Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About moobelle

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I know I said I wouldn't be able to do this till the weekend but its too addictive (yes I'm clearly an ex gambler!) - Wonga lent me £35,344 over 6 years, QQ £7,800, Lending stream still haven't finished working out. Interest paid just on W and QQ is £6000 alone. And I've found Capital Finance, MicroFinance, Payday UK, Express finance on just the 6 months worth of downloaded statements I've gone through from 2011. I feel sick. Please could someone let me know if I should cancel the next QQ payment in light of forthcoming complaint?
  2. Hi I will start a consolidated thread listing all my payday loans due to gambling and the severe nightmare it has caused me including losing my job and nearly my family. I have downloaded your guide and going to sort all the information I need to post properly this weekend. However I have (after reading your frankly brilliant guide) looked closely into the situation with QuickQuid. I spiraled from loans of 100 to £1200 with them over 2015,2016 and 2017 whilst also borrowing every month from Wonga, MyJar, Lending Stream. I lost my job in June 2017 and owed them £1200. I defaulted etc and they did actually freeze the interest etc for a period whilst I got back on my feet. In August last year I got re-employed but on a much lower salary. I set up a payment plan with them for £120.76 per month for 18 months meaning total repayment of 2173.68 for a £1200 loan. I believe I have a case for irresponsible lending but simply cannot start it till this weekend. My next payment is due to come out on friday. So... 1) Should I cancel the direct debit or continue paying? 2) If yes to cancelling then should I inform them I have done so and why? Many thanks Moobelle
  3. So I have no right even though I'm still paying rent? Thank you for replying - much appreciated.
  4. Hi I have recently moved out of a privately rented property and have paid the rent up to the 31st of August. I did do the check out last Thursday and have received no information as to whether the landlord is wanting to deduct anything from the deposit (which he shouldn't as the flat was in immaculate condition and clean - unlike when I moved in!). This morning I have received an email from NPower informing me a new tenant has moved in - my question is whether the landlord can legally do this as I am still paying rent? Any advice very gratefully received!
  5. HI I would appreciate some help on this issue if at all possible. I lost my job in May 2017 and was unemployed for 3 months. I was paying £1386.00 per month for a small one bedroom flat in Clapham Junction and had been doing so since Dec 2014 (so nearly 3 years). As it became apparent I could no longer afford the rent I spoke to Kinleigh Folkward and Hayward who were the estate agents for the private landlord I rented off and asked if I could be released early from my tenancy agreement which was due to expire on 10th Dec 2017. After negotiation the landlord agreed the tenancy could be terminated once a new tenant had been found but the estate agents insisted I was liable for paying the letting fee until the end of the tenancy (10th Dec) irrespective of whether a new tenant was found. A tenant was found and we agreed an end date of 25th Oct (today) - I had hoped for earlier as I was able to move to my new cheaper property on 30th Sept. After I moved out I started getting phone calls from workmen asking for permission to enter the flat to measure up replacing the carpets with wooden floors. I agreed but rang the estate agents checking that no work would commence until I had ended the tenancy. I saw no reason why (as I was in fact paying effectively rent on 2 properties that the landlord should profit from the situation by getting rent paid whilst he was having works done.) I got in writing that no work would begin until I had completed check out. I turned up at the flat last night to discover carpets ripped up, some new flooring laid and a total mes. I then cancelled the professional cleaning company I had booked for this am. I went back there this morning to find the workmen there with keys and smoking in the flat. The check out clerk arrived at 10am and was quite appalled too. I have not paid my rent since 10th September as I have no trust in these people (either the agents or the landlord) to not try and rip off my deposit. Financially then I owe 6 weeks rent but there are 4 weeks rent held in deposit. My question is - can I legitimately say they have to cancel the tenancy at the end of last week thereby reducing my debt to them (the workmen told me they had been there all week)and what action should I be taking regarding unlawful and unpermissioned entry into what technically was still my home? I'm not interested in just causing trouble for troubles sake but rather in reducing any payments to them that I need to make. 3 months without salary this year has broken me financially and I just do not have spare money. I'm happy for the deposit to be released to the landlord but want to reduce any further bill by as much as I can.... Any advice will be hugely gratefully received. Moobelle
  6. I am hoping someone can give me some advice re the way my current employer is treating me. I joined on a 6 month maternity cover contract on 28th July 2010 - was offered a permanent position 3 months later as they thought I was good and they thought they would offer me a different equivalent post if the woman I was covering for cam back after her years maternity leave.However I am now likely to be put at risk of redundancy very soon as the company is not doing well and has a large budget deficit. My question is if I am put at risk now and given the 30 day consultation period (more than 20 employees will be made redundant) will I still be accruing my continuous employment during the consultation period? My feeling is I would be but HR are saying they don't know.....If I do accrue these rights I will be due an extra 4k once formally made redundant as per my employment contract which allows for enhanced payouts after 1 years service and due to my age. HR are saying they make the payment calculations on the day of putting people at risk in which case I will not have completed 1 years service. If howvere they are wrong I will be entitled to the extra payment following the 30 days consultation.My other question is do I have rights to claim harrassment and discrimination even though I am just short of a year? Any advice very gratefully received:)
