Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About leggy123

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Have drafted a letter to the Court and will deliver by hand tomorrow. Can I suggest within the letter to the court, that the order and notice of allocation to the fast track, be considered : Void, suspended, withdrawn,set aside,varied or stayed. Point 7 within the order talks about the right to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. Hope you reply soon so that I can complete my letter to send
  2. Thank you for your previous advice. Claim issue date 17th June 2008. Request for Information to Cabot dated 18th June 2008 Cabot wrote 28th June 2008 advising documents have been ordered and will be..as soon as available. Response from HMCS dated 3rd July 2008 "claimant must inform court within 28 days ...claim stayed..." My defence dated 2nd July stated amongst other things that we had not received the information requested. Things have moved on; I telephoned Northhampton Bulk Centre to enquire how my case was proceeding. They informed me that after receiving t
  3. I received a county court claim form on dated 17th June from Northhanpton Bulk Centre. Cabot as the claiment and I sent my defence back to the court all in the time specified. Cabot did not respond to any of my requests for documents , statements etc. I have heard nothing and rang the court yesteday and they informed me that nothing was happening with the claim. Cabot had not responded to my defence. What do I do next just sit and wait or can I report them to the Trading Standards. Please advise me.
  4. I have received the letter from CABOTS today , 1st July, deadline for response was tomorrow 2nd July. The letter from them is dated 28.06.2008 and states that they have "ordered all the documents available to us" and as soon as they arrive they will forward them to me, whenever that may be.. In the meantime their helpful customer advisors are available if we have any queries. Is this a blip on thier part to aid my defence in court?
  5. I am useing The Robinson's standard letter. I shall await the response from Cabot to my requests for information before I amend if need be and send off. I note that Cabot have referred to a loan with The Bank of Scotland. The copy of the loan agreement I have in my possession refers to the lender as Capital Bank PLC. Comments please?
  6. Thank you so much. I have plenty to get my teeth into. Will respond after I have digested it all!!
  7. Mislead you, the lower part of the agreement is blanked off so the document sent to me does not show signatures etc. No letter specifically stating that "I have defaulted and Count Court Action is to be taken".Just threats over the years more recently in April 08 Decided to defend action in full. Have made offers before to both assignees, stated "without prejudice", no response ,no counter offer.The £6,000.00 was just a thought as a settlement offer. As I say I am defending in full.I have made no offer in response to CC Claim form, or to Cabot since May 2008.There is no period six years
  8. Has anybody got any advice, will be defending my case in court. A week has passed since we i wrote to Cabot requesting Information. Heard nothing as yet.
  9. Date of original loan September 1997 Advance £15000 Insurance 1545.00 Charge £12542.50 The loan is in joint names and has been sold from original Capital Bank to Blair, Oliver, Scott and finally to Cabot on 11th July 2006 At the time I had financial difficulties and subsequently entered into an IVA arrangement in 1999 for these debts. I did not include the Capital Bank as this was joint, so that my husband was not involved. I was discharged successfully from the IVA. We had to inrease our mortgage to close the IVA. Repayments were made by my husband on the Capital Bank loa
  10. Loan unsecured taken out September 1997- (jointly )with royal Bank of Scotland. RBOS would have taken out a credit search and discovered other creditors at the time. amt £15000 Int. £12552.50 Ins £1545.00 Sold to Blair, Oliver , Scott Ltd and then to Cabot 11th July 2006 Pymts to date £11000 Last pymt made 2 yrs ago all by Husband, since then all correspondence addressed to me,Not joint. At time of loan I had other debts, not joint, which was resolved with an I.V.A. I(we) are paying off via enhanced mortgage. There were reasons for not wrapping up debt in the IV
  11. They already have found me .I have received a court order through stating I owe them £19000. The debt was for !5000 plus 15000interest.I have paid £11000 and have offered them a settlement figure of £5K, Not accepting it
  12. Not sure what you mean by phising? checked equifax and can't see anything there. Would my credit file still hold the debt to RBS of 1997 if stillowed? Many Thanks
  13. have been delving into my experian file , Application type:Unrecorded enquiry,,, Can they do this? Also the debt I refer to is 11yrs old and is no lnger on my credit file as outstanding debt. Why??
  14. I have posted the letter and just been to CAB. After waiting 2 hours, I eventually saw someone who really could not advise. She told me to ring Cabot because I had not received any acknowledgement regarding an offer to them. She told me that would put me in a better position in court. I said that the last thing we wanted was a charging order and she was n't sure if they could do that, I know they can and that's what I want to avoid. We would like to settle out of court and offer a settlement but they don't want that. they seem to be after the full amount £19000, which agaim may I stress is all
  • Create New...