Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gregg500

  1. I've had a few probs over the last 12 months (understatment) well, one of the things that got dropped down the list was gas bill. It got to about £700 but i paid £300 thinking/hoping I'd get a bit of breathing space. Bottom line, got home one day about a month ago and....no gas. Clearly, there has been a court hearing that passed me by. Anyway, i have been putting a brave face and dealing with it. Told everyone, inc kids at weekend that boiler is broken. The letter stated i would need to pay about £1k to get back on which is just not feesible at moment. Does anyone know if
  2. dont have it with me. I will post monday. Have a good weekend
  3. Hi, well i think i can finally give a final reply to this advernture. Havent heard anything since court date from either lender or solicitor. I was begining to get concerned and my dread was getting home and finding a letter that said in my absence possesion had been granted. You may recall, i had called the court just before the hearing and then sent a fax confirming i had been told not to go to court by the solicitor as they would cancel. Well, a letter came yesterday and basically said that in my absence......and the absence of the claimant....i was free to go. What a re
  4. I think you are probably correct. I had a possible client who after months and months of chasing, decided they wanted to see us yesterday. As this is not the sort of thing you advertise as going through, i had to go to meeting but as i say, managed to fax the court and confirm that my fax was presented to judge. I was very concise in fax that i had been told not to attend and that the hearing would be cancelled. The reason that the solicitors gave on phone was that they were at court all day. What is the downside to an adjournment..assuming i keep up payments? None, i would assume?
  5. Hi, Just to let you know, i paid the money. The solicitors said i didnt need to go to court...so i didnt. I rang the court on the morning and they said it was still due to take place. I faxed a letter to judge explaining situation. The solicitors said that they needed to turn up to explain the situation as it was short notice and assured me that was all. I need a holiday!
  6. Thank you. Very very happy to assist in any way at all. All this got me thinking about the heartache some people must have gone through pre-internet days
  7. I think we are coming close to you being able to be shot of me. Just a last bit of advice. I have paid cash in and rang the solicitors. They have said to fax receipt over but they also said it wont show on Abbey records...which i find strange as it is a cash payment at about 11am. What am i asking for on fax? Am i asking for hearing to be stopped? Just want the correct terminology On another note, i opened a paypal account yesterday and will be giving donation as soon as i work out how to put money on my paypal account
  8. Hi, well, i have managed to raise the figure i was told would stop proceedings. I am going to pay this in as cash (hope i dont get mugged!) shortly. I will let you know when done.
  9. I called them directly and asked for arrears. The amount they gave was completly different to ones supplied on court papers. I am going to try and raise funds and pay into account today/tommorow. They have given me a figure that they say thay will stop proceedings if i pay in. There is a chance i may raise it
  10. Hi, as you may recall, i have a hearing on Wednesday. I have possibly managed to raise some funds. On the court form completed there seemed to be a lot of emphasis on whether i disputed figure owing. At the time, i didnt really think this something to quibble with and just said ...No. Now being in a position to potentially pay an amount that could stop the hearing, the amount owing seems very high. It looks like their costs have really affected the total amount owing. My arrears are about 3 - 4 months. According to their statement, i am about 8 months overdue. It appears they have re
  11. Well, all put in their mailbox. I did put the other form and was slightly concerned about a question regarding if the property was up for sale and if so, what price. I did complete it!! Anyway, i am semi hopefull of raising some money by Monday which should reduce arrears dramitically before hearing. I will keep you posted. Is there another way of sending a donation to you guys other than on-line. You have been immense in a very very stressful time. Thank you
  12. i live & work in different parts of the country. I can only hand deliver on my return this evening. No other way. I have just noticed another form - Personal Financial Declaration. It seems to be asking very similar questions to the defence form. I take it i do this one as well?
  13. I'm confused by the last bit. I have a date for hearing. Next wednesday.
  14. I can only get to court after 5pm owing to travel & work. Can you advise on the question regarding where i can live should they go ahead with re-possesion?
  15. I had a sale going through and was getting to exchange. I niavely thought exchange would happen before hearing...so, no i havent made a payment recently. I can probably get some money together pre-hearing. Just to confirm...the sale fell through
  16. i will. Just to confirm my other point about having the place on the market. Is it not conceivable that it may seem to be doing me a favour by taking property back and selling at auction? (which it is obviously not!) I'm just concerened about appearing to plead for time to sell property, may not be a good tactic
  17. Hi, I hadnt seen the last two responses. Thanks again for help. Is £150 p/m considered an acceptable figure for arrears of around £3k?
  18. I can afford to pay extra. It just takes better financial management on my behalf. I receive a large chunk of my pay via bonuses from projects. I need to input the figures before I can put a figure. The reason for current problem is that I have been forced to pay mothers mortgage on top of my own for about 18 months. I also pay maintenance for my two children. I have a slight concern that as I am trying to sell and selling is my way out of this problem, it may be deemed that actually taking the property away is doing me a favour. The issue for me is that there is a reasonably hefty depos
  19. OK, i have the forms back. I have to say that as the time gets near (its actually next wednesday) I am getting more and more jittery. Not had stomach feelings like this since i was at school) My solicitor dealing with potential conveyancing has supposedly written to lender requesting payment plan. However, she has not responded to my mails for about a week, so not sure if she has done and/or got a response. I am clinging to hope i can avoid morning in court. I guess i need to get this form back asap? Any tips?
  20. That is extremely kind of you. As mentioned, i have not recieved anything from the court. The only notification was from eversheds
  21. I am about 3 - 4 months overdue. I received a letter from Eversheds about 3 weeks ago dated April that they had applied to the court. The following day, i received another letter dated correctly with a court date (next week). I have not recieved anything from Court which i thought was odd. I can afford a repayment plan. I have the property up for sale and had an offer that was close to exchange until she pulled out last week. I naively thought if i had an offer on table, the proceedings would be stopped. The solicitor who was going to deal with conveyancing initially wrote to eversheds
  • Create New...