Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About finestm

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I have today recieved a letter from fredrickson saying they have failed to receive a responce to previous correspondance and have therfore made tracing enquiries for my current address, and have asked me to call them immediately. It doesnt say what its about. I have never got any letters from them before. I owe egg money but have been paying it off to westcot after thy defaulted me for the past year. should i call, ignore or write to thm? or i was thinking of doing a return to sender on the letter. any advice? Thanks
  2. This is what I wrote in my LBA to LLoyds:- "For the avoidance of doubt I also request a true copy of the original contract that I signed with Lloyds TSB Bank and a copy of the terms and conditions that I received at that time along with any subsequent amendments to these terms and conditions until they reflect your current terms and conditions. Also I request a detailed report of which clause, in the terms and conditions, each charge had been applied against." In reply I recieved:- "The majority of contracts we hold between the bank and our customers are not held in rel
  3. Thanks UPDATE I wrote to egg telling them they are in default, giving them a further month. I have written to the CRA's stating that egg were in default and asking them to remove the 'default notice' from egg. awaiting replies . . .
  4. UPDATE Although Lloyds had said in their first letter that they would review my case as under 'hardship' they answered my LBA with a standard letter stating that all claims were currently being put on hold. Therfore, I called the FOS and asked them to step in as I am a genuine hardship case, they said they would initially write to Lloyds to urge them to give me a final answer as the '8 week' complaint handling timeframe does not finish till July. I have been advised that if Lloyds do not give me a FINAL answer by July then the FOS will again take it further. Additionaly.
  5. hi steve, yes mate tht was the total amount not including interest. any suggestion re the cca request? PS please change the thread title to WON!!
  6. UPDATE Egg will refund the £260 back onto the account, which I guess is fair as I owe them £6k. Took 2 weeks from prelim, they replied within 7 days so i sent an lba giving them further 7 days. I doctered the andrew n_wide letter. I did ask for a copy of my agrreement AND default notice with the prelim (2 weeks ago) but by mistake i said i would give them 28 days to comply lol (my fault should have read up on my statutory right, ie 12 days!) I havnt recieved anything yet, should I give them the 28 days I said i would?!! Finally a huge thank you to for the help from this forum, d
  7. Thank you PM, i didnt know about that post!!
  8. Hi I really need some advice re my car. I have a car on personal contract hire. Have had it since July 07 on a 3 year contract. Since then the car has been in for warrenty repairs 4 times, due to go in for the 5th time. The first time I let it go as I thought these things happen and thats what the warrenty is for. Then Seeing as the problem wasnt sorted (loud pitch squeak from the breaks) I called the broker to ask for help and they insisted that it was MY responsibility, use the warrenty! Me being naive accepted this and took it in the 2nd time, note that everytime the car goes in
  9. Hi m8, as pgh says they have 40 days, therfore ignore their letter, and if you dnt hear from them within the time frame u stated use the template for non DPA compliance, check this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html hope that helps
  10. Hi mate, by your first letter do you mean the request for you statements/charges list?
  11. They practically forced me into signing the agreemant at my branch to switch the classic MC to the DUO. I was at the counter, then a member of staff came behined me when i finished led me into a room and said I would get a better interest rate if i signed! I had the same issue where I recieved a bill for the Classic MC although it had been closed and balance transfered! I made a payment over the phone to the DUO account. Now i have just realised that althought their website shows an APR of 15ish% on the DUO card I am on 20% this they say is because i am not a NEW customer off the
  12. Thank you saintly, any opinions on the FOS or Court route. taking into account i will be applying as hardship case as im a uni student!
  13. Hey all! My story: Sent prelim for £1k+ recieved on 8/5/08, mentioned in the letter that I was a full time student therfore wanted to be assessed as a hardship case. Recieved reply to prelim today (9 days) in the form of a standard complaints reply telling me to allow 4-8 weeks for them to look into it. Should I send the LBA? Also as I have asked to be considered as a hardship case, if/and when i have to take it further what avenue do people recommend? FOS or court route? I understand from my reading that in court the case will be probably stayed and them I can apply
  14. Hi I sent my prelim to the registered address too, recieved a standard reply, re 4-8 weeks to answer complaint, today from the Andover address. Maybe yours got returned because you addressed it to 'customer services', maybe not. I would just send the LBA now stating your initial letter was ignored, state you sent it recorded delivery.
  • Create New...