  7. Hi I am now using Payplan which is working extremely well at keeping my payments to a level I can just about afford (though eating is a luxury I may soon have to give up!) Most of my creditors have frozen interest etc and are just defaulting me which is fine as I will never want creit again. However Egg have not responded to anything and now I can't access my account online as its disppeared - which means the small payments they are getting each month are also not visible to me. My question is - has this debt disappeared? How do I find it (not that I want to)? has anyone else had this with Egg and lastly should I be worrying about it? Many thanks Moobelle
  8. Hi Last April I ordered a Tomy Baby Monitor as a present for my sister. Once she finally had the baby in august 08 she started using the monitor until it broke two weeks later. During this time I had had to go into the services of Payplan as I lost my job and was unable to keep servicing my debt (a bit like the UK at the moment only mine is significantly less lol)... I had to open a new basic bank account and so stopped using the account which I had paid for the monitor from. On dec 31st this year after much tooing and froing between my sister and Amazon I had a 45 minute converstaion with one of thier so called customer services representatives. I explained the whole situation and he sent me a returns label and promised when the monitor was back to Amazon someone would call me and confirm an address for the refund to be sent to in cheque form. 16th Jan I get an email from Amazon saying they had processed the refund and I foolifhly thought I would get the promised phone call at some point soon. By fri I thought I should check the original bank account as I still have online access even though account terminated. And there was the £55 from Amazon. Which I can't access. I spoke to amazon again fri afternoon and was told they would send me a cheque - I asked for them to confirm this in email and they promised to within two hours. sat am still no email so now I'm really angry - ring customer services again and after 48 mins of being progressed up the chain I am promised that they will talk to billing and get back to me yesterday. Which of course they haven't. I feel like I have done everything in my power to get my money back and they have paid it to the wrong person effectively. I spoke to an increduibly rude person at NW who said tough you can't get the money and I told them it was Amazon who would be asking for the money not me. I now have no idea what to do next? Am I in the right? All calls are recorded so they can check that I'm telling the truth. Any advice gratefully recieved... Moobelle
  9. anyone any answers????? even one would help....
  10. Have just been re-reading info on Payplan and experiences on here and people seem wary of them saying they don't always negotiate for freezing of interest - shouold I be doing this myself then? I thought was more credible to do offers via debt charity funded by these banks insetad of little old me? Confused - worried and running out of time. Moobelle
  11. Also - sorry brain is fried - if my creditors accept the payment plan (subject to revision when re-employed) will they mark defaults on my account and how long does this normally take? Creditors are NW MBNA Barclaycard HFC Cap One Halifax Welcome Northern Rock Egg Tesco Payplan told me no-one can force me to pay what I don't have if they refuse the offer and so would just continue with payplan paying them. Also presumably it takes a while to register default by which time may have new job..... As always help is much appreciated.
  12. Dear all I have finally taken the step and have become accepted by payplan today who are recommending a debt management programme with me paying £395 per month until I find another job. (Lost highly paid job have approx 55k debt - trying to avoid bankruptcy as hope will get another good job - this is all about just getting through the interim period until I am re-employed) They want me to open basic bank account with nationwide and cancel all dd's on my NW account (NW are one of my creditors). Questions are 1) How long does it take bank to process cancelling dd's - I have in my head it takes ten working days and my next payments will be collected on 28th - so am I too late??? 2) Do I declare to Natiowide why I need account - ie DMP ? 3) Will my creditors start harrassing me bewteeen me cancelling the DD's amd Payplan being in touch? 4) Can I dictate the date of monthly payment to Payplan? Or if I sgree to it tomorrow do I suddenly owe them £395 for first set of payments via their DMP? Sorry for all questions - just have in my head the light at the end of what has been a very long dark tunnel and I need to make a decision I beleive tomorrow in order to stop next set of payments going out.... Any help will be fabulous. Moobelle
  13. HI again the copy I have received is a photocopy so impossible to tell if two sided or not.... T&C's are a seperate print out as well if that makes any difference to its ligitimacy. Moobelle
  14. Cheers Dave and RMW - initial reaction - oh bugger!!! I don't really have anything to negotiate then do I if it is enforcable???? Am thinking might try Toymakers stance (I think he is saying as Egg terminated agreement when no defaults ie contrary to CCA1974 then they have effectively terminated his obligation to pay them ie if no contract on behalf of creditor then no contract on behalf of debtor) but am awaiting to see what happens with his thread in the long run. Just feels like whatever I do am going to end up with defaults and maybe just going for BR now would be best option..... don't want my credit file shafted but if I don't get work soon its going to be anyway. Am writing to all creditors next week asking them to freeze payments - am hop[ing that as have NEVER missed a single payment and have only ever done the paying late routine then maybe they will go for it - but in current climate who can tell? Other option is BR as have no income and seems unlikely that I am going to qualify for any benefits (despite having paid a fortune in taxes over last 20 years - yeah cheers government - really appreciated). Moobelle
  15. Ah thanks Mistermind - you always end up rescuing me!!! Only panicking as am on last day of job and then have no access to a printer (and funnily enough can''t afford to buy one LOL) to print all my demanding letters out so am trying to do as many as poss today... Mmm will try and get the photobucket stuff magnified... Onwards ever upwards surely!!!!
  • Create New...