Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About symphony63

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thank you very much. Is this what (as amended) stands for? or is this not the LLA 1996 but a different act
  2. Whilst making representations against a bus lane PCN I read through the London Local Authorities Act 1996. I came across something very interesting and I would like to put it to our experts here in the forums. In SCHEDULE 1 Paragraph 2 (4) © states the following: (4) The grounds referred to in sub-paragraph (1) above are— © that at the time the alleged breach of such order or regulations took place the recipient was not in charge of the vehicle. PATAS read this paragraph as written on their website http://www.patas.gov.uk/tmaadjudicators/grounds_buslanes.htm The person wh
  3. Yes he did speak, the driver apologized and drove off straight away. The CEO couldn't have had a chance to even begin writing the PCN. The only way I could see it is that he wrote the VRM as the driver drove away or he had written it before he spoke to the driver.
  4. He could have recorded the details after I drove off. The driver was actually sitting in the car when the CEO arrived on the scene. I always thought that the duty of a CEO is to tell the driver to move, first, if there is no driver or the driver is unwilling to move then he can write a PCN. In my case he first gave a shouting to the driver and behaved very unreasonable to the driver. I don't he had started to write only after the driver drove off.
  5. Can someone please give me the definition of "a civil enforcement officer had begun to prepare a penalty charge notice for service". At what stage is begun to prepare. Cheers
  6. I think this is another reference to the same Local Government Finance Act 1992 (c. 14) SCHEDULE 4 Enforcement: England and Wales Termination of proceedings 17 (1) Regulations under paragraph 1(1) above may provide that in a case where— (a) proceedings under the regulations have been taken as regards the recovery of any sum mentioned in paragraph 1(1) above; and (b) the outstanding amount is paid or tendered to the authority to which it is payable; the authority shall accept the amount, no further steps shall be taken as regards its recovery, and any pe
  7. Thank you for your reply. Please do find the relevant Acts and the exact references. I'll try to find it myself but together we might find it quicker. Good Luck
  8. The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 PART VI p. 45 (3) If, before any goods are seized, the appropriate amount (including charges arising up to the time of the payment or tender) is paid or tendered to the authority, the authority shall accept the amount and the levy shall not be proceeded with. I think this refers to an offer made to the council whereby the council has to accept that. Your opinions please
  9. I did as you advised and this is the reply I received from Haringey by email. I must inform you that your Council Tax arrears will remain with Newlyn for collection. Recovery action was taken on your Council Tax Account as you failed to make payments according to the instalment plan outlined in your Council Tax Bill dated 28/02/2009. Your first payment was due on 01/04/2009 for £153.14, followed by monthly instalments of £149.00 up to and including 01/01/2010. A Reminder Notice was issued on 16/04/2006 which clearly stated that the instalment arrears of £153.14 was payable within te
  10. Very interesting I just got a letter through the door from JBW for an unpaid PCN. I checked the Bailiff name on the register ....and you guessed right he's not there. So I decided to check JBW. I tried "JBW Enforcement Ltd" nothing came up. I then decide to check in companies house the legal name. I had the company number on the letter. The name in companies house came up as "J.B.W. GROUP LIMITED" again not on the register. What can you guys help me with that? PS phoned the OFT and it appears JBW don't have a Consumer Credit License.
  11. they cannot force entry into your property. Contact the council and speak to them before you talk to the bailiff company. Did you ever get a magistrate liability order for that council tax? if not tell the council that and they have to take the debt back and negotiate with you. For more info check this site. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/58550-council-tax-bailiffs-43.html
  12. Thank you for your advice echowitch. I did what you told me. I also fired off a letter to Haringey similar to the 1 you wrote and emailed it to them. I got an out of office reply and it had the council tax dept phone number on it, so I was a bit wiser, at least I had a number (not from customer services). I phoned 2 days later and got a nice guy on the phone. It was a completely different attitude. I had made a payment online keeping to the offer in the letter and that made a difference too. It shows that you are serious with your offer. I am now awaiting the outcome and will keep you post
  13. echowitch I tired to do what you said and phoned Haringey council, in my case. I got thru to customer services and they would not put me thru to anyone in Council Tax dept. I wrote them a letter with the info you put on this site and my current situation. Today I received a letter from the council that they are "unable to make an arrangement with me, as the liability order has been passed to Newlyn bailiffs for collection. Please note that once accounts have been passed to the bailiffs, the Council will not intervene in the enforcement process and you will have to negotiate with
  14. symphony63

    MBNA Online

    After 3 months I received my CCA and it was an application online. It therefore did not require a signature. What do I have to look for in the agreement that should or might make it not enforceable?
  15. thats not exactly what i'm saying. A contravention occurs when your wheels enter the box junction and you cant clear the other side. Ask them for evidence that this exactly occured. The fact that your vehicle was caught on CCTV stopped in a box junction is not a contravention. The contravention is "entering and stopping". It might be true that you contravened but its up to the authority to prove that to you.
  • Create New...