Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About sparkledust

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Im still waiting for the council to come back with their figures. the 'maintainence' payments, all i have is a copy of an email sent to the Social worker from her manager confirming it was maintainence payments. They also confirmed im not entitled to claim CB or CTC while receiving them. CB confirmed that if someone is in receipt of 'fostercare' then CB wouldnt be paid. CTC said the same thing. the payments are not classed as fostercare by SS but are by everyone else despite SS saying they arent. There are differing opinions as to wether it should be counted or not becaus
  2. Yes, we are on the housing list, but its very unlikely we will be offered anything anytime soon as, thanks to the council disregarding 3 children, we are technically overhoused. Hence the private rental we are in. I have been in touch with CB and CTC several times, the sticking point seems to be this SS payment. they are adamant its purely to maintain the children and not a 'wage'. Because of that No one seems to know what section to put it in other than foster care allowance. The money cant be fostercare as i havnt been assessed and approved as a foster carer, the payments dont incl
  3. Social services are saying that its a form of maintainence allowance, but not fostercare allowance. They wont elaborate on this. No one! When the case goes to final hearing they payments will change from what they are now to Residence order payments which will be reduced to take into account CB and tax credits, and then i will be able to claim these. As long as the 'maintainence' is in force we are not entitled to either. we converted the dining room into a bedroom for the girls in the old house, not ideal by any means but workable. It was Social Services, through the courts who
  4. Hi, am hoping someone can offer me some advice, its a long story so apologies and please bear with me. 18 months ago 3 children of a family member were placed with me by social services. At the time i was living (quite comfortable) with my own 2 children in a 3 bed house. In order to stop the 'new arrivals' from being taken into the care system i was told i must move into a bigger property. Council wouldnt help as they said until everything went to final hearing the children could only be classed as living with me tempararily. So I had to take private rented accommodation. ( had to give
  • Create New...