decided to organise a petition of all 500 of the workers in the organisation asking management for an end to job losses and instead to negotiate an alternative plan with our section. I have argued that anybody who signs such a petition could find themselves in trouble with management but other people seem to think that any direct consequences such as dismissal or maltreatment would be illegal. I would be interested for any thoughts on this matter!
  10. Th\nks for that advice. Much appreciated. What kind of time limit should I give it? It has been 3 weeks now since I cancelled the booking.
  11. I did it by mastercard credit card? Is there hope? Thanks for any advice
  12. Hi, I booked a reasonably expensive hotel in the Maldives via ebookers which required a refundable deposit. Unfortunately, plans have changed and I had to cancel the hotel booking. They have promised a refund of my deposit but 3 weeks later no deposit has yet appeared on my credit card statement despite me emailing them repeatedly. What are my options?
  13. Thanks for the comments and I appreciate the points made. I haven't made the application to HR yet so no nothing is official and yes I take your point EmployLaw about wording it carefully. Luckily, it would seem from other colleagues reports that HR don't necessarily back management blindly and so I might get some good advise from them prior to making the application. Ultimately, I have a young family so if they do force me I will do as they say. I just hope they don't seek retribution in future.
×
×
  • Create New...