Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


2 Neutral
  1. This topic was closed on 10 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. I know someone else who applied for a court transcript a couple of years ago, it works out about £500 per day for the transcript and will take months. If you were thinking of any further court action then you would need the whole transcript of every day if you want to dispute what a judge said - and another judge will always try to stick up for his colleague!!! It often happens that many Judges will hear the same case especially if there are periods between hearings, its not important what Judges name is on the paperwork for it to be legal.
  3. I am trying to find out how to do an appeal as a lay person to the Queens Bench Division? Basically my friends partner is in prison and a POCA case is due in a few months, they CPS are looking for crazy money or do 15 years in jail extra. Due to a breakdown between the solicitors and the client the court wont allow a transfer of Legal Aid to a new firm as its costing the public purse!! Now Legal Aid is withdrawn my friend is trying to find out how to help him by making an appeal to the Queens Bench Division as Legal Aid Rules clearly say it can be transferred if the relationship breaks down. The judge has said he has to represent himself (hes not English and its an impossibility), he would pay privately but the accounts are frozen. I had done an internet search but cant find any information anywhere and was wondering if anyone can help even with just the form to send the appeal to the Queens Bench Division. Any help appreciated. Thank you
  4. But if they are both working then can the court order monies to be deducted from their wages to repay debts?
  5. The property was rented unfurnished, they have purchased a whole load of brand new furniture since moving in, its still all quite new so to speak, their TV is much larger and better than mine. If the hold off on chasing the rent till they are gone do I still have to go back to court to get permission again? Thank you for your advise.
  6. I am thinking over what you said about restarting again. The county court has ordered the eviction and the date has expired so that wont need to be redone. Do you now mean to put in a new application to the county court to take to High Court along with the arrears of rent and the court charges? Seems they have no intention of paying any more rent and would love to get the bailiffs to state on the enforcement that there is outstanding rent as then they wont get rehoused by the Council which is what they are after. It costs around £130 that I had to pay last week to the courts for the enforcement.
  7. I couldnt go with the HCEO as they were not over £600 in arrears at that time. Now they havent paid any rent at all which is £650 a month and I can put on arrears charges @ £25 a month for 6 months and court fees so it brings it much higher. The HCEO charges were also quite expensive and they could give no guarantee that they would recover them and I would need to go back for two more court applications before they could do anything. They want another £400 in court fees and their charges on top. Can I still change it to an HCEO now? The County Court has been paid for enforcement action. They both work and have salaried jobs, he drives a car as well.
  8. I have gone back to court to apply for enforcement action last week. Now the tenants wont pay the rent at all and are living free. Along with court fees, late rent charges they owe me roughly £1,600. Can I issue a Statutory Declaration (I think thats what its called) to try and force them to pay up? I really need the money to cover the mortgage. Thanks
  9. It seems to be the way council housing works now, you have to be evicted to get a place. They could have got a place months ago if they want too just looking for cheap rent when they can afford more.
  10. The court hasnt said how long it will take just I have to fill in another form and pay more charges. Great life it isnt.
  11. No they make sure they pay the rent - albeit late up to 2 weeks every month. Housing told them if they get in arrears they wont rehouse them.
  12. No mine have made it very clear they want the bailiffs as its the only way to get a council house now for many.
  13. The Section 21 was issued in February and expired in April. The possession order was issued 21 July and expired 30 August 16. Needs to go to Bailiffs now to be enforced.
  14. I have the possession order, they havent paid my costs or left the house, need to take next step now but not sure which way to go?
  • Create New...