Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

1 Follower

About audiobookman

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hiya, Just a quick update, without going into too much detail. The claim has now gone legal. The council refused any claim stating that there is no tree so there is no claim - UNBELIEVABLE. They removed all trace of the evidence and are hiding behind that. We have had a lump of the drive lifted and the root there is massive, it is very clear that that is the cause of our damage. We had a arborist our insurance company employed visit and has written a report very favorable to our position, we are currently waiting for DNA reports to pr
  2. Hello, thanks for the frank and honest post. We have had an update, on weds evening a van turned up and put cones outside our house, then in the morning a tree local services truck turned up to evaluate the site. The guy that turned up the evening before had requested the arb team to check the site. The arborist told me that the council won't remove any healthy tree so it would most likely remain he would let me know when he has spoken to the highways team. About 30 mins later he changed his tune, the highways guys said the job couldn't be done without the tree bei
  3. Hiya, Ive already had quotes and they are shocking. No one will touch it until the council has sorted the problem, driveway has to be changed. Ive just exposed the roots on our property thats causing some of the damage, but looking further at our drive now we have a massive new crack that has gone to our house (wasnt there only a few months back). Our builder has said he will come over with a digger to expose more but i think i have enough evidence now. I would rather not contact local press but MP might be a good option, i think he lives in our st
  4. Just had a full freedom of information request delivered. Shocking, reports going back to 2006 over damaged caused by tree roots at front of our property. Would this count as "Foreseeability" that the council will only admit liability if this is confirmed?. In the council reports they say tree root damage, then "action required" then no follow ups (2015), then the annual inspection in 2017 it shows damage again with "no action required"..... the damage is still apparent today. I'm not claiming for car damage, there really is no point now. But the damage it
  5. Hi thanks for the replies. There is no order on the tree as far as I'm aware, there are other trees on the road that haven't caused any problems so you are probably correct with it not being planted deep enough soil is too shallow. I don't know when it was planted, but again assume your correct. The house was built in the 20s or 30s so it could easily be that age.
  6. Hello, After some guidance. sorry if drawn out.... Our local authority has a sycamore tree on the footpath outside our property. We moved in in 2017 and the damage was apparent to the public highways and footpath that the roots were travelling under the tarmac. In 2019 i decided enough was enough and reported it to the council as a defect (car got damaged). When i was on the page i noticed a large amount of reports for the same issue going back years. The report went in but the council decided no further action would be taken and they would "monitor the situation".
  7. Noodle does give a number but im now 100% sure its taken out of thin air, if you look at the full report it will give 1-5 but a number under it. Mine is 554 (2) where it has stayed for over a year, even though i payed off two loans - stayed in the black, payed of a large proportion of my mortgage, and the one and only default fell off in july (SB).
  8. LMAO i used to do this with a sheet of black paper (kills the toner) when i used to get spam faxes, it was looped and i would leave it for ages, rinse and repeat. Eventually the spam faxes stopped.
  9. they just done it to me, i ignored and eventually they did a attachment of earnings to pay, i was livid... mine was from 1998 so they say
  10. sabby, i know how you feel, you want these parasites to stop bothering you. Ive / we all have been there on this site, and the advice is the best you can ask for anywhere. DCA's such as the one you are dealing with have ZERO powers, they will huff and puff threaten and always say "may do this" or "may do that". At the end of the day that is as far as they can take it. The agreement you originally agreed to is set in stone, the DCA cannot change it, if housing benefit is not mentioned as a gross part of your income then that they way it is, never to change. You have filled in t
  11. Thanks guys this is interesting, two different views, my take is that for a account to be statute barred then i would have to have acknowledged the account within the 6 years of the final payment, be it via letter or payment. BUT under the offset ruling a bank account can take funds without permission under law. So if you had a savings account with the bank and get to 5 years 11 months - under what dotty50 says they could take payment and effectively reset the clock. I dont think that would be fair or just as the account holder has not acknowledged the account
  12. what is that ive never heard of that? They decided to take payment direct from my account without my authority after the first missed payment, i had already set the ball in motion to move my account over to natwest so hadn't used that account, i was waiting for my funds / direct debits to transfer over, the halifax took the payment then closed the band account. I was only paying them beforehand via direct bank transfer and never set up a direct debit with em. i realised what they had done at the time but did not feel inclined to chase as i was away from that ban
  13. hi guys well im sure im now sb, but there is an issue. My last payment to halifax was in may 2009 after they failed to issue cca. I didnt pay in june. BUT they took payment direct from my current account in july, just while the account was in limbo during its transferre. Could i argue that the debt is now sb or would i have to wait until july when they effectively stole from my current account for the clock to count down?. cheers
  14. the file wont fall off until jan 2016?, or will it be sept 2016 because of the second default? The original default notice i got was back in sept 2009 so halifax waiting until jan is acceptable? thanks
  15. Hi guys and gals Ive got a problem with noodle, i have a default notice put on my file 5 or 6 months after the notice back in 2009-10 then they put another default notice in sept 10. here is the thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?196210-Halifax-cc-cca&p=4703400&viewfull=1#post4703400 sorry admin if this a problem but i thought i would highlight it in this room as it is specific to credit ref agencys is this grounds to have the markers removed, i was sure they could only default you once. many thanks
  • Create New...