Jump to content

WayneH

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

  1. Thanks for all your help. I passed on the advice and she found a solicitor who is willing to take a look at the situation and hopefully advise. She is on working tax credits so some turned her away saying that they dont do legal aid. She also got turned away from 3 in our local area due to "conflict of interests", i presume he is registered with these so they are not willing to take on a case against the guy. Again, thanks fingers crossed for good news for her.
  2. Hhhmm, sounds exactly like her situation. He has been diagnosed with various mental illnesses, and had tried to kill himself various times. She couldn't cope with it anymore so thats why she decided to split. Now ofcourse (as you said too) he is bitter and wants to cause as much damage to her life as he can. He even key'd the side of her car on new years eve Could you expand on what an "order for sale" is? Thanks for everyones input on this, we appreciate it
  3. Having spoken to her, it sounds like that is what she wants to do (Get out and let him have the house). This will save her being blacklisted, correct?
  4. The children are from a previous marriage so they do not factor into it. She is planning a divorce, this year. I'm just a little astounded that the law would allow someone to become blacklisted in this kind of situation. She doesn't pay the mortage anymore because she doesn't live there and needs all of her earnings to put a roof over their heads.
  5. Hi guys, I am turning once again to you guys for help, although this time it is for a family member. The situation is that an inlaw recently seperated from her husband of about 6yrs. They lived in a nice detached house and had a joint mortgage in both of their names. When they split, she moved into a rented property with her daughters, untill their house sold. The problem is, that the husband will not lower the price of the house, and it is not selling. It has been up for sale now for about a year. The problem with this, is that he is not paying the mortgage on it (or is not paying it all - She has been receiving letters from the mortgage company). Apparently it is not far enough into arrears to warrant repossession, but she has been told by the mortgage company that she needs to pay £1600 within the next week. As far as I understand, BOTH owners need to agree on a price to sell the house. He refuses to do this and has told her that he will "take her down with him" (His exact words). Being a single mum with young children, she cannot afford to go through a solicitor. Can anybody suggest information or advice that I might be able to pass on to help her out? Thanks in advance, Wayne
  6. Well alot has cracked off since my last post, alot of lying and extremely poor customer service on their part to be vague. They Finally booked me an engineers call for Saturday morning, and told me to expect them between 8am and 11am. Great! I rang my boss and told him I will not be nipping into work on Saturday (Not a huge deal, it was only overtime). 11am saturday morning came and no engineer Rang them up and apparently there was never any engineer booked for my account! (extremely annoyed by this stage). They kept trying to persuade me to let them book an engineer for next week but I was having none of it. I had already taken a day off work so I demanded one for today, to which they kept saying there are no spaces. I told them I would hang on the line untill they found one! I logged a formal complaint through their Official complaints proceedure and finally made it to the "complaints manager" (-yeah right). I remained on the phone with this person for nearly 2hours demanding that my problem be sorted out today. They do not seem to be allowed to put the phone down on you, and I think I was annoying them quite alot! At the end of it, they changed their story and told me that they can infact see that an engineer was booked, but he went to the exchange, and not my house. They said that some work will be carried out Saturday afternoon and to see what it was like tomorrow. I am now receiving a connection speed of 2mbps with which I am VERY happy (its not great but coming from 0.3mbps it feels fast) It saddens me that I had to take such action but I was not standing for their lies and ill tactics anymore. Winner!
  7. They have upped my IP Profile to 750kbps. Even though I told them I still wouldn't receive over the DOWNSTREAM rate. I am now hitting 350kbps.....Unnacceptable.
  8. Well as expected I got home and the broadband is no different. I rang up BT and they told me that there is "no record of any line test being carried out before (ie last night)". We have to go through all the motions again, doing the line test and then waiting for BT to get in touch within 48hrs. The guys is now saying that my line can take no more than 560kbps (0.5mbps). This is unacceptable to us, but furthermore we are being "perminently throttled" by our IP PROFILE to a measly 135kbps (although it does sometimes go up to 250kbps). Does anybody have any idea of an agle I can approach this to get out of this contract? Is it even possible? Help!
