Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About Darren007

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks raydetinu I have secured the deposit. I have a report and it advises that it was more than likely caused by the previous occupants. I also have inventories of the property before and after. When the tenants, they left it in a filthy condition.
  2. Hello Need some general advice on this. Had problems with previous tenants who left the pace in a pig sty. New tenants moved in and we discovered we have an infestation of bedbugs. Have changed all the beds as advised and fumigated property. Can I claim the cost of the replacement beds and fumigating from the previous tenants? I have their deposit.
  3. I desperately need some help to understand how Section 75 works. I paid part of a Solicitors bill by credit card for services rendered to my wife (the services was in their name but paid for by me as a primary cardholder). My wife is a secondary cardholder on my credit card account. We discover some 2 months later that the Solicitors had misrepresented my wife and charged for services that they had failed to provide. I have sought to make a claim against my credit card with documentary evidence but they are now citing that they are not liable as the service was for my wife's benefit.
  4. Hi Johnymitch Can you tell me how move this post to the Insurance section? I can't figure it out. Thanks
  5. Really, what happened? Mine is a London branch. Have you resolved your claim yet? Would love to hear more about yours. The Fenz
  6. Hi Legalpickle 1. Contract was signed in March and contract has been terminated. 2. Success was limited but we are not disputing this. 3. They have claimed some £2000 odd for expenses which are in fact office expenses and business furniture. Not disbursements or if so, very limited. e.g office filing cabinet, milk, tea bags, toilet paper, washing up liquid etc.
  7. This is the original agreement:- Dear Tracy Further to our discussion, please find below the revised fee structure for the next seven months. XXXX Publicists will charge the following: March at £1500, April, May and June at £2000 a month, July and August at £1500 a month and September at £2000. As in the previous letter our international fees start at £2000 per month, and the revised fee of £1500 for July and August normally applies when the agency is employed to focus solely on UK activity. XXXX Publicists for this revised fee will oversee activity undertaken for the E
  8. I'm not sure if I am posting this question in the right area but I need some help on Contract Law. My wife instructed a firm of publicists to carry out some work in 2008 and she is having major problems with them. They have been charging her disbursements which are in fact office expenses and business furniture(like toilet rolls, etc). This only came to light this month after we challenged them to prove the expenses hey are claiming. They have also increased her fees without her monthly fees without seeking her permission. They have now argued that they have had previous dealin
  9. I had almost a similar thing happen to me 6 or 7 years ago and ended up taking the Car Hire company to court (and won!). Firstly, you have not accepted liability and they should have obtained estimates for the cost of repair which would need to be agreed by you(thats what my company told me they would do). Ask to see the estimate and report the matter to your Card company.
  10. Hi I issued proceedings on line on 16 Dec and deemed as served on 21 Dec. Mailed POC on 29 December and sent by fax on 3 January. Other party have received docs but not filed a defence. They have acknowledged service. Deadline for filing defence is tonight but they have not done so. Do I have to take the 28 days from the date the POC was received (3 Jan) or the date on the Court letter (21 Dec). Any assistance appreciated.
  11. Forgot to mention that Tenants have issued proceedings against me in my name, using a company name that has nothing to with me and my address. e.g. Darren XXX YYY Fashions LImited - This company name has nothing to do with me. London Have asked that they correct the Claim form and notify the Court but they refuse to respond. Any help appreciated. Cheers Darren
  12. I rented out my flat to a couple for 2 years who have damaged my wooden flooring by gouging the floors in about 6 seperate areas in the hallway, lounge and bedroom. They are trying to argue that they are not liable but cannot offer an explanation how the damage came about. I offered to settle that they pay a reduced sum to cover the damage to finish things off but they have now issued proceedings against me. I'm not sure if I have grounds to ask the Court that they produce a fully pleaded POC or have the case struck out. I list below what they wrote on the claim form. I have already
  13. Hi Need some help. Had some problems with Camden Council over their failure to repair a roof. Accidentally, I issued proceedings on line for the wrong amount (it was very late at night!). I am about to send my Particulars of Claim by post to them but can anyone advise how I amend my Claim to the correct amount. Do I need to make an N244 application? If so, can anyone guide me as to what I have to write on the form? Do I send it back to Northampton County Court? Thanks Darren
  14. I am in exactly the same situation with Halifax. Received 2 letters stating I was in arrears of £3000 when in fact I over pay my mortgage every month by £200 to try and clear it off. PLease keep us update wit what is happening with you. Darren007
  15. I have a 2 bed flat which I let out. I am a leaseholder. My tenants notified me of a leak from the roof back in July 08 and I notified the Freeholder who has done diddly squat about it despite repeated reminders. Tenants now want to leave and I have offered to have the roof repaired and all internal damage and take the Feholder to Court over costs. Builder is going in to repair today and work will take 8 days ncluding internal repaisr. Have offered tenants another of my flats to stay in for duration of works or have offered to pay for a hotel. Internal damage in flat is limited to bathroo
  • Create New...