Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About rastinan

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Have had something very similar happen to me before. I actually got the company that I was undertaking the work for (due to it being a business critical project and me stating to them that I was going to have to look elsewhere due to not getting paid) to put some pressure on the employment agency who then put pressure on the umbrella company, and within a day or 2 of that happening I was paid in full (dont know where they found the money as like you they claimed they didnt have enough). Personally, I'd attempt that option first, and if that doesnt work out, as per what BankFodder said get
  2. Not saying that perplexity is wrong here, as they may very well be right, but as per section 2.18 of those same guidelines 'Sales by private individuals not acting for business purposes are not covered by the DSRs'. I realise that in the guidelines this is listed under the heading question of 'Auctions and the DSRs', however, as my neighbour recently found out she was left with no recourse when she decided that she no longer really needed an item that she purchased via Buy It Now on eBay from a private seller (the item hadn't as yet arrived to her house). Apparently she spoke to someon
  3. I would simply put to your director(s) that if this is something that you have signed previously, there should be no need for you to sign it again
  4. You're in a bit of a catch 22 here, as you do have a right to take your accrued holidays during your notice period, but in order to take those holidays, you have to have it approved by your employer.
  5. As Scarlet said, they are nothing to be too worried about. When I had mine (many years ago now) they asked me quite a few questions pertaining to family, relationships, etc. They also interviewed a number of family and friends, both ones I mentioned on the forms and ones that I didnt. Just be honest with any questions they ask and you'll be fine
  6. The information that Bigred has offered you there is spot on. Another thing that you would probably be asked to prove if you did attempt to take this to the Tribunal is if you've exhausted any other avenues. I realise you've already lodged a formal grievance, but attempting to continue to resolve the issue is something that personally I would continue to do. Have you spoken to your direct manager's manager or your HR team to discuss the issue to see if you can come an agreement whether that be some form of alternative arrangement or compromise? If this fails, another option is possible m
  7. I dont know if this has been looked at (sorry just skimmed through the posts), but what does the Company Car Policy actually say in regards to both standard and non standard cars? Are you made aware in the policy of where to find the information of what is standard and non-standard and the associated costs behind which you choose? If so, just because the car is not new does not mean that the new starter should be exempt from these costs Is there any other wording in the policy about trying to minimise costs to the employee by attempting to reassign the vehicle where possible? If so,
  8. It all comes down to what is in your contract. Unless stipulated in your contract, by law employers don't have to give you time off at all on bank holidays. Another thing that isn't really known by many people out there, is that unless its also stipulated in your contract, if your employer does give you time off on bank holidays, they are actually under no obligation to pay you for that time off. Whenever I sign a new contract, I always ensure that this is one of the things that is covered off.
  9. I think that the problem here is that HMRC do support the use of electronic payslips. As per their website in regards to the issuing of P60's "Even if you have been giving your employees electronic payslips, you must give your employees a paper form P60 at the end of the tax year. You must not, by law, give them P60 details electronically for them to print off." (See Guide to filing PAYE forms online and paying electronically, paragraph 6.15, at www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/mp2.pdf) The problem as I see it however, is not just if an email is seen as a written form of payslip, but as
  10. With contracts that contain restraint clauses such as the one that you signed, common law frowns upon them if they prevent a person from earning his/her living. However, if the circumstances justify the restraint, the courts will uphold it. There are a number of factors that a judge will consider if it comes down to legal proceedings, which are things such as a. the length of time of the clause - a restriction for 3 months such in your contract is more likely to be upheld by the courts than say something like 12 months. b. the type of business covered - in your example, a lot of recr
  11. From my experience, unless there is something in your contract stating that you will get some form of enhanced pay rate for working on the bank holidays and christmas day, unfortunately there isn't really much you can do about it, as it really is up to the employer to decide if they pay you above your basic rate for working those days.
  12. I'm definitely no expert in this field, but two key things that you mentioned in your last post was that the contract that you currently have does state your current grade and the amount of hours you work a week. In my opinion, that really is something that they shouldnt be able to change unless you've agreed to it.
  13. When parking in a private car park, the contract is between the person driving the car and the private company, which means that only the driver can be subject to the ticket. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I can see, if they don't know who the driver was, they really cant claim the penalty. Even though you own the car I dont believe that you are under any obligation to tell them who was driving the car either.
  14. The only way that you should have to pay child maintenance at all is if you ex (assuming she has the main custody of the children) applies for child maintenance. Once that occurs the CSA usually gathers details from both parties to determine what the pay rate if any will be. You can call up CSA and talk to your case worker about your situation, etc to find out any information such as where this money you owe came from, how the rate you pay was worked out, etc as they should have a full history of all payments. As far as the CSA sending bailiffs, they wont usually go that far, so dont
  15. In Australia, you can only return goods if either a) they are defective b) they aren't as described or c) if you let the salesperson know why you wanted the goods and the goods are not fit for the purpose you told the salesperson you wanted them for. Other than that, you are fairly much out of luck. Most stores, etc are fairly lenient when it comes to returns, in that if it is an item of clothing and they can see it hasnt been worn they will at the very least allow a return for exchange, your best bet is just to send an email off to them explaining the situation and see what they sa
  • Create New...