Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About geeman62

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. To be honest, I would be happy to sign an agreement if the ex gratia payment reflected the three months they wish me to remain quiet. 3 months salary in addition to my legal entitlements of a months notice in lieu, accrued holiday pay, payment for days worked this month and also statutory redundancy pay. That would be understandable and they could simply carry on with the restructure and I would get another job.....hopefully.
  2. The feeling from my Solicitor is that there is a sound case for Unfair Dismissal. My role has simply been divided up between other people. If I went to Tribunal would probably be looking at 9-12 months loss of earnings, if no alternative role becomes available in the market place.
  3. The situation is that they are offering an ex gratia payment of £1750 for me to sign away my rights, on top of my legal entitlements. Given my monthly salary is in excess of this, to pay off a three month period, this doesn't really offer value for money as far as I am concerned. My solicitor is looking at all the documentation and I feel that an enhanced offer should be made. Any thoughts?
  4. Hi, I have been involved with a consulatation process as a number of people at work have been advised their roles are at risk of redundancy due to re-organisation and restructure. A proposed organisation chart had been circulated and my current role was not shown, and there was only one other role that I could express an interest in. This I did and was due to have an interview for the role this week. Now, however, my employers have issued an amended organisation chart and the role that I expressed an interest in is no longer stated. I am told by HR that there will only be a supervisory ro
  5. I have now received further communication from the County Court that 'Notification of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)'. The hearing is to take place on 1st October 2009 at Hertford County Court. I have paid the £75.00 hearing fee and now need to deliver to the DSG and the Court Office copies of all documents that I intend to rely on. How should I present these documents? Is there a specific way they should be presented? It is my intention to include all of my e-mail correspondence with the Customer Services Department from the outset of my complaint, together with
  6. Thanks, Is there a readily available e-mail address for Equita as I have the e-mail address for the Council?
  7. Thanks Hallowitch, Do I need to write to Equita explaining anything as I do feel it very unfair they are calling on an address that I am not registered at? Are there any standard letters I could refer to?
  8. I have received a Bailiff Removal notice today from Equita delivered by hand to a friends house with whom I have stayed occasionally since having been ordered to move from my previous address due to co-habitation issues. This is in respect of unpaid Council Tax to Redbridge Council at the previous address that was shared with my then partner. The bailiff apparently attended my friends address and has posted a Removal Notice through the door addresed to myself. It states the normal that:- I have attended today with the intention of removing your goods and chattels as are necessary to
  9. I had already submitted an allocation questionnaire earlier in the process. Is there a need for a second?
  10. Thanks Car, I spoke to the court eysterday and they stated that as there has been no suitable offer made, I needed to advsie the court as such as they could not accept this over the phone. That is fine but I was wondering if there is anything in particular that I should include in the correspondence? The original stay order quoted the following: On or before 16 July 2009, one of the following steps must be taken: either the claimant must notify the court that the whole of the claim has been settled; (see note (i) below) or the claimant or defendant must write to the cour
  11. Hi guys, DSG have failed to make an offer of settlement to my claim, despite my letter sent as advised above, and I have to now advise the court as such. Is there anything in particular that I should include in the letter, or is there a standard response I should use. This has to be at the court by Thursday 16th July so would appreciate any assistance. Many thanks
  12. Thanks car2403, I'll wait for the stay period to take its course and await further news.
  13. Thanks for that trooper68. I have already commenced legal proceedings against DSG Retails based upon the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) as the laptop did not have the durability that would be expected of a machine costing £700. It was therefore, not fit for purpose. I submitted two independent engineers reports as requested and was told they would not entertain a repair or compensation as the laptop was out of manufacturers 12 month warranty. Albeit by 8 days. This has been going on since November 2008 and my patience eventually wore thin with DSG who, I beleive, felt the
  14. Hi everyone, Just to let you know that having sent the letter as advised by car2403 I have yet to receive any response from DSG. I sent the letter to the legal department for the attention of the person dealing with the matter. What would be my next step to resolve this ongoing issue?
  15. Just to let you know having sent the letter suggested last week by a colleague on this forum, I have had no response from DSG. What should I do now?
  • Create New...