  9. *Update* I have received a phone call on my mobile - MUCH to my surprise. The engineers have carried out work on my line to eliminate a fault they detected on it when they ran their line tests. they have said that I should notice significant speed increases within a 24hr time period. They also said if I do not notice a satisfactory increase, to ring them back and the reference number will allow them to do yet more work. I'm not holding up my hopes, but its a good sign that they have actually gotten back to me. I will report back when I get home to test the connection. Fingers crossed.
  10. Firstly, thanks for everybodies input. Received and greatly appreciated. I have already tried everything, ranging from master resets on hardware, disabling firewalls, changing routers, filters, connecting through master socket, connecting through test socket (behind the master socket) and kicking the router. All to no avail. I am at work at the minute, but I have put my SNR into a calculator which says I should be receiving 4+mbps - I know this isnt an accurate figure but it also points out that there is a problem. Anyway, even though my dad has already gone through the motions with BT, I rang them up and began the process again. I decided to let them run it through their "esculation process" to assign an engineer to it. The indian lady on the other end of the phone ran through all the normal routine asking me to check this and that blah blah blah. I managed to remain calm as thankfully she was quite understanding and didnt make me carry out the tests whilst she was on the phone. She took a look at the past log on the account and immediately esculated it to an engineer, who will call me back within 48hrs. I asked for her name and a reference number just "in case" I dont hear back from them. Fingers crossed I can manage to sort it out. Will keep all informed.
  11. Hi Tez, thanks alot for your reply. I know, it is shocking that these speeds are what we are receiving. I am 100% certain that there is a problem, please see below my results from the BT Speedtester..... Your DSL connection rate : 384kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448kbps(UP-STREAM) IP profile for your line is - 135kbps Actual IP throughput achieved during this test was - 85kbps The first issue that jumps out and bites me is that our download speed is lower than our upload! Surely this indicates an error. On the subject of the overall area, and exchange distance, I have just moved back to this house (Family home), after living on a very nearby street. We have found out what exchange we are on before, and this house is infact CLOSER than my other house (In the other house we received speeds of 6.0+mbps). Due to this I honestly do not think this is the cause of the issue. I will go through the links you gave (Very much appreciated) and arm myself with information to send to BT. The problem is that we are tied into a contract with BT for another 11months. I am aware that they only specify "up-to" speeds, and from what I have heard, receiving a slow connection is not due cause to terminate the contract. We have talked about the issue, and decided that we do not mind paying for an engineer to come out to inspect the lines etc, run tests and hopefully pinpoint the problem so that it can be fixed. Thanks for all help. Wayne
  12. For some unknown reason, my house has always suffered from slow internet connection. We used to be on bulldog and we were running at about 1.5Mbps. We are now on BT again, and receive less than 0.5mbps. I have just ran a speed test (at Top 10 Broadband » Broadband Speed Test - Test Your Broadband Internet Speed) and it has come up at a pathetic 0.13mbps. What can I do?! BT say that the line cannot take anymore than this speed, but if we pay more money they will be able to supply us with higher speeds! This just doesnt sound right to me. Also if this is as fast as we can get, why were we receiving more speed on Bulldog? (All-be it still slow). Does anybody have any advice for me? Alot of the time I cannot even connect to the internet and it is driving me mad! All help welcome and appreciated Good day
  13. Send them the template in this thread, You will then receive a letter from Red saying that they have received it and they are conducting investigations. I havent heard another thing from them since. If they do give me "proof" of my debt I will be hitting Wescott with a S.A.R to get all my documents back. Any ideas Wescott will still have my documents on file? It was a good 4 or 5 years ago now.
  14. Due to another thread on this forum, I have found the company which I originally sent out all documents too. I'm hoping that if necessary I can somehow get them to send me ALL documents to re-arm myself? (It was "Wescott Credit" services)
×
×
  • Create